Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

Moomba

arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    i ain't got no DS... only PS2...
    bummer......
    ain't got no mullah as well to buy....
    waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, this is a bit off the topic but i just wanna ask how to put that SIG thingy? i'm quite new to the forums....

That girl Angi-Kaiser is talking about is defintely Ashe.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...0_4_19603.html

Larsa, Ashe and Basch will thus show up in FF XII: Revenant Wings.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

So far, the world map of RW looks like the coolest World Map we had in a Final Fantasy so far, in my humble little opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    So far, the world map of RW looks like the coolest World Map we had in a Final Fantasy so far, in my humble little opinion.
    I agree. I'm glad SE has come to their senses

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

FFXIV Character

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

And like on every friday, there is a new trailer volume up! This one focussing on Mist Quickenings, which look awesome spritified. I think I'm gonna love Llyud's limits. Angel Wings FTW!

BUT, trailer volume 1 is also updated! It now shows a bit more of the ruins they visit AND full-motion videos. YAY! The quality is below FF III's FMV I would say on first glance, but if they intend to put more than just 1 FMV in this game, that is to be expected! Overal, I love it, and I love how the FMV spans over the 2 screens.

So what do you guys think? Happy there will probably be more than one FMV in this game? Or would you guys rather have no FMVs? I'm happy they are in it (or at least one). The DS has power, do something with it.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

FFXIV Character

Clearer scan showing Larsa, Ashe and Basch.

http://www.jeux-france.com/images1_4_19641.html

new screens and propaganda

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12...s032507-1.html

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12...a032507-1.html

and trailer 7 is up. Plus, the character section has been updated

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

Here is some info I got from the wiki page

Gameplay

[edit] Battle system
    Preliminary reports on the battle system have indicated that the game will have a modified version of Final Fantasy XII's Active Dimension Battle system; however, it can be played entirely with the stylus. When seen, the battle system looks strikingly like an RTS but with more depth in terms of character attacks and functionality. Like in Final Fantasy XII, battles initiate once the party comes in contact with the enemy, and the characters will attack automatically. The player will be given the option to use the stylus to give commands to the characters by tapping on them with the stylus. It will be possible to change their target, set gambits, use various abilities, and more. Area spells can be cast by drawing a rectangle around the enemy with the stylus.[2]

[edit] Summoning
    Espers will return in Revenant Wings and will have a larger role than in Final Fantasy XII; Director Motomu Toriyama has said Revenant Wings will have more summons than any previous Final Fantasy game.[1] Summon abilities are learned via the new License Ring system.[3] The number of summons are suggested by Weekly Jump to be around 50, classified in different categories, with each character able to summon a large number depending on their capacity.[3]

Scattered across the playfield area is the "Summoning Gate", that could be used to summon Espers to aid in battle. The ability to summon the different entities depend on the "Gate Capacity" of the player character. Summons are ranked from I to III, with Rank I and II able to manifest in large numbers, as opposed to Rank III that summons only one entity. Summons are also differentiated by varying elements, such as fire, ice, zero, and recovery. [4]

[edit] License Ring
    The License Ring is revealed to be used to bind a summon beast with the player. Each slot in the License Ring is placed with an Auracite to create a pact with the summon beast.[4]

[edit] Types
    Each character is distinguished according to three types; the unofficial name being Direct Type, Indirect Type and Flight Type. Direct Type characters attack at a close range, while Indirect Types attacks from afar, and Flight Types are able to fly, unbound to terrain. The types oppose each other in the manner where Direct wins over Indirect, Indirect wins over Flight and Flight wins over Direct.[4]

[edit] Synthesizing
    The element of alchemy and synthesizing is used in the game, where the player obtains recipes and materials necessary for the synthesis process. Only the player can obtain the materials, of which high grade material will enhance the equipment to which it is synthesized.[4]

[edit] Setting

The Purvama LemurésA few locations in the Ivalice of Final Fantasy XII return in Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, along with a new setting: Lemurés. Described in the official website as a legendary Purvama (Floating Continent) raised into the skies by the god Falsanos long ago, this land is ruled by a magical stone known as the “Sacred Crystal” which erected a barrier to shield the Purvama from the rest of the world. In time, the “Legend of the Floating Land” became an ambition for Sky Pirates who seek the island and what riches are on it. The ruins of Lemurés are where the Aegyl reside.

The Aegyl are a human-like race with wings sprouting from their backs and a life-span of 40 years. Due to being shielded within Lemurés, the Aegyl have no knowledge of the outside world.

The magicite in Lemurés are found as Auracite and Cloudstones. Auracites are used in the License Ring to summon beasts, while Cloudstones are known to raise the floating sky continents.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Is that Cu Sith supposed to be some Moogle? Gawd, it's ugly...

And WHOA, that Judge of Wings is scary!

Hoo Smirkers! I just saw the trailers and updated site and MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD! Vaan - Penelo (she's a dancer now awesome!) and some new faces and of course theirs baltheir..

