Thread: Dragon Fangs

Default Dragon Fangs

I'm goofing around Island Closest To Hell fighting the blue dragons (to get the Lionheart, you know), but the bastards ain't dropping any dragon fangs! I'm thinking to revisit Cactuar island to get LvlDown to Tonberry but are there any faster ways? And, while I'm at it, where in Esthar City is the guy with Elnoyles? Many thanks to everyone who bothers to reply.
    Damnit.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Blue Dragons can drop Dragon Fangs at any level. Infact, it's better to have them at a higher level, since they drop more (8 to be precise) at their higher levels. Alternatives include low level Grendels, low-mid level Hexdragons, mid-high level SAM08Gs, and mid-level T-Rexaurs (rare drop only).

In regards to AP gaining, there's really nowhere better than Cactuar Island. Have Squall on his own with Auto-Haste and junctioned Speed (Triple is best for this). Any AP gained is given to every GF, as oppose to Exp which is divided. Gaining about 10~30AP per battle, you'll probably have every ability learned within a couple of hours, maybe less.

As for the Elnoyle guy, he's found on one of the connection bridges that the Lunatic Pandora crosses over. If you miss him then you can find them inside the Lunatic Pandora, or on the lowest levels of the Deep Sea Research Centre. An alternative method to finding the Energy Crystals from Elnoyle is to get them from mid-high level Behemoth's. They can be found at Tear's Point while the Lunatic Pandora is over it, or again in the lower levels of the Deep Sea Research Centre. You can also get them by refining twenty Elnoyle cards, which you can get quite early on in the game.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Mug Blue Dragons, or KO some, just be patient, you're bound to get a few Dragon Fangs, you're probably just being really unlucky

Elnoyle is on the lower walkway in the form of an Esthar soldier (not in the current picture). I think you can only meet him after the Lunar Cry
    Last edited by Bart's Friend Milhouse; 09-07-2006 at 02:52 PM.
    ...Geddit?

Directions to the Elnoyle guy:

Leave Esthar Airstation (by foot, of course), and at the next screen you'll see some Esthar citizens standing around there. Make a right at this intersection, and hit the save point at the next screen. Keep going right, to the next screen, and you'll see an Esthar Airway intersection, with a citizen standing, and an injured soldier. Go up (which is actually down a set of stairs), and at the next screen you'll see some stairs to your right, go down these, and you'll see a guy in black sitting on the rail. This is the Enoyle dude. Talk to him for a fight. To keep fighting them, exit and re-enter the screen after the fight, and he'll be there again.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Ok, so I AM dumb. But... does this Elnoyle guy disappear after Lunar Cry? Or did I just misunderstand the directions?

And yeah, I am unlucky. I tried that card thingy, and now everyone everywhere is playing cards with Random, Same/Same Wall/Plus, and Open rules.

Gotta give a shot to those Behemoths, at least they will be giving me less EXP. When I went to Hell island Squalls level was 30, and now it's 42!!! Because Odin keeps killing Malboros and Ruby Dragons for me...

And just in case someone is wondering, I refined Minotaur Card for adamantines. Or was it Sacred?
    Damnit.