Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII remake Yes or No

To be honest, I'd say no way, I don't think that any of the Final Fantasy titles need to be remade, maybe in many years to come, but not now, it's too early for that. People are still stuck into the old Final Fantasy games, the last thing they want is to get half way through a Final Fantasy game, and then discover that it's been re-released in an updated version. Not only that, but nothing beats the origionals, some might say that it would be better because the graphics and sound etc would be improved. Maybe so, but remember that technology is always developing, so if they came out with a new Final Fantasy VIII, then what happens years after that? Technology would improve and people will be asking for another release of FF8! So I will have to say no, although I do love the game.

Well not a remake but re-released on a PS3 disk so you could play it on that system. Same graphics and everything.

You mean you can't play PS1 disks on a PS3??? I thought you could, but I suppose there would be an advantage. I mean, at least it would all fit on one disk.

I'd like a remake, but that's not saying as much, considering I'd like them for VII, VIII, and IX. Hell, even X in maybe 10 years. VIII reamake would be welcome but I'd say wait 5 years or so when technology is even more better. Though I guess they could make any of them with DoC or X/X-2 graphics and I'd stilll be pleased.

Well, it depends...
    SE could definitely pull it off, they have my support, and their games are wonderful imo.
    But I'd like to see one or two new gfs, maybe a sequel could be good, but a remake is something I'd love to see. Granted it was done right.

No way. Square should spend more time making new games instead of redoing old ones. Its laziness.

I cant stand games with just one disk that you beat in like 4 days. The 4-disks auctually made you 'work' for that ' ahhhh another game ive conqured' feeling... and another thing i was woundering... will you be able to play ps2 games on the ps3???
    im to cool for sigs.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by James16
    will you be able to play ps2 games on the ps3???
    Yeah..

Str8 Pimpin'

Maybe remake, but online mode hll NO.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would love for it to be just a straight graphics update. That is all.