The same setting the same theme this is great! But what really caught my eye was the fast pase non stop action, man i dont know how else to express my enjoyment - FF lives again.

FFXIV Character

Here is a translation of Trailer 7! Thanks to ffxii.net for translating this!

Penelo: Ra... Larsa... denka!
    Penelo: La... Larsa.. Your majesty!
    Vaan: Konna tokoro ni ite iinokayo?
    Vaan: Is it all right for you to be here?

Title: Trailer Vol. 7 – Ivalice – Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings

Vaan: Kyouryokusuruyo! Omae mo iroiro atte komatterun darou?
    Vaan: Let us help you! You have a lot of dilemma, right?

Kytes: Yappari Basch-shogun wa Dalmasca no Eiyuu nanda.
    Kytes: It’s true. General Basch is the hero of Dalmasca.

Tomaj: Ivalice no ??? ga sekkin chu.
    Tomaj: Ivalice’s airship fleet is closing in

Title: Katsute no Nakama to no saikai.
    Title: The Reunion of Former Comrades

Ashe: … zannen desu ga saikai no yorokobi o katari au jikan wa arimasen.
    Ashe: … Unfortunately, we do not have the time to talk about our pleasurable reunion.

Basch: Dewa ichido chijou de kitekurenaika. Soko ni ‘kyouryokusha’ mo iru
    Basch: Then, would you all return to the land once again? There are helpers there as well.

Larsa: Minna-san ga korareru to kiitara itemotattemo irarenakute.
    Larsa: When I heard that everyone was coming, I couldn’t stand to wait.

Title: Sokoku no kiki ni sairin suru Jouou
    Title: The Queen who once again faces a Country Crisis

Ashe: Sorenara Imasugu ni ??? de aru Tsubasa no Judge o oubekidawa.
    Ashe: If that’s the case, we need to pursue Judge of Wings at once.

Ashe: Anata wa kawaranai no ne. Ima no watashi wa … dou mieru?
    Ashe: You didn’t change. What do you think about… the present me?

Ashe: Aredake no chikara o motsu ishi ga hiromattara. Izure mata ookina senran ga okoru gamoshirenai
    Ashe: If the stone of such power is spread around. It would cause another massive war to occur.

Title: Hitobito o mamoru shinnen no kishi
    Title: The knight who believes in protecting the people

Basch: Ima wa teikoku no ningen da. Dalmascca o mamoru tsugi no eiyuu was kiminanodazo.
    Basch: I’m an Archadian now. The next hero to protect Dalmasca… is you.

Basch: Judge no nao tsuku koto de teikoku ni fushinkan o dakumono mo fue teitena.
    Basch: Using the name of the judge, it would increase the number of people who distrust the Empire.

Basch: Hitobito no negai sono omoi soe heika gojishin no negai wa subete ni hitotsu desho.
    Basch: Thinking of the wish of people, then your majesty’s own wish. It is all is same, right?

Title: Heiwa ni tsukusu shonen outei
    Title: Young Emperor who Serve Peace.

Larsa: Sore ni konkai no ikken wa omotta ijyou no ookina mondai ni narouto eimasuka. Minna-san Tsubasa no Judge to youbareru jinbutsu wa gozonji desuka?
    Larsa: The problem which occurred this time is much larger than which we expected. Does everyone know about the persona known as the Judge of Wings?

Larsa: Nandaka Kytes-san ya Filo-san ni wa sakerareteiru kiga surundesu. Yappari (literally: As expected) Teikoku wa mada osorerareteiruno desho?
    Larsa: For some reason, I feel that Kytes and Filo are avoiding me. They still fear the Empire?

Larsa: Jidai ga kawatte mo hito no kokoro wa kawarazu nokorimasu.
    Larsa: Although the era has changed, the heart of human will not change.

Title: Butai wa futatabi Ivalice e
    Title: The Stage Returns to Ivalice

Ashe: Chi o nagasu koto wa tsugunai de was arimasen! Anatagata ga kono kuni o midasouto iunonara… watashi wa mamoru!
    Ashe: I would not let blood be shed! If you’re going to mess up this country… I will protect it.

Basch: Tashika ni watashi wa itsuwari no Judge da. Dakarakoso nashieta koto ga aru! Ikite iru mono no mirai o tsukuri ageru koto da!
    Basch: It is true that I’m a fake judge… hence; there is something which I must accomplish. I will create a future for those who are alive.
    Sounds good. No longer a cartoonish, nerfed down game with a simple story for RPG n00bs, huh?

EDIT: Reddas' crew and Odin are back to kick some behind!
    http://up.uppple.com/src/up2844.jpg
    Last edited by Elpizo; 03-31-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    EDIT: Reddas' crew and Odin are back to kick some behind!
    http://up.uppple.com/src/up2844.jpg
    I hope they're playable this time

Vaan - "Hey, you!"