Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Oh my god...I am so getting this game because of Gilzzzz....He's like the best rival in the whole of gaming!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I'm gonna get this and nab someone else's DS. Only because I need to put this story to rest.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Revenant Wings reviewed!

One of the most highly anticipated DS games has seen its first reviews appear in the Japanese press. The quarterly Dengeki DS & Wii Style will go down in history (quick -- update the appropriate Wikipedia pages!) as having provided the first reviews of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XII sequel, Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings.

Three editors from the six strong review staff shared scores and opinions on the game. Misawa, a super hardcore gamer who likes western games, gave the game an 85 out of 100. Wakasama, a super hardcore gamer who loves locking himself up with RPGs and simulation games and buys games on release day even if he doesn't have time to play them, awarded the title 90 out of 100. Finally Tarou Hayashi, a game fan who'll try out any genre but has recently found himself playing action and puzzle games, gave the title a 90 out of 100 and flagged it with a "recommended" mark.

The comments from the three reviewers suggests that Square Enix delivered a product that will be friendly for all.

Misawa praised the good flow of the mission-based storyline and the ability for battles to be both simple and more involved.

Wakasama noted that from a gameplay system perspective, the game is markedly different from previous FF games, but it still feels like an FF game. He was impressed by the large number of characters who enter the battle, which, he said, offers the player a feeling of being close to the action, so much so that he found it hard to believe he was playing a portable game machine. He also mentioned that while deep, the difficulty is such that the game can be played by people who don't normally play RPGs.

Finally, good old Tarou. This reviewer praised the game's balance, which he said is perfect for a portable game. The only bad points he noted involved difficulties in selecting areas of the battle field with the stylus. He suggested using buttons during battle.
    85/100
    90/100
    90/100

Nice. ^^

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

I'm not happy with this influx of bloody old summons. It ruins my whole perspective of XII. It was better the 13 Espers being the only ones to summon in XII. They better include them in RW again or I will not be happy.

Any news on Zargabaath? Seeing as he lived, they may as well include him. Makes sense.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    I'm not happy with this influx of bloody old summons. It ruins my whole perspective of XII. It was better the 13 Espers being the only ones to summon in XII. They better include them in RW again or I will not be happy.

Any news on Zargabaath? Seeing as he lived, they may as well include him. Makes sense.
    All FF XII Espers are there. There have been scans of Belias in RW since the beginning, and SE confirmed the appearance of the other Espers. Note that Espers aren't summons in the XII universe.

o.O But they are summons..I don't get it. What's the difference? We fight them, they do work for us.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.

FFXIV Character

o.O But they are summons..I don't get it. What's the difference? We fight them, they do work for us.
    I don't fully understand it myself. It's something about Espers not always having been summonable things, while the Summons (yeah, Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut and the others are no Espers) have always been summonable creatures, from a different world.

Also, here is the famitsu score of FF XII: Revenant Wings
    DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 9,8,7,8 (32/40)

They said that the Touch Screen is not helpful to control it. It's better to use the buttons.

Well, if you consider the fact they're trying to tie all the Ivalice games together and look at the decision in the light of the events in Tactics, it does make a kind of sense. Nearly all of XII's Espers have an analogue in the Zodiac stone bosses in Tactics, while actual Summoners call on entirely different monsters. Besides, Espers in XII are purely about lightening pressure on your party to give you some room to recover and weakening mobs, they aren't as good for actual "work" against meaningful enemies or bosses.

I am really looking forward to this game. One of the reasons I bought my DS, really. Along with pokeymans.

FFXIV Character

The RW site has been updated with a new trailer and some new staff-voice stuff.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

I love it. Especially the music and the CGI of Bahamut.

Odin looks awesome. Not too keen on those winged peeps however. Gotta suck only living to 40 :/

Quote Renmiri on FFXII

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Uh..I've been told by a friend of mine that some Japanese people he knows have completed it and said..HUGE SPOILER HERE (SPOILER)Basch and Ashe get married.

It's enough to put me off playing it.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII

FFXIV Character

Uh..I've been told by a friend of mine that some Japanese people he knows have completed it and said..HUGE SPOILER HERE (SPOILER)Basch and Ashe get married.

It's enough to put me off playing it.
    Ah, and why not? It's a beginners RPG. For people new to RPG/videogame stories, such a step would be natural (depending on how they act through the game, and there's a lot of character interaction in the game, I heard). Course it can be cliché, but then again, she can't keep hanging on to ghosts either. Play the game and see how they end up with each other, maybe you'll open up to it. If not, I'm sure there's other good stuff to the story/game.

I'm sad too that Penelo doesn't end up with Larsa, but I'm still going to play it, I'm curious about the story and the Judge of Wings and why Vaan slashed Balthier in the Jump Festa trailer.

And Llyud is cool, what more reason do you need to play RW?

I know nothing about him tbh..only that he is an outcast ;P

I guess I'm being a bit anti Ashe here. I'll get the game sure, but I just want to huff and puff for now.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII