Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who else loves Japan? (Except me)& Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor_ View Post
    how can i learn japanese?
    without an instructor.
    If you move to Japan you'll learn it pretty fast. You won't have a choice.
    yay

i ll just wait for some years then and go to stay der forever

(i ll wait in order to finish my studies ,if i pass that is heheheh-i'll try tho- i already am)

arigato

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor_ View Post
    yay

i ll just wait for some years then and go to stay der forever

(i ll wait in order to finish my studies ,if i pass that is heheheh-i'll try tho- i already am)

arigato

I can't believe that I would meet someone with the same thoughts as mine.I plan to work there and see if I'm lucky enough to make it into Square-Enix itself!!

I don't know if I love Japan, but I definitely like it as a country quite a lot. I think they have a very interesting and different culture and history, plus the technology there is just amazing.
    I don't know If I'd like to live there, but visiting it would definitely be great.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never been, but I am an obsessive fanboy of all things oriental.

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I leave for Japan on Monday.
    I'm only staying for 2 weeks though, not living there. My primary objective is to get into the Tokyo Game Show, but even if I can't get in I'll mostly be absorbing the culture. I probably won't make it into the 'country' area of Japan, since my Japanese isn't so hot yet. Apparently a lot of people speak English in Tokyo.

One of the things that fascinates me about Japan is the pride of their incredibly contrasted culture. They have an amazing balance between nearly futuristic technology, ancient tradition and natural beauty, and they display it at every opportunity. One of the classic images I've seen is a picture of the Shinkansen Bullet Train with Mt. Fuji in the background, with a Sakura Tree and a girl in a Kimono in the foreground thrown in. Here's one, minus the kimono girl.

Aside from that, I'm going to see if I can visit some of the animation and game museums. I know Ghibli has one, and I've seen a couple of others from different animation studios. Nintendo is a little out of the way for this trip, but depending how my schedule fills out I might take the trip to Kyoto.

Depending how my experience goes, I may consider living there for a while. I'm not particularly attached to my current home, and my parents would probably appreciate me moving out (though they would lose some income). At the very least, I'll visit there once every few years.

Blog Entries

Those dogs invaded my parents homeland via Manchuria.

They also created Tekken.

All good.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My friend went to a wedding in Japan, and Oh-em-gee, I looked at the holiday photos in AWE. They don't do anything by half do Japanese xD

Alot of people want to live in Japan. Not I, might visit, but live? no.

Do you really need to ask that question of me? I mean come on. Im taking a Japanese course at my uni, and if I manage to pass all three years ill get a piece of paper saying that I know enough that I can work there, so yay me, also, I can watch anime raw .

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I love Japanese people because they don't stereotype themselves the way the rest of the world does.
    Are you saying the rest of the world stereotypes themselves or the rest of the world stereotypes them? Either way, I disagree.
    A large portion of the rest of the world stereotypes them. I don't know if they earned that stereotype as I've never been to Japan, but I've known Japanese people (well, at least one that I can think of, anyway) who complained about how everyone thinks that all Japanese people are into anime and weird shows and sushi and the like. Japanese people are just that - people.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Japan is a pretty goddamn interesting place, imho

I leave for Japan on Monday.
    Take me with you

I can't believe that I would meet someone with the same thoughts as mine.I plan to work there and see if I'm lucky enough to make it into Square-Enix itself!!
    Add me to the msn friend!
    (i'll pm you my addy)

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Ah, the occasional "I'm totally moving to Japan some day" thread.
    xD

How many of these actually mature into "I moved to Japan" threads.

Good luck and I wish you the best.
    Figaro Castle

I think Japan is a cool place to visit and stuff but wouldn't want to live there.
    My sister does animation and at the start of the course they said that anyone wanting to do anime style animation and that wanted to move to Japan to do it should pack their bags and go home. Apparently Japanese people really don't like Europian and American people working on animation there.

Trust No one

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Loving Anime/Loving Video Games != Loving Japan :rolleyes2
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no View Post
    I think Japan is a cool place to visit and stuff but wouldn't want to live there.
    My sister does animation and at the start of the course they said that anyone wanting to do anime style animation and that wanted to move to Japan to do it should pack their bags and go home. Apparently Japanese people really don't like Europian and American people working on animation there.
    O.O

Wow rly?
    My love wants to do animation there