Thread: puzzling question regarding shinra building

Default puzzling question regarding shinra building

I have a question regarding the shinra company building.

After completing DoC, I went back to watch advent children again. When it comes to the final fight scene between cloud and sephiroth, the whole shinra building was in ruins. One particular scene even shows the top half of the shinra building collapsing.

Now Dirge of Cerberus took place one year after advent children right? Now, if I remember correctly, the whole shinra building is fully intact in DoC! Vincent even went into the building during the last part of the game!

Any reason for this?

Actually, it never shows the top of the Shinra Building in DoC. That is the only part of it that Sephiroth destroyed in AC. The rest of it was left pretty badly damaged, and that's the way it remained in DoC when Vincent revisited it. It was pretty badly destroyed from VII and AC (what with Diamond WEAPON blowing up the top and then Cloud and Sephiroth having a duel there) but the building remained, for the most part, fully intact. Obviously it's going to look a bit rundown, but not much more than that.

my whole thing is: cloud and sephiroth are fighting over deepground's heads the entire time in advent children. and where is Edge when the WRO launches it's assault on Midgar? isn't Edge like, right on the EDGE of Midgar? the only thing that i couldnt figure out.
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They needed a toilet and only the Shinra building has it. So it has to be rebuilded one way or another!

The reason is that the compilation is a poorly written, incoherent dumpster fire and absolutely none of it was thought through beyond how to cash in on FF7's popularity in the cheapest, laziest way possible.