Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final fantasy does have a time line?

Default Final fantasy does have a time line?

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/fina...ne_t39980.html

This isnt completely updated but....I didnt make this time line up. Im just wondering what ya all think about the idea.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No. They are not connected. Only VII and X's worlds are stated to exist in the same universe, but that's the only connection. Final Fantasy games are known for never being set in the same continuity (like alot of other RPG series), and that tradition isn't about to change yet.

And why would anyone take so much time to try and figure out all this stuff anyway? I mean, I like all the games, but I'd never do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    No. They are not connected. Only VII and X's worlds are stated to exist in the same universe, but that's the only connection. Final Fantasy games are known for never being set in the same continuity (like alot of other RPG series), and that tradition isn't about to change yet.

And why would anyone take so much time to try and figure out all this stuff anyway? I mean, I like all the games, but I'd never do something like that.

I dont know but I was almost impressed as much as I was sorry for him.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, and this:

I left out 3 becuase honestly, I've never played it.
    Should pretty much take away all credibility. If I want an actual FF timeline, then I'd expect the crazy person creating it to have played every single Final Fantasy game. Even Mystic Quest.

What about Tactics, Tactics Advance, and XII? WHAT ABOUT IVALICE ZERO!?!

Unless he's only counting the numerals then I fail so nevermind.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Those are still different Ivalices, because the Tactics team is awesome like that and they can do that.

Those are still different Ivalices, because the Tactics team is awesome like that and they can do that.
    I thought it was just entirely unrelated time periods in the same place... You mean they're entirely different universes period? I do not approve of this Matsuno... I do not approve at all.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The continents in T and TA don't look alike at all. Granted, you can put most of the location markers in TA anywhere you want, but the shapes of the continents are completely different.

That made me smile, in a "It seems someone forgot their medicine" way.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, they don't even bother to give in-game reference or other sources for their information (not like there is any).

My favorite part is this one:

When FF4, comes around, the kingdoms have situated themselves around the elemental shrines to protect the crystals. The underground dwarves probably found a lost moogle city. The moogles probably created the Bab-el Tower, Giant, 4 backup crystals in case the 4 from above were taken, and a way to their homeland of eidolons. Moogles are lesser eidolons, and they can sometimes be summoned in some FFs. The Summoners, now known as Callers, have been rediscovered, but are seen as a threat and are mostly wiped out. Golbez and Garland could be incarnations of each other, since they're both Lunars, as could KluYa and Kuja. Since the discovery of an airship in the last era, engineers have been competing to build the most and best airships. The Big Whale could be the remains of the Dreadnought from FF2. The Eidolons, through the gate which the moogles made, may now be made physically manifest on Earth, (the name changed from Gaia to Earth somewhere in there) as well as be summoned. Chocobos are now an entire species, which are easily domesticated. And the moogles have finished their savepoint prototypes. Although the second moon is supposedly expelled at the end, it will probably come back later.
    In FF5, the world has gone soft, so Death comes down from the second moon and paves the way for his invasion by shattering the crystals. These shards are able to be used to give job classes, but later are discovered as the first magicite. The eidolons are still manifest. Since airships are useless due to certain elements being destroyed with the crystals, they're dismantled for better use.

This one is good too:

FF8 reaches the pinnacle of technology, but at the same time begins an evironmental movement inspired by the Lifestream Crisis in FF7. Instead of manufacturing materia, magic is allowed to flow freely through the planet and one's body, getting rid of a lot of the harmful side-effects in FF7's materia. The lifestream flows are cultivated into draw points and Espers, now known as Guardian Forces, are able to manifest themselves anywhere. Airships aren't really used because of the environmental damage they cause. The one city able to make airships that are safe, Esthar, closes itself off from the rest of the world that takes place from another war earlier. Lunatic Pandora is a chunk of the moon, and the second moon produces the Lunar Cry as a means of invasion. Chocobos are nearly extinct and exist in only a few forests. Moogles have evolved to Shuumi, who evolve into Moombas. Everything would be hunky-dory if not for Ultimecia a sorceress from the future, who was driven insane by the loss of her love. She controls sorceresses in the present, has lots of GFs by her side, and wishes to destroy all of time. SeeD is created in order to battle her, and after it wins, SeeD disbands.

