Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Well, somebody on Gamespot translated what Vaan and Balthier said:

Vaan: "This is crazy! Would a leading man do something like this!?"
    Balthier: "I've stepped down from that role [leading man]."

I wonder what this is all about???
    I bet Balthier destroyed a magic crystal or something.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lufia View Post
    ^nuff said! stop dissing this game already, you havn't even played it yet so we cannot come to a verdict. all your doing is stabbing in the dark

this is what the developer said
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN

... said Toriyama. The story will be comprised of episodes, building up to a large storyline which promises to maintain the Final Fantasy style drama.
    thats a promise!
    A developer saying good stuff about a game they are working on to the press? Who would have thunk it?!? I thought he was going to say 'This game is going to be a major let down. Don't bother with it.'

I will dis the game all I want. It is going to suck just like everyone knew 'The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause' was going to suck the minute they found out about it. You don't need to play and beat a game to know it is going to suck. Hell...it doesn't even need to be out or near finished to know it will suck. You can tell a lot by the people surrounding the development and direction of any media project.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

The only one who sucks here is YOU and big time. Blind Bashers (also known as people like you) are even more stupid than trolls of flamers, with the only difference being that trolls and flamers can be funny. You fail at that. Sure you can bash the game all you want. Here's the thing: with what reasons? "Oh, I think the people behind this suck they have no idea how to make a good game so they suck" You know what I think? That you haven't been paying attention. You probably ignored all scans, screenshots, game-info, the new trailer and all the other stuff. Yes, you can lie all you want saying you did, but anybody who watched all those at least would have seen that there's effort put into this game. You suck, period. And when this game will be great and I'll be enjoying it, the thought of your face will make my day for a very long time. It's because of people like you the gamersworld is a bad place. You just are dissing and dissing this game because you don't like the team behind it. Get over it, there's no need to immediatly deem a game bad for that, even if you think so. The developers have every rigth in this world to promise their game will be good. They know how to make games right, even if they are not your taste. You know nothing about such stuff. And if you say you can, well then, show me you can do better! But if you ever will make games, they will suck. Why? because I don't like you, you suck. So your games suck too. That's how you think, and that, is wrong. See it like this: I don't like the PSP, but because the PSP isn't good in my eyes doesn't mean there are no good games on it. It's the same here: Just because you don't like the team behind the game doesn't mean the game can't be good.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Elpizo, I think you have been at EoFF long enough to know that your above post is totally unacceptable. Do not flame other members of this site. Flame the game, etc., but do not ever flame a member.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

ACK! Use paragraphs so your rant can at least be easier to read.

1) I don't have to be able to make a good game. If I have to know how to make a good game in order to call any game bad then no one should ever give a game a rating below 10 because they can't do better. This is a classic really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. arguement.

2) Not liking any games on a system is so no games are good on it is not the same as disliking a group of people who have yet to churn out a good game. The system has nothing to do with any development team or the game they make.

3) I have been paying attention. The trailers and info about FFX sounded good also but that game turned out to be pretty bad also. But I guess I am just lying because if I had been paying attention there must have been no way I could have come to this conclusion...right? WRONG! Some stuff looks good but I have not seen any gameplay impressions yet.

I also never said the game can't surprise the hell out of me and can't be good. I am saying it will suck though. There is always that 0.0001% chance that I might actually be wrong

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    Elpizo, I think you have been at EoFF long enough to know that your above post is totally unacceptable. Do not flame other members of this site. Flame the game, etc., but do not ever flame a member.
    So it's okay to flame a game and all the rest but no member... So (example) if people (not saying I am, mind you) are hurt by somebody flaming their favorite game, that's alright (they probably won't tell, that's why people don't know), but flaming a member is unacceptable. I want to add something here, but I'll be wise and keep my jaw shut. And, I'm human, I can make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    ACK! Use paragraphs so your rant can at least be easier to read.

1) I don't have to be able to make a good game. If I have to know how to make a good game in order to call any game bad then no one should ever give a game a rating below 10 because they can't do better. This is a classic really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. arguement.

2) Not liking any games on a system is so no games are good on it is not the same as disliking a group of people who have yet to churn out a good game. The system has nothing to do with any development team or the game they make.

3) I have been paying attention. The trailers and info about FFX sounded good also but that game turned out to be pretty bad also. But I guess I am just lying because if I had been paying attention there must have been no way I could have come to this conclusion...right? WRONG! Some stuff looks good but I have not seen any gameplay impressions yet.

I also never said the game can't surprise the hell out of me and can't be good. I am saying it will suck though. There is always that 0.0001% chance that I might actually be wrong
    Look, I'll ask you this: Have you played the game? No. So can you be 99.9999 % sure it will suck? No. Can you say the game will suck after you've played it, yes, you can. People change, even game's creators. Even game's creators can make a game good despite what you think of them. You can't know until you've seen (or better) played the game itself. Being 99,9999% sure about a game before palying it is something that's in my eyes impossible, because the gaming experience itself has the greatest influence in somebody's opinion about a game.

If I had to do such a thing before playing, I would base it on known facts about gameplay, graphics and storyline, which are 3 things much more important than the team behind the game. (In my opinion, when I'm playing a game, I don't care about the team that made it.)

So far, what do we have? Graphics, lessee... Those who like 2D can't deny these gfx look good, if not great, it's a matter of taste.

Gameplay: FF XII's gameplay, the gambits, the mistquickenings are back, converted to 2D, all a mayor plus, as this is a sequel to the great XII itself. If you watched the trailer, which you of course did, you have seen the battles in action, so you know how it will work. Battles will still use the gambits and (because it is DS) also the stylus for selecting enemies. The creators also stated for this game having the most summons of all Final Fantasies and that summons will be used in an original way.

Storyline? So far, dark point to judge. What do we know? Lessee... Vaan, Penelo, Balthier and Fran are back. New playable characters. New continent. Some old XII locatiosn back as well. New Egul race. Vaan + Penelo are skypirates. They visit the new continent. All we know, and oh yes, somebody from XII is back from the death. So far, it has everything it probably needs to have the potential to make up a good story.

Now if you combine all