Thread: How Would You Like Your Battle System?

Default How Would You Like Your Battle System?

This is roughly how i would have my battle system(s)

I think that ff x-2 has the best active battle system but i would like the option of it also being controlled like ff x so i could switch between the two . My reason for this is you could have a real time battle system (like ff-2) where you make your decisions quickly (like a actual battle) & have your team members postioned around the enemy rather than in front of them in a line. OR you could have the waiting system,(ff x's version) which you take turns to attack & can spend as long as you want thinking about a command without worrying about a monster rapidly attacking your party members.
    But i did not like the dresssphere idea & would prefer the characters to have one role e.g gunner, warrior, thief , knight, black mage etc... And as for either the summon, gf, or aeon system, i think it would fit better if they were just spells, short movie sequences like in the early ff's. the reason i have for this is while in the early stages of ff x, i found myself using the aeon's to much instead of training up my characters so i considered them in a way an unffair advantage. & i would like it if each character had his/her own summon(like a pet ) & there physical attacks & spells attacks were based on that element (sort of like the gf's but a more advanced version.)

How would you have your battle system if you were creating it?

Speak among yourselves

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Medium Rare with a side ordering of relish.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    Medium Rare with a side ordering of relish.
    would you like a drink with that sir? hahaha:mog: