Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animals are people too! ...?

Default Animals are people too! ...?

Animal Rights... its a war folks:
    "UCLA neuroscience professor Dario Ringach, known for his contributions to our understanding of how the visual system processes information, has been forced to give up his experiments by the actions of animal-rights extremists. Although he and his family had endured harassment and vandalization by animal-rights activists for years, Ringach reconsidered after extremists tried to firebomb a colleague's home and accidentally left their Molotov cocktail on an elderly neighbor's doorstep. Ringach sent an email to animal activist groups saying, 'You win... please don't bother my family anymore.'"
    Just a funny story, that is obviously wrong. I am wondering how you all feel about animal rights; animal testing, animal cruelty, factory farming, and other controversial treatments of animals?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BAD BAD.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Animals have the rights expressly given to them by humans as a dominant species. Their fate is our will, as thus it should be.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll let Anaisa speak on my behalf.

I´m studying veterenary medicine so my point of view might be kind of extreme but...

I think that a lot of the activities being held in animals should be punished with jail.

Most research centers have terrible conditions and animals always end up suffering.

So all those so called "researchers" who inject animals with all kind of substances eventually killing them should face death penalty.

animals are food...all medical science is based on research done on animals or people, so i would choose to do it on animals rather than humans....maybe to some that makes me a monster but they would be grouped in with the ALF or PETA in my eyes, and THOSE groups are insane

ps bipper stop reading the news!

The article was several days old, its not news then is it foo

you clever bastard....read on then

the animal rights argument is fun but it gets pretty emotional, because that's the basis of their problem with my eating and medical habits

This reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago about some animal rights activists opening the cages at a slaughterhouse and getting trampled to death by the pigs.

Anyway, as far as necessary research goes, I'd rather it be done on humans who've given consent. They're a far better indicator of human reactions and stuff, given the fact that they are humans.

However, I find animals rather tasty, so, I guess PETA still hates me.
    lol signature

humans giving consent...never thought about that...i would never, i'm not going to give my body to science, but only because of pressure from my family

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Animals obviously aren't even sentient. We can do with them as we will. /sarcasm

Obviously animals can react to pain stimuli and thus have some degree of rights, assuming we do not have a human justification to not grant them rights.

Carrying on that train of thought, I am a firm believer that we should burn down all the plants in the world. Your counter argument, unless you agree with my moral stance that plants have just as much right to not being eaten as animals, is that we need them for our own automation.

Thus the only reason we shouldn't burn down rainforests is because plants serve a purpose of maintaining human life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer View Post
    I´m studying veterenary medicine so my point of view might be kind of extreme but...

I think that a lot of the activities being held in animals should be punished with jail.

Most research centers have terrible conditions and animals always end up suffering.

So all those so called "researchers" who inject animals with all kind of substances eventually killing them should face death penalty.
    case in point: emotionalism if it weren't for those 'so-called "researchers"' we probably wouldn't be alive to have this discussion, since so many diseases were defeated with the knowledge gained from animal testing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I'd rather it be done on humans who've given consent.
    As opposed to humans who haven't?

there was a picture here

well of all the mad scientists in the world...

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

That's an excellent moral question and grounds for another post. Too bad I'm at work and posting something like this with constant interruptions results in a haphazardly written and incoherently attempt at sparking discussion.

Just in case no thread is created, I find utilitarianism to be a terrible philosophy because it can justify doing anything for the sake of a future, yet undetermined, and thus undefined result.

In other words, we can do whatever we want, claiming that tommorow's another day where the results will be gleaned.

(obviously not what utilitarianism is about, but I like doing this to spark convo)