Thread: Sudoku - Addicted yet?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default Sudoku - Addicted yet?

A man near retirement in my office exposed Sudoku to the masses. He encountered it in the newspaper last week, and upon hearing about the hurricane that was about to strike our country (it hit yesterday) he bought a whole book of puzzles. It kept him occupied while the electricity was out, and he's obsessed with it now. He was trying to explain it to everyone, accompanied by another lady who has been doing it for a while. They were doing a terrible job at it, so I went to www.websudoku.com and printed out one of the grids.

Silly me.

Everyone in the office has come, asking 'Can you print one of those Japanese puzzle things for me?' Even people from neighbouring departments have come. They know I'm the 'Japan Man' (I'm going next week!) so they expect me to come up with this stuff.

Personally, I haven't played it much. I tried it in Brain Age and recognized the potential addictiveness before I shut myself away from it. Now, *everyone* around me is doing different puzzles (that I printed), and after explaining how to play it to 20 different people I'm tempted to do one myself. Besides the fact that I'm supposed to be working... I must resist!

Anyhow, Sudoku is a great game to keep your mind active that doesn't require any electricity. It can be frustrating at times, especially when you only have a few squares left before you realize you misplaced one number and have to do the entire thing over again. Good times.

never will ever

Blog Entries

yeah it's a good game but it does not attract me...

Default ...

I think it's good to pass the time on the way to work, on an airplane, whatever.

Unfortunately a lot of people are intimidated by numbers, and despite the fact that Sudoku is entirely a logic puzzle and requires no math at all it turns them off.

When one gets proficient at the normal Sudoku grid there are tons and tons of interesting Sudoku variations.

sudoku, did you say sudoku, where is it, give it to me, why are you hiding it from me. GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm addicted. But I only work on them during my free time, not when I'm supposed to be working.

sudoku? not for me.

most of my friends and coworkers are really into it, as are my parents... i've tried it but it just doesnt appeal to me.
    Life is never constant, but love should never be uncertain.

:mog:

Which FF Character Are You?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Kakuro > Sudoku.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I play it on my copy of Brain Age a bit, but I never really got addicted to it.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I've done a fair amount of them and they are pretty time demanding. The satisfaction of completing one is heavily outweighed by the disastisfaction of the amount of time you put forward in order to finish it
    ...Geddit?

In the morning paper The Metro, they have a new Sudoku puzzle every day, I didnt get obsessed with it like others, but its pretty fun...

I play sudoku most days (I'm trying to do one now), but I can only do difficult not fiendish ones. I sometimes fight over the sudoku with my mum because we both want to do it.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Sudoku has become a big thing here in Denmark during the last couple of years, but I don't find it interesting at all. I don't understand what the buzz is about - I'd much rather do cross-words or something completely different.

I'd rather have Kamaboku rather than Sudoku. But really, I don't like the game too much. I'd rather read or draw something.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Sudoku has been around for about a year here in Norway, and it's marketed as the "big thing in Japan", and there seems to come a new sudoku clone every other month, like wordoku. I hate them all.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?