Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are sidequests worth it? If so... convince me. *possibly minor spoilers*

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    I want to get all the legendary weapons, but it just looks like it would take SO long. And you have to get two additional items just to get it! So are they worht it?
    I don't think so - Yuna and Auron's aren't very hard to get (at least with the NA version), but I ended up not using them and just customized weapons instead. Although getting the right items to add some of the better abilities to customized weapons can take a while too

Not sure on the dark aeons, as I don't have the Int version.

However I hear they are stronger than most things in the arena... and given the fact that only Tidus(whos completely filled the entire default sphere grid(before filling in all the empties and clearing +1s for 4s...) can even stand up to half of the arena monsters for very long.. I would say that if you can't find a way to outrun them... you will need to be able to beat them....

and that leveling is going to take a while.

yeah if u wanna beat the game all the way then do it...the final weapons r really cool though i like them alot...and the side quest to take alittle while but its worth it i think

Yeah... Well I got really really owned.. The sister started out with full overdrive and I was dead after two turns..

I used A Aeon to cover their first attack wich wasnt their overdrive, but it dealt max damage never the less...

Ive never felt so humiliated.. I just sat there with my jaw hanging down.. hehe
    I also met Valefor at besaid. Same thing there.. Maybe ittl be a different story if im prepared to meet em.

I would have to say the fun sidequest are worth it
    Rikku Sidequest
    Yuna Sidequest
    Wakka Sidequest
    Auron Sidequest

KImarhi,Lulu,and Tidus sidequest is getting on my nerves but I am doing it only for the sigil!
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

Blitzball I can't seem to get re-interested in...

Lulu and Kimarhi's sigills I don't really want to even try.

Tidus's is annoying, but fast refresh timer on it.. so you shouldn't spend toooo long on it. The birds can be VERY annoying at times when the trainer gets right behind you and therefore locks all 4 birds on you.. I had some good runs often but I'd get to that last stretch and get nailed by one bird..... out of luck/bad dodging.. then the 2 birds for the trainer would hit me before i got control back! then my 2 birds were back and hit me! then the 2 birds for the trainer! then the trainer passed me and I could finish. Being stun locked is a PAIN

I had to end up getting at least 12 net ballons(13 ballons, 1 bird, and 35.9 or something I think was my final time)... after getting a 0.4, 0.1, 0.6, and 0.8... finally got that 0.0

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight View Post

Lulu and Kimarhi's sigills I don't really want to even try.
    Lulu's really isn't that bad if you set off a chain reaction in that crater or find an area with lots of bolts. Really it will take an hour tops

But yeah... Avoiding them red butterflies on that turning is apparently based entirely on luck *rips harp playing bird thing's beak off*

*gets Rikku to mug chocobo lady for sigil*
    jkhkjg

Tee Hee, I'm one of those crazies that simply has to get everything right, Tidus and Lulu have gone all the way around the grid and Tidus finally has a strength of over 200! *cheers* its a shame that i can hit 99999 now i think, i wrecked the final boss, but the yu yevon aeons crush me because their stats are high too... *anger*

That guy on that thing... some people are insane, in a good way

I myself am playing for the first time in months, so I didn't care for all Al Bhed primers, Spheres for Auron's OD, etc.

The only side thing that I _always_ do in my games is to get Yojimbo, Anima and Magus Sisters. And activate the easy Celestial Weapons (Godhand, Nirvana and maybe Masamune and Caladbolg if I have patience for those two). And unlock some creations, in order to get items to teach neat abilities to Anima my aeons.

So, you really should only get your hands on the hidden Aeons. They are worth it. Specially Anima.

Oh, Anima. <33333~
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

You should play the game however you want. But if you've already spent the money on it, I don't see why you wouldn't want to get the most out of it. Is there really any rush to plow through it? Unless you just want to move on, in that case just beat it.

Except lightning dodging that's never worth it. Never.

It's wierd how some people find lightning dodging harder than the race... Maybe it's something to do with different ways of thinking...
    jkhkjg

Well the race was moderately frustrating.. cause of the birds hitting me.

However the race has an much faster restart timer than the lightning would I imagine.

ie.. if you get to 50 bolts and have to start over(2-3minutes or more like 5-6?)... you've wasted alot more time than if you lost one race in the chocobo trainer course. (1minute~)

/shrug.

I think the racing and lightning dodging hate/indifference comes down to which one you happened to get lucky at. I got lucky at racing and not so much with dodging lightning. I have frustration limits... and it's not high enough for both T_T

I dodged 200 lightning bolts in less time than it took me to get 3.3 secs on the race... Meh
    jkhkjg

Geez. Neither of them are all that difficult. Tedious? Without a doubt, but not so difficult as many of you make it sound.

choco race: one of the five or six patterns of balloons that comes up allows you to get about five or six balloons before you turn the first corner, afterwards it's just a matter of coming at the balloons from angles that allow you to snatch them and also dodge the birds.

Lightening dodge: there is a place (a couple, actually- but one that I use) where the lightening strikes in a regular pattern, you can get Lulu's sigil in a matter of twenty minutes- if you don't decide to take a couple of breaks between.

Dodging the butterflies is not luck. The butterflies fly in a set pattern, back and forth. There are a couple of spots near the end of both dodges where it's a little tricky to see where the butterflies are in relation to the path, but once you try one or two spots, then by deduction the correct path must be that which you've not yet taken. Granted, you need to reach the trouble spot in roughly the same time in order to predict the position of the butterfly, but since the early part of the dodges are pretty easy that shouldn't be too difficult.

You're probably thinking by now, "surely he must be through blabbering" but no such luck! ...."blabber, blabber, blabber....etc., etc."

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."