Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

awesome shots This looks to be one of the greatest games for the DS

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Some good screenshots, too. And I wonder who those two kids always shown with Vaan and Penelo are? Probably new characters? (Very vissible in screen10.)
    Those are Kytes and Filo. Although they don't look much like they did in FFXII.

What makes you think there's going to be a playable bangaa?
    Well, I haven't played XII (I can't) so forgive me there, but well, in a couple of shots you'll see this Bangaa with Vaan, and it happes in more screenshots in different locations. There are no battle screenshots, but you never know. I'm just guessing things from limitted sources. You can see him a few times and also when they are staring at that crystal-like thing in a screenshot. The way he stands with Vaan and Co makes me think he's part of the team. Don't shoot me if I turn out to be wrong, though... please?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

In FFXII, that particular bangaa is a ruthless villain who is obsessed with killing one of the heroes. So I'd be very surprised if he were to suddenly make pals with them in Revenant Wings.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    In FFXII, that particular bangaa is a ruthless villain who is obsessed with killing one of the heroes. So I'd be very surprised if he were to suddenly make pals with them in Revenant Wings.
    I heard whatever-ya-call him that is after Balthier (SPOILER)got pwned in a side-quest and stayed away from the party ever since then. And even if it is not him, we still can get a Bangaa, no?

Edit by Kishi: Gettin' kinda spoilery.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

(SPOILER)Bagamnan eventually gets bested, yes, but he by no means reforms his behavior. He is last seen getting thrown off a bridge and towards the waiting jaws of some predatory creatures. Revenant Wings shows that he apparently survived, but he is still, to the very core, a conniving, bloodthirsty bastard.

But yes, we could still get to control a bangaa. Just, by all rights, not that particular one.

FFXIV Character

The Jump Festa trailer of Revenant Wings has been added to the official site!

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff12rw

Just go to trailers and if everything is alright, instead of the old trailer you'll now have the Jump Festa trailer.

It looks neat, there's some nice stuff in it. I like how the Mist Quickenings look in 2D. And there's some Fran and Balthier RW-style artwork in the trailer too. But still no Basch or Ashe. I'm beginning to wonder...

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I have very low expectations for this game. The people behind this game I have just about zero faith in. The only thing that could possibly make this game awesome is if they allow us to explore Rosaria and Archadia(probably spelled both those wrong)...which we didn't get a chance to do in FFXII ;_;

Here is to no hope and a rushed game that will be crap!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I have very low expectations for this game. The people behind this game I have just about zero faith in. The only thing that could possibly make this game awesome is if they allow us to explore Rosaria and Archadia(probably spelled both those wrong)...which we didn't get a chance to do in FFXII ;_;

If SE screws a sequel up again it's game-over for FF-sequel things => Less money and that's the very last thing they want. Have some faith! Maybe then Square will see people actually want this game and they'll make it great. Or they can make it so it sucks, and make the people who said it would suck happy.
    And in RW, we explore an all new continent, that's even better. And the Egul race looks interesting.

Who says they rush it, anyway, huh? *Sigh* Your opinion I guess. But I hope you really will be very very wrong, it isn't nice, but it would make my day. Then people will finally have to take back their words saying sequels automatically suck. Cause I don't really get why X-2 was so bad, after playing it. Even Dirge of Cerberus doesn't look that horrible.

Oh well, anyway. I'm getting this game, even if it is only to know to know why Vaan slashes Balthier in the end of the trailer...

ah the beauty. se loves nintendo atm and im having so much fun with my ds lite. can't wait till this game comes out.
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

It looks smurfing adorable.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post

If SE screws a sequel up again it's game-over for FF-sequel things => Less money and that's the very last thing they want. Have some faith! Maybe then Square will see people actually want this game and they'll make it great. Or they can make it so it sucks, and make the people who said it would suck happy.
    And in RW, we explore an all new continent, that's even better. And the Egul race looks interesting.

Who says they rush it, anyway, huh? *Sigh* Your opinion I guess. But I hope you really will be very very wrong, it isn't nice, but it would make my day. Then people will finally have to take back their words saying sequels automatically suck. Cause I don't really get why X-2 was so bad, after playing it. Even Dirge of Cerberus doesn't look that horrible.

Oh well, anyway. I'm getting this game, even if it is only to know to know why Vaan slashes Balthier in the end of the trailer...
    Dude. I was called FFXII being the best FF ever 4.5 years ago and I was right. I am pretty sure this is going to suck. They took Ivalice out of the creators hands and put it into people who suck and have no clue on what they are doing.

^nuff said! stop dissing this game already, you havn't even played it yet so we cannot come to a verdict. all your doing is stabbing in the dark

this is what the developer said
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN

... said Toriyama. The story will be comprised of episodes, building up to a large storyline which promises to maintain the Final Fantasy style drama.
    thats a promise!
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

i wonder what that was about... can someone translate the trailer for us?

That was suspenseful! I'm with Elpizo, I wanna know what happens between Vaan and Balthier! I'm with atlanteay, any Japanese speakers out there?...

And there are more Espers! I love the Espers!<333

And there's a surfer girl!

FFXIV Character

Well, somebody on Gamespot translated what Vaan and Balthier said:

Vaan: "This is crazy! Would a leading man do something like this!?"
    Balthier: "I've stepped down from that role [leading man]."

I wonder what this is all about???