Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who else loves Japan? (Except me)& Why?

Who else loves Japan? (Except me)& Why?

I love Japan and I am planning to live there after my studies end.
    If i do any studies.lol

*Ahem *

I love japan because :

Well it started with F.F. I must say.It is the country which made F.F.

Serene people.(VERY important for me,Greece has too many bad tempered people)

Tokyo.

Oh man,Tokyo at night?Hell yeah!

Everything owns in that country.(well,except the over pervert people)

I have never been there (or abroad at all) but I am going to do so.

Manga/Anime

Cute girls with school uniforms hehe

I can get to see F.F. concerts,and I get a chance to meet my man,Nobuo Uematsu.^^

Scenery-Awesome

And more

What do you like about Japan ? (If you like Japan that is)

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I like the sushi that comes from the mall. There is Japanese writing on the packaging. At least, I think it's Japanese.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ah, the occasional "I'm totally moving to Japan some day" thread.

Maybe you should go take a visit first, before you decide moving over there. And may I suggest that you take Japanese classes instead of watching anime? I don't know if that's the case with you, I'm just checking. The culture may be amusing to observe, but it will be no fun if you don't understand the language. Sure, you could survive by speaking English, but you'll always be the tourist guy.

What I like about Japan? That they produce games and send them to my local game shop.

Japanese language learner in my town is a rare thing ''mabey''

Blog Entries

I think that japanese are really friendly, my mom works with japanese people and she always tells me that thye are in good mood and always smiling... I saw a japanese guy from wher she works Mr. Ochikawa (guess this is the way it writes) and also he doesn't look like he is very old (and he is)... I love their culture, the anime and their tenchonolgy are the best ones... ^^
    And I will learn japanese at the end of my university

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They're all perverts and think nothing of stuff like copping a feel on public transport, the market for used schoolgirl panties, and selling hardcore bondage magazines on the high street.

This, in my estimation, is the mark of a nation at peace with itself.

Oh, and old Japanese people (See; Hardu Sensei) are perambulatory fonts of wisdom and enlightenment.

Everyone loves Japan except for all the fish in the sea.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

If you like your schoolgirls, your manga/anime and your digital software then Japan is the ideal place for you. I see no reason why you should hold yourself back in any way in planning to live there.

Japan has impressed me very much especially with it's technology being years ahead of ours but I'm not too keen on the earthquakes, the language (I'd rather learn French) and the unhealthy obsessions (I wouldn't want my daughter being stared at). I'd prefer to live somewhere quieter and only visit wild places like Japan on holidays
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by mobiletype View Post
    .. and the unhealthy obsessions (I wouldn't want my daughter being stared at). I'd prefer to live somewhere quieter and only visit wild places like Japan on holidays
    What do you mean unhealhty obsessions?Explain please.

And Japan has quiet places no?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor_ View Post
    What do you mean unhealhty obsessions?Explain please.
    He means the country doesn't have this huge guilt complex about the fact that reproduction A) Occurs and B) Is enjoyable.

Does that mean i can stare at boobies?LOL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would love to visit Japan, and if I like it up close as I do from afar, I'd love to live there. Don't think my husband would go for it though. As it is, I'm too lazy to learn Japanese anyway.

I started to enjoy Japanese culture when I was in kindergarten. My best friend's parents started housing Japanese exchange students and they'd bring all kinds of fun things over. They taught us origami and I could use chopsticks and fold a paper crane, a person, a ball, and a frog before I turned six. I've since forgotten how to do the ball and the frog though.

My third grade teacher was Japanese. Genetically she was white, but she was born and lived in Japan until I think at least high school. We watched a few anime movies in third grade did Japanese plays (I was the star of "The Crane" alongside Cid's wife--I she was the crane as a girl and I was the crane as... a crane xD), and ate Japanese food a couple of times.

My parents also like Japanese culture, to a small degree, so I've been raised on sushi. I eat sushi like a cow. I have a high-end rice cooker and make rice with zu at least weekly. I have all the tools to make sushi, but good fish is a bit hard to find so I rarely make it.

I started getting into anime in 7th grade along with TheAbominatrix. We were like "omg i <3 sailermooooon." Like ridiculous.

I have a bunch of teach-yourself Japanese books someone gave me, and I've done a bit of 'em, but haven't been motivated to actually learn Japanese, so they're collecting dust.

I read manga almost daily. Don't watch much anime though. And I don't jump around going "OMG I AM LIEK SO KAWAII BUT U R A BAKA LOLOLOL!!"

My favorite things about Japan are the environment (from crazy city to old-school country), the language, the food, the wackiness, manga, and, uh... the culture in general.

And that is my report on Why I Love Japan.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I love Japanese people because they don't stereotype themselves the way the rest of the world does.

Also, their exports such as RPGs, electronic equipment and of course sushi are all wonderful things.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

how can i learn japanese?
    without an instructor.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I love Japanese people because they don't stereotype themselves the way the rest of the world does.
    Are you saying the rest of the world stereotypes themselves or the rest of the world stereotypes them? Either way, I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor_ View Post
    how can i learn japanese?
    without an instructor.
    If you move to Japan you'll learn it pretty fast. You won't have a choice.