View Poll Results: Which was your favorite One Winged Angel?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Of course (FFVII)

9 23.08%
  • Advent Children's

22 56.41%
  • KH1

5 12.82%
  • KH2

3 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Angel

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Favorite Angel

Which One-Winged Angel was your favorite? Personally Advent Children's was my favorite. http://fukamachi.org/media/Advent_%2...ed%20Angel.mp3

advent children, it sounds fuller than the original n i havnt heard th other 2

Why do you imprison your saviour?

advent children because in the FF VII he was pixilated and he was not looking as good, in Kh 1 you barely had time to see him he was so fast, and in KH 2 I can never beat him he does 1 move and I die.
    I have a Final Fantasy VII RPG up and almost ready

Final Fantasy VII: The Last Battle

I am currently working on geting it set back up correctly so I really do not expect anyone to go yet but it is possible. also I do not expect high scores for it yet.

I am open to suggestions for it and also new skin themes that would go allong with it. also any images that you think would go well will be considered.

I am open for registration and will be holding interviews on the site later this week for G-mod and Mod positions.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Blackheart View Post
    advent children because in the FF VII he was pixilated and he was not looking as good, in Kh 1 you barely had time to see him he was so fast, and in KH 2 I can never beat him he does 1 move and I die.
    ....?
    I asked what was your favorite 1 winged angel? Like the music... duh!

advent children had the full one

Epic all day long vivi the master's Avatar

they are all good exept the 3rd one i never heard it so avdent children is the most ....... dramatic
    I think there should be a party....with .....party stuff...yeah.

"Now we fight like Men! and like Ladies! and ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...ITS MORPHIN TIME!"

AC version of course. The cool thing, is that some parts of the lyric, have to do with Sephiroth in the movie.

Sephiroth: I will not be just a memory

Part of the lyric:
    "Noli manere, manere in memoria" = "Won’t remain in memory"

I love it.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

AC OWA ftw.

Not only does it sound cooler,they changed the lyrics and prolonged the time(to like 6 minutes) so that it suit the time of battle between Cloud and Sephy.And don't forget,IT'S ROCK N' ROLL.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

ive not heard either of the KH ones because ive not played them.

im a huge rock fan but even if i wasn't id still like the AC one more. i agree that it sounds more complete and full than the other.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The version of Advent: One-Winged Angel played in FF More Friends concert is my favorite version. There are a lot of versions about OWA, and here's my thoughts about some of them:

FFVII OST version - It's a very good song, but the synth quality could be better.

FFVII Reunion - It's orchestrated, but it just isn't strong enough. It needs more adrenaline, I think.

FFVII Piano Collections - A great arrangement, although it's quite hard to compare this with the other versions since this one is only for a piano.

FF Project Majestic Mix - It's pretty good, but it doesn't have a choir.

KH1 - A nice arrangement with great synth quality. The focus is on choir parts to make the song fit the fast-paced style of the game. This makes the song quite short, though.

KH2 - Similar to the version in KH1, except with a weaker synth. Nothing new here, really, which is a pity. I wish KH2's OWA had at least been based on AC's OWA.

FFVII AC version - This is great! It's orchestral like the Reunion version, but the Black Mages give this song the strength the Reunion version was lacking. The new interlude part is also excellent. A problem I have is that the electric guitar overwhelms all the other instruments too much. You won't notice it in the movie because of other sound effects playing, but I found it a problem when listening to the soundtrack.

FF More Friends version - Pretty much the same as FFVII AC version, except I think it's even better! The song is played live, and I don't really hear any mess-ups during the song. The only problem I have is that the fans are cheering several times during the song. The orchestral parts sound stronger than in the AC version, there's some additional parts for both the Black Mages and the orchestra that weren't in the AC version, and there's also a piano. What can I say, this version is great!
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

My personal favorite arrangements of OWA are the Reunion version and the Piano Collections version. In fact, I loved the Piano Collections rendition so much that I downloaded the sheet music and learned it. I think I probably like it better than the Reunion version in fact.

Now, Advent: One Winged Angel was pretty good, and I loved how they integrated the rock into the Reunion version, but when they added that whole new section into it I really didn't like it. One Winged Angel was a masterpiece already and I think adding a new part in just to satisfy Nomura's need for action was uncalled for.

I mean, honestly, he just wrote down lyrics, had someone translate them into Latin, and then told Nobuo to put them in the song. Not only that, but he rewrote the original lyrics. WTF?! You can't just come up to someone and say, "Hi. I rewrote the lyrics to your song and added new ones in, so if you could arrange the song to fit this, that'd be great." If somebody told me to do that with one of my songs, I wouldn't do it. A different arrangement is one thing, but when you rewrite lyrics and add in like three extra minutes of music, there is a problem.

I liked the original and the AC version!

Ac rocked thanks to the guitar in it and the original rocked because it was so menacing, ominous and evil sounding
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

The original One Winged Angel sounds like it was made with a toddler's toy keyboard, so naturally it is the best.

The original is my fav
    [xander]Signature removed for being over the limits. Please consult the signature restrictions before posting a signature.[/xander]