Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    On a scale of one through ten how would you rate Final Fantasy IX? I think I'll give it a seven it's a fun game but it's pretty short. If you just follow the main storyline and don't complete any sidequests you should be able to beat this game in a few days...Unless you run into some problems.
    Short? Appearently you haven't fought, Ozma...

Actually it sounds like you just rushed through the game, and if that is the case shame on you...

10/10
    It probably doesn't deserve a ten but its my favorite game ever and I've given games 9s so in order for you to tell IX apart it must have a
    10!
    I didn't have a strategy guide when I was playing Final Fantasy IX so I didn't know about the Ozma boss battle.
    Neither do I ...
    I found him the old fasion way its called exploration.
    If you play just to beat the game your missing half the fun!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Here's what I think about Final Fantasy IX. Note that the following comments are my opinions, many of them aren't facts by any means.

Gameplay: 9/10. Very good, with an old-school style system with four characters and fixed classes. The mini-games are a lot of fun, and there aren't really many boring parts in the game.

Storyline: 10/10. I really like the storyline. It's deep and has its share of twists and tragic events. I like the fantasy setting a lot, the world of FFIX is a fascinating one. The characters are some of my favorite characters in the series. Most of the party members are likable, and we also have several good villain characters. I also like it how the main character isn't whiny or annoying this time. The love story in this game isn't too cheesy, and it's done in a more subtle way rather than just having the characters hugging and kissing and holding hands all the time. The ending is my favorite in the series.

Graphics: 10/10. I could rate them lower because the game sometimes looks a bit weird on the PSX... however, I played this game with ePSXe with 3D support, so it looked fantastic to me, especially with a 1024*768 resolution. The cartoony graphical style didn't bother me, the visuals were still great. The FMV sequences were awesome and very impressive.

Sound: 10/10. The sound effects are typical for an SE game, i.e. pretty good. The music, however, is what really shines. This is my favorite FF soundtrack. There's some tributes to older FFs, and there's a lot of different musical styles used in the game, and the FMVs are accompanied by a fully orchestral score. There's 152 songs in the game, and I think there's only one song that I don't like. The music also works very well with the game.

Replay value: 9/10. There's quite a lot of side-quests, such as playing Chocobo Hot & Cold, defeating Ozma, the secret ending and getting Excalibur 2. The first time through the game was the most enjoyable to me, though.

Overall: 9.6/10. I think Final Fantasy IX is a great game and well worth the time spent on it. ^^ It's been a while since I've played the game, but the enjoyable story is still quite fresh on my mind.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    At least a 10/10, is this a question? Never has a FF reflected so good what FF was about in the beginning, as FF IX.
    yes!
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

I would give it a straight up ten. The story was great, gameplay wasn't bad, lots of sidequests that can benefit you, it was all perfect in my opinion.

I guess an 8.
    Let's kick Emerald Weapon's arse with Vincent's Death Penalty in one shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfeCC6_ac

Articles
    Blog Entries

the story was really good and it has a classic feel that you just won't find in VII and VIII. I think it's biggest downfall is that the battles were a little slow, they were alot faster in VI and VII. FMVs were just as good as VIII if not better.

I also liked the ability system alot too. While you can't have characters crossing class lines and combining different jobs, there's alot of customization within each character's class. I thought it was alot better than the junction system and would probably rate it as one of my favorites.

The Music was really great too.

The first time I beat it I thought it might've been the best PSX FF. after a few years I'm not so sure i'm about to play it again soon I just need to beat FF1 & 2 first because I want to get all the references this time, even though III doesn't come to America for a while.

edit: oh yeah, I give it a 9.

10/10.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

10/10 because it was so real for me. It wasn't so over cliche in everything. I mean c'mon what other villain could wear a thong while he was in super mode.(aka trance mode)
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I don't think there's ever been a game that I would consider a 10/10, but Final Fantasy IX comes closer than any other game I've ever played (excepting maybe Ocarina of Time). It's my favorite game, hands down.

Refer to Sephiroth1999AD's for my feelings on the game. =3

9/10 i loved the story,battle system,theme, and sidequests but like many people i dont give hardly any games a full 100% because there is always room for improvements

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?