Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Silent hill movie

Default Question about Silent hill movie

Hey this is for people that have seen silent hill the film. I have a question that i hope someone could answer- The guy with the pyramid on his head with a huge sword.. who is he? and what is his story? i mean ive seen him b4 in the game but what exactly happend to him?

Never Ending Pain....

<A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Head">This</A> should answer your question.

That just says what he is.. a monster and it tells which parts in the game he appears and diffrent weapons he equips and has on him and ways he kills things.. it does not tell who he really is? was he a once a normal person? or is he satan himself?

Never Ending Pain....

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    In the additional back story material delivered by creators (Walter Sullivan Victims and Book of the Lost Memories) it was revealed that the physical appearance of Pyramid Head was an effect of James's fascination with Silent Hill folklore. As we may learn throughout the game, Pyramid Head's appearance was a variation of the outfits of the executioners from the Valtiel Sect (connected to the feeling of self-punishment) who were wearing red hoods and ceremonial robes to make themselves similar to the Valtiel, the angel of the town.
    Hes basically nothing, but James's imagination.

In the film, pyramid head is just someone that gets summoned by that strange woman. Something to please the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~ View Post
    In the additional back story material delivered by creators (Walter Sullivan Victims and Book of the Lost Memories) it was revealed that the physical appearance of Pyramid Head was an effect of James's fascination with Silent Hill folklore. As we may learn throughout the game, Pyramid Head's appearance was a variation of the outfits of the executioners from the Valtiel Sect (connected to the feeling of self-punishment) who were wearing red hoods and ceremonial robes to make themselves similar to the Valtiel, the angel of the town.

hmm.. never knew an imagination could kill other people...

Never Ending Pain....

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~ View Post

It can in Silent Hill.

Have you ever know a place like Silent Hill?

so if i ever got stuck in silent hill, then i could imagine loads of super powerful bodyguards to protect me so i have nottin to worry about!

what makes Silent Hill so diffrent from the rest of the world? except from the ovious monster, fog and such.

Never Ending Pain....

so if i ever got stuck in silent hill, then i could imagine loads of super powerful bodyguards to protect me so i have nottin to worry about!
    No, Silent Hill takes your fears and makes them into a reality. It doesnt try to protect you, it tries its best to hurt you.

what makes Silent Hill so diffrent from the rest of the world? except from the ovious monster, fog and such.
    The title's namesake, 'Silent Hill', is an isolated lakeside resort town in the United States inhabited by mysterious forces. Demonic and disfigured creatures roam the streets and buildings, and the town continually shifts between everyday reality and a decaying "Otherworld." In the first two games, the protagonists are drawn to the seemingly abandoned town; in the third and fourth games, the town reaches out to characters who have some previous connection to it.

Determining the exact location of Silent Hill is complicated. The games portray Silent Hill as a small, secluded town, smothered in fog, surrounded by large hills and flanking a lake, but this could be any one of a hundred towns in the United States. The manual to the first game describes Silent Hill as a small New England resort town, and the town's surroundings, particularly the fog, are similar to the region. In the second game, the number plates on all the cars are from Michigan. The fourth game takes place in a town called Ashfield, which resembles Fall River, Massachusetts, home to famous alleged axe-murderer Lizzie Borden (dark American folklore is one of the series' influences).

Search Centralia on Google and you will figure out that the town Silent Hill exsists just with another name and no monsters lol. BUT LOADS OF SPIRITS! OW YEAH!

Never Ending Pain....

Determining the exact location of Silent Hill is complicated. The games portray Silent Hill as a small, secluded town, smothered in fog, surrounded by large hills and flanking a lake, but this could be any one of a hundred towns in the United States. The manual to the first game describes Silent Hill as a small New England resort town, and the town's surroundings, particularly the fog, are similar to the region. In the second game, the number plates on all the cars are from Michigan. The fourth game takes place in a town called Ashfield, which resembles Fall River, Massachusetts, home to famous alleged axe-murderer Lizzie Borden (dark American folklore is one of the series' influences).
    The makers were influenced by certain places. And maybe that town was an influence to them.

Its based on the town called Centralia!

Never Ending Pain....

In researching the different elements of Silent Hill, screenwriter Roger Avary (Killing Zoe, The Rules of Attraction) came across the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania. In the List of Silent Hill locations there is a place called Ashfield which is half a day's drive from Silent Hill. Looking at a map of Centralia, there is a town called Ashland about a mile south of Centralia. Also mentioned in the list is the town of Portland and a section of Silent Hill called South Vale, located on the south shore of Toluca Lake. Also mentioned in the history of Centralia was a fire in a landfill that spread to the coal mine underneath the town. In Silent Hill, Alessa Gillespie was severely burned and the coals used to burn her set fire to the rest of the town. It seems that Centralia planted the seed for what developed into the cinematic version of the town of Silent Hill.
    It influenced the film, not the games.

read about it.. read about centralia and find out that it is THAT town.

Never Ending Pain....