Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

lol, soooo, have you completed it yet, and spoil me with some info on how the game compares to the original, is it more fun?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Has anyone got the game, whats the story?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Saiyan View Post
    Has anyone got the game, whats the story?
    Can't tell, it is in Japanese
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    lol, soooo, have you completed it yet, and spoil me with some info on how the game compares to the original, is it more fun?
    No, it is in Japanese and I have not had much free time to play, so I'm moving very slowly.

XII was more fun to me because aside from the FMVs the DS game has very old graphics and the graphics were one of the things I enjoyed most on XII. It also has limited gambits and I haven't figured it out how to use them yet. Gambits was another thing I loved in XII so I miss it dearly.

Vaan and Penelo look much better though
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

European release confirmed

RPGamer - News Bulletin - FFXII Revenant Wings Touches Europe

Those European blokes that were being that left out of Vaan's next adventure, are now being invited to join the party. Square Enix has just announced that Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings will being coming to PAL territories in early 2008.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is an RTS RPG hybrid sequel to last year's Final Fantasy XII for the PS2 . The story is a continuation of the Vaan's tale after the events in FFXII. New characters, along with fan favorites will be making appearances.

Those in Japan can already head to the stores and pick up this title, while North American gamers will have to wait until November 20th. For more on FFXII: Revenant Wings, check out RPGamer's E3 impressions.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

so which is the better game for you guys? XII or XII:RV??????
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????
    :mog: :mog:

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

XII is better, but in RW you get to learn more about the characters and its a brill game, its also a little more light hearted
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Just a few hours sleep away till release...o and die hard comes out too! can't wait.

Someone post impressions of the English version. :P

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I recently began playing this game. These are my thoughts:

The game is incredibly easy. Seriously, you could float right through the game without any thought whatsoever.

The story is very light-hearted, and has some spots in it that are very, very ludicrous. There are no real interesting plot points as of yet (almost 50% through the entire game), and a few parts feel a little recycled, but overall, it's alright. In terms of the story, the greatest points of intrigue seem to lie in the new race introduced, and where and what the characters of FFXII are/have been doing since the end of the war.

The pacing so far seems alright, though in the beginning it was very sudden and somewhat choppy. The missions are interesting enough, and thankfully, they don't revolve around the classic pit fall of many games "fetch me this item to progress the story"...

The game play is simple, but surprisingly fun. The play screen never feels cluttered, and all information relevant to the present situation is easily seen and/or accessed. The controls feel natural, and I've yet to encounter a time when I fumed at the designers. Menus are well done, neither minimalistic or weighed down with too much information. Truly, the best way of describing the controls and feel of the game is by this:

Simple and intuitive.

The gambit system has been stripped to barely anything. You are allowed only one command per character, and you cannot control the parameters as to when they perform the selected action. Although I have found the menus and whatnot to be incredibly easy to navigate and control (thus allowing me to swiftly tell my character(s) to execute the selected action), I would have liked to have been given a certain level of control over the gambit each character is allowed to perform.

Summoning a large pack of espers (or Yarhi as they are also called in this game) is probably the best perk of this game. There seem to be three distinct types, each with their own set of weaknesses and advantages. Basically, it's rock/paper/scissors with a different names. With the addition of elemental attributes, this furthers the depth of how characters and enemies fight, but it's not usually a primary concern. Additional weaknesses or types may have been needed to make it deeper in these terms, but I'm not sure.

You are granted control of only so many, and only by ones that you have unlocked thus far (by using items called auracite). Think of the sphere grid or license board, and this is basically how one gains control over other espers.

So, my overall thoughts on the game is this:

It's fun, but I wish it were much, much more difficult. But I suppose the free, easy, light-hearted feel of the story and game could only be translated via a lowered difficulty setting.

Yeah My Dad is going to buy me this game for Christmas. (SPOILER)I read on Gamefaqs that there are over 30 summons. Then there is this weird thing that u need a contract for the summons. I can't wait to get this game.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you have to buy espers

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just got the UK version, enjoying it so far, but it is totally cuteeee ;_; I'm only just getting used to this sort of battle system, so we'll see how it goes. But yes I think the graphics are lovely and the music and the general FF charm (which I missed!) but, umm *no help really* xD
    rawr

I finished the game a few weeks ago, and I found it to be really, really fun and entertaining.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

I want to find out what the people who worked on this game are doing now!

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Motomu Toriyama was the director, he's doing writing for FF: Crystal Chronicles: My life as a king and for The 3rd Birthday, plus directing FF XIII. Look at the development staff of The 3rd Birthday(cellphone Parasite Eve game)!
    The 3rd Birthday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Designer(s)
    Yoshinori Kitase (executive producer)
    Hajime Tabata (game director)
    Tetsuya Nomura (creative producer, concept design, character designer)
    Isamu Kamikokuryo (art director)
    Motomu Toriyama (scenario design)
    Yoko Shimomura (composer)

Anyways, Motomu Toriyama is busy with three projects right now so FF XII: RW 2 will not be out soon if they decide to work on it I think. Maybe after FF Tactics A2 comes out in USA that team can work on it though?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008