Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh jeez, I've seen the error of my ways

Default Oh jeez, I've seen the error of my ways

Yeah, so I bought a Playstation to USB adapter, the one where you can plug in your controller and use it on your computer. Yeah, It is win. I'm killing things in Secret of Mana as we speak. <3. Before I got this I was thinking "Man, Playing games on Emulators -sucked-" until now, 'cause now it's like the real thing.. only with a playstation controller! I'm totally happy, I can't believe I didn't buy one of these things sooner.

Anyone else buy anything that just made them feel like they did a stupid thing by not buying it sooner? 'Cause this is one of those things with me.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

How much did it cost?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How much do those things cost? I need one for a N64.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, I saw some guy using one with his laptop in class today. Playing some Mario game. I think it's an awesome idea, but I won't be buying one probably ever.

In answer to the question, though, yeah - usually books. Most recently The Drawing of The Three by Stephen King. Cause that's pretty much all I buy.
    --Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    It's a PSX to USB adapter and I got it at Radio Shack for 11.99. I didn't see any other adapters in the store other than PSX ones, which as we all know you can just config them to what ever. The only other place that I've seen these is https://ssl.perfora.net/electricquar...turn-c-28.html

They have a 7$ PSX to USB but there's prolly shipping with it. They have almost every adapter you can think of. I just hate buying online so when I saw it in the store I just grabbed that, but away a more expensive thing I was buying and got that. xD Works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    Haha, I saw some guy using one with his laptop in class today. Playing some Mario game. I think it's an awesome idea, but I won't be buying one probably ever.

In answer to the question, though, yeah - usually books. Most recently The Drawing of The Three by Stephen King. Cause that's pretty much all I buy.
    Yeah. It makes mario fun again since I was constantly playing it with the keyboard. xD
    And I end up buying alot of books, because I read them a while back, then I end up never reading them. I just keep them for a rainy day. =D

My video camera.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    It's a PSX to USB adapter and I got it at Radio Shack for 11.99. I didn't see any other adapters in the store other than PSX ones, which as we all know you can just config them to what ever. The only other place that I've seen these is https://ssl.perfora.net/electricquar...turn-c-28.html

They have a 7$ PSX to USB but there's prolly shipping with it. They have almost every adapter you can think of. I just hate buying online so when I saw it in the store I just grabbed that, but away a more expensive thing I was buying and got that. xD Works wonders.
    I'll have to look around. My PSX emulator doesn't work, but my SNES and N64 ones work fine.

The Drawing of The Three
    awesome choice in books.stephen king ftw.im in the middle of Salems Lot.but back to the Controller thing.sounds like a great idea.but wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy the games ? emu's are cool.,but id rather play the game w/ no probs then an emu with some glitches or some that crash.just my oppnion.but who cares what i think :rolleyes2

:kaofight:
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Neron View Post
    The Drawing of The Three
    awesome choice in books.stephen king ftw.im in the middle of Salems Lot.but back to the Controller thing.sounds like a great idea.but wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy the games ? emu's are cool.,but id rather play the game w/ no probs then an emu with some glitches or some that crash.just my oppnion.but who cares what i think :rolleyes2

:kaofight:
    Actually it's wonderful, I don't mess with all that PSX, N64 emu mumbo-gumbo. Just good old SNES and NES, I just config my controller and it works wonderfully. I'm like beyond happy.

Blog Entries

I use to have a controler for my PC when I played FFXI, I lost in somewhere in the last three moves.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I need to get one of these...

*Mega Man games on NES and SNES...*

*dies*

Poor Bert.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I need to get one of these...

*Mega Man games on NES and SNES...*

*dies*
    See, it's making your life happier all ready!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember always trying to play my multitude of Mega Man ROMS with the freaking keyboard (yay! I can get past Bubble Man's stage! *dies at Flash Man's stage*)...but funnily enough, you're the second person in a different forum that has brought this device to my attention. Looks like a sign...

Oh dear, Star Ocean!

One question though, how does it work? You plug it into the USB, yaddayadda, but how do you set up the keys?

When I bought my slave children it was the best move I ever made.

You know, I think I have a controller thing somewhere in a drawer. Why haven't I hooked it up to play emulated goodness yet? ;_;

Blog Entries

I have a PSX > PC adaptor as well. It's awesome! We use it for many games. When my brother is playing Last Blade 2, he uses a PSX Arcade Stick.