Finally FFX. The story is pretty well-explained, and basically the technological worls was destroyed by Sin. Yu Yevon, tha last Lunar, managed to succeed in taking over the world and became the center of his own religion. Magic is still ingrained in some humans so Black Mages like Lulu exist, and other times it naturally solidifies to create spheres, which are similar to materia but not as deadly. The Moombas evolve into Ronsos. The second moon is the Farplane, and Yu Yevon creates a ritual that turns humans into the only possible channels for Espers, now called Aeons, to manifest, thus making the Aeons his slaves until Yuna comes along.

I could stop there but why should I? FFTactics would fit in just between FF5 and FF6, right before the Industrial Revolution, and the shards of the crystals would be used in the artificial summoner horns so that they could be used. The Zodiac Demons are actually the Weapons, which explains why not all the demons are defeated. FFTacticsAdvance would be just before FFX, since the world is fairly technologically modern until the book changes it. And for the record, the reason Red Mages use the color red is not because it's a combination of Black and White magic. It's because the Red Mages are versatile in every magic and skill, so they express their individuality as being Red Mages. which really doesn't explain Blue Mages though....Anyone got an explanation for those? Discuss.

Hell, the whole thing is hilarious.

He asked for an explanation of Blue Mages and I shall now provide!:

You see, Smurfs were blue creatures that lived together in a secluded village. This village has existed since time's origin itself. Each Smurf stood out from one another by having different attributes, such as painting or having red pants. Each Smurf was born with their gift and used it to the benefit of life in the village.

Eventually, the main Crystal from Final Fantasy IX's world was teleported through time when Squall tried to stop time compression as a side effect. It landed in Smurf village. When they came in contact with the Crystal, it allowed them to share memories with each other, which caused their abilities to be copied from Smurf to Smurf.

Smurfs grew fur, became white, and grew wings, much like animal versions of angels, for they had reached a new stage of evolution. Their vocal chords expanded beyond the simple "Smurf" into the word "Kupo", and the new species was named "Moogle".

Moogles are larger than the previous underdeveloped Smurf species, and could no longer stay within their tiny village. The Moogle elders came together to form a pact: "We, who possess the power of ultimate memory, must help others. We will keep books that will preserve other's memories, or 'save' their adventure for them, and we shall share our powers with other species."

When other species were taught the Moogle's newfound abilities of copying, they used the Lifestream to enhance the portion of their brain that contains untapped psychic abilities. This allowed them to copy enemy's abilities by reading their minds.

Moogles named their mystic art "Blue Magic" in honor of their previous blue color, before the wonderful Crystal that changed everything. Thus, all that used the Moogle art were named "Blue Mages."
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 09-10-2006 at 06:19 AM.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This has got to be the worst and lamest attempt at spreading false information that I've ever seen.

Leaves out IIIj, MQ, T, TA, and 5-U. Disgrace.

(1) Japanese guy makes a video game -> (2) People buy it -> (3) Japanese guy makes sequels -> (4) Repeat 2 and 3 -> (5) Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Best quote ever.

FFT and FFVII are not conected? Because i remember that is possible to play with Cloud in Tactics(he is teleported out of his time, or something like that).

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FFT and FFVII are probably in different universes there just as linked as all of the other FFs. i believe all FFs are set in different universe because enemies like kuja and X-death try to end all existence and it would be a bit wierd if kuja destroys the crystal and that means FF1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 are all destroyed. and seems as the things that make up the worlds and all of the universe are usually different, FF must be all in different universes. i dont believe FF7 and FFX are in the same world because although FFx-2 has a reference to FF7, the lifestream and the farplane are similar but too different for itto be the same world. i think you may notice that a lot of the world maps are similar but FF is pretty much never the same planet. its just references.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

If FF's were linked, they'd have to go over the span of tens, probably hundreds of thousands of years, and there's have to be some horribel disaster between each game to completely change the map and cause all evidence of the last game to be eradicated.