Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

If its like Tactics, were in for a treat :)

Like FF tactics also not bad, i like ff tactic much, but too bad FF 12 : RV realease on NDS... no money buy...

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s View Post
    Errrrrgh. Can't they just make ONE Final Fantasy anymore?

Each game is becoming it's own mini-franchise. I wouldn't be surprised to see a standalone "Blitzball Ace XTREME!" released soon.
    I'd be over that like Rye on a Frenchman. Blitzball > all real sports.

Anyway, I can't blame Squeenix for making more games for each FF universe, primarily because many fans (Myself included) have been asking (ie rabidly clamoring) for more stuff, such as a remake or sequel to VII.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Another thing I'm happy about is that SE appearantly is interested in Nintendo and it's DS. I mean, DoS, IV A, V A, VI A, III DS and now XII: RW? Keep em coming, I would say.
    Dammit this makes me want to get a DS, but I'm not a fan of portables, what to do, what to do?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Another thing I'm happy about is that SE appearantly is interested in Nintendo and it's DS. I mean, DoS, IV A, V A, VI A, III DS and now XII: RW? Keep em coming, I would say.
    Dammit this makes me want to get a DS, but I'm not a fan of portables, what to do, what to do?
    There's nothing wrong with portables. I can't see why people dislike/loath or even hate it so much... Why? Because people who can't/are not allowed to buy TV-consoles get to play games as well?

Buying a DS Lite was no mistake, is no mistake and never shall be a mistake, if you want my opinion.
    It's one of the most beautiful gaming machine ever created. And no, I'm not a Nintendo fan, I like Sony just as much, if you were wondering about that.

Actually, I'm in the same boat as RiseToFall. I don't own a DS either because I sit on my ass and never go anywhere, but I could just sit on my ass and play it too... But many portable games are made with literally being portable in mind and nothing else and those don't really interest me... Hmm, but if all this Square love turns out well who knows I may buy one after all.

And I agree with Milf, many fans like sequels and remakes and such, and I do as well . I guess I don't really look at it as "MilKinNG ZOMg" so much as "Expanding a universe I love." (or hopefully will love in this case). Some turn out well...some don't... I'd rather take the good with the bad concerning sequels and spin-offs.

Besides, the Final Fantasy series is already up to XIII, that's the very essence of 'milking' in the first place. If they didn't milk we wouldn't even have XII to begin with
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 09-19-2006 at 06:45 PM.

New details about Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2885

The latest issue of Famitsu holds some new details about one of the new DS RPGs from Square-Enix, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings.

The game mainly focuses on Vaan and Penelo, who are 18 and 17, respectively. The battle system for the game will be controlled by the DS's stlyus, as the game is a strategy game or sorts. There's no real timeline for the game, the story just mainly focuses on the fact that Vaan and Penelo being air pirates. The game will end up exploring the parts of the relationship between the two characters that the original Final Fantasy XII game could not, and Penelo's dancing ability will apparently play a much larger role in this game.

So far, no US or Japanese release date has been announced. Updates will be made when available.
    Last edited by Crossblades; 09-20-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    New details about Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2885

The latest issue of Famitsu holds some new details about one of the new DS RPGs from Square-Enix, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings.

The game mainly focuses on Vaan and Penelo, who are 18 and 17, respectively. The battle system for the game will be controlled by the DS's stlyus, as the game is a strategy game or sorts. There's no real timeline for the game, the story just mainly focuses on the fact that Vaan and Penelo being air pirates. The game will end up exploring the parts of the relationship between the two characters that the original Final Fantasy XII game could not, and Penelo's dancing ability will apparently play a much larger role in this game.

So far, no US or Japanese release date has been announced. Updates will be made when available.
    So then it's not a sequel or a prequel just a side game of FF XII?

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post

So then it's not a sequel or a prequel just a side game of FF XII?
    Possibly, it could be an alternate universe type of thing. Anyways, here is some propaganda and people who will be on board to making this game

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2006/092106a.html

Square Enix's latest Final Fantasy spin-off for the Nintendo DS, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, is going to be a side-story to Final Fantasy XII. Vaan and his girlfriend Penelo are the featured characters in Revenant Wings, and the game will focus on their relationship, Penelo's dancing skills, and their life as air pirates.

Combat in Revenant Wings will utilize the touch screen, but no further details have been given. In the meantime, here's who is on board for FFXII: Revenant Wings:

Director and Scenario: Motomu Toriyama (Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XIII)

Executive Producer: Akitoshi Kawazu (Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles)

Producer: Yasuhito Watanabe (Drakengard)

Co-Producer: Eisuke Yokoyama (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Character Design: Ryuma Itou (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)

Movie Director: Eiji Fujii (Final Fantasy XIII)

Art Supervisor: Isamu Kamikokuryou (Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIII)

Art Director: To[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]aka Matsuda (Final Fantasy X-2)

Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tactics), Kenichirou Fukui (Einhander, Front Mission 5)
    Last edited by Crossblades; 09-21-2006 at 10:03 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

Penelo pulled a Yuna and got sexy!=P

FFXIV Character

I am now officialy excited for this game. ^^
    Judging from the news I read, this isn't just a 'sequel', if you can call it that, but a completely new title, with it's own independant story. That's great, no? Of course with connectiosn to the official XII, but you get what I mean. And are those FMV scenes? 0_o Looks like this game will feature more than just one! (Like FF III DS).
    Another thing to look forward too. Good thing we'll get so many Final Fantasy titles next year, otherwise, waiting would be unbearable... Now I can just finish all those Advance titles + FF III DS while waiting for this one.

The official website has been opened

Earlier today, Square-Enix launched the official web site for their new DS RPG, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings.

While the site is in Japanese, anyone can visit it and see the trailer for the game and download media such as a wallpaper. There are other things like character descriptions, but only those who understand Japanese can understand the descriptions.

To visit the web site, go here

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw/

So far, no Japanese or US release date for Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings has been announced. Updates will be made when available.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

FFXIV Character

The trailer looked good. I do hope, however, taht what we saw were actually FMV's that will be in the game and not some pre-made movie stuff to make us excited <_<

I also read somewhere that this technically isn't FF XII-2, but the next FF. Kinda like this: FF XII, FF XII.5, FF XIII. I believe it was ING where I saw it, don't know if that's a valid source. All I know is that I'm pretyy confident that this won't be like X-2 (I haven't played it, but a lot of people say it's bad.) I'm happy that a Nintendo consoles gets a 'part' of the main series, in a way. It's not just a little spin-off title, but a stand-alone game with some conenctiosn to a previous FF. Awesomeness, I would say.

My only fear is that we'll get a lot of DS-bashing now, like: "OMG this should be on PS2!" "DS sucks! This needs to be on PSP!", you know, that stuff.

My only fear is that we'll get a lot of DS-bashing now, like: "OMG this should be on PS2!" "DS sucks! This needs to be on PSP!", you know, that stuff.

They're just jealous

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Yay! I have a DS... FF12 first plzthx *slaps square*

I want my FF12 ;_;
    jkhkjg