Page 1 of 32 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Classic Banner Competition 2006

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default EoFF Classic Banner Competition 2006

This is a competition to decide on a possible new banner (header image) for the EoFF Classic forum style. For those of you who haven't seen this style, please use the drop-down menu at the bottom left of this webpage to change between styles. The current banner is as follows:

There will be two weeks for any member to come up with up to three submissions. The image should be roughly 400 x 200 pixels and should not be larger than 100,000 bytes. The image should be in JPG or PNG format and should include no transparency.

It is favourable (although not required) for you to use a blue shade over the image and have 'Eyes on' in Annifont and 'FINAL FANTASY' in capital letters in a font similar to that found on any of the other EoFF banners. To make a point of this: It probably won't help your chances if you ignore this, but if you pull it off well enough that it still looks good in EoFF Classic, good for you.

During the initial two week period, you can post your works in this thread to get constructive criticism from members in order to perfect your final three submissions. They can be similar to each other or totally different - this is up to you.

Once the two weeks are over, a one week voting period will begin where people can vote for up to five different banners, no more than two of your five votes should be by a single artist - this is to stop people from pushing one member's banners ahead of everyone else's.

Depending on the amount of submissions, a percentage will go through to round two, and the rules of round two will be posted at that point.

For an example of how this could work - in 2002, 42 banners were submitted to round one and ten of them made it to round two for another round of voting. Of those ten, the top five or six voted banners went into the Staff Forum where the Staff made the final decision. This time it will work in a similar fashion, with the members voting in the first two rounds and the finalists going to the Staff who will again make the final decision.

All previous long-term banners for EoFF Classic will be automatically entered into round one, including the current banner, and these will not be included as artist submissions (they are by Ash and Leeza respectively). This means Ash (if he even bothers showing up) and Leeza will be allowed to enter three NEW submissions along with their older submissions being entered.

For an example of what artwork was submitted last time, please see this zip file.

When you have your submissions ready, please clearly state in a post in this thread which banners you want to submit. If possible, name the files with your username followed by A, B and C.

Any questions?

EDIT: Please note the below quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    HEAR THIS: Although a great deal of these banners are really quite beautiful, I DO NOT WANT the picture containing mostly/all FF girls. That's a little bit too feminine/fanboy-ish.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Sounds pretty cool, i might give this a shot!

Does it have to be final fantasy related? Can we use picutres from the photo album?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Why the hell not

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Wish i could work with Photoshop & such. :/

Str8 Pimpin'

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice, I always work with 400 x 200. I might try it.

Damn, I wish I was talented in creating these. That would be a good way for me to make a name for myself. Oh, well. May the best person win, I suppose?
    <input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">-->

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Does it have to be final fantasy related? Im geussing it does ^_^; Okay, cool :]

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, what's the prize? How about a colored custom titled? *whistles*

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

If somebody included Strago in a banner it would be the happiest day of my life.

I have no idea how to do these things

Can someone make me a Banner so I can submit it for competition as my own, win the 1st Prize and steal all the glory for myself?

Please?! :kaobeg:

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, THAT'S gonna happen.

Bernard would be so proud of his Mommy/Daddy hybrid if I won!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There is no prize but the recognition that you made the banner. It'll probably have your name in the filename, for what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blykus
    May the best person win, I suppose?
    May the best banner win.
    Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    Does it have to be final fantasy related? Can we use picutres from the photo album?
    I would suggest FF related things if you intend on winning.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I finished my first draft of this. It might be my submission A, but I dunno. What do you guys think? Should I make it a slightly different blue shade, a bit darker, what not? Thanks!