Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Major next-gen console news'...

I'm fairly disappointed with what it turned out to be Once again hype has left me feeling bitter and cynical, a.k.a. the need to post on a forum.

Yet they don't have a solid price estimation...

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Joystiq tends to exaggerate everything in order to get as many hits as possible. They're not really considered a credible news source when it comes to their assumptions.
    Kotaku did it too, though they did allude in their 'hype' post that it wasn't particularly earth shattering news. I can't access Kotaku right now, but I believe the quote was "While you all will probably find it infinitely amusing, in reality it doesn't bring us any closer to what we all want to know."

The news wasn't exactly a megaton, but it wasn't terrible either. We just know that Nintendo has had their final hardware for a while, so everything is going smoothly for them. Next week is the big week for Nintendo, where all that we 'need to know' should be revealed.

Joystiq aplogized

Not as big an announcement as I was expecting, but it's still interesting stuff. Any info regarding an official release date is still just speculation, but I imagine we'll find out all the important stuff next week.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

I thought this is rather huge. I mean, despite the fact taht PS3 prolly doesn't even have a prototype (joking of course) nintendo has had nearly a two month lay time with thier chip. Simply put, this affirms a bit o faith in the WII's credibility and integrity of the system and system.launch, both of which the PS3 have zero of atm.

What a disappointment.

I think that wii is going to do rather well but the PS3 is going to take the market

Quote Originally Posted by gamewizzard16 View Post
    I think that wii is going to do rather well but the PS3 is going to take the market:moomba:
    That's cute.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewizzard16 View Post
    I think that wii is going to do rather well but the PS3 is going to take the market
    That's cute.
    Really, it's too early to say. A whole heck of a lot of gamers - a whole lot of those who came in after '95 - only know/care about PS and X-Box. Nintendo has a strong elite of fanboys, but I think the general market will lean towards the other two.

This presumes, of course, that Sony stop royally smurfing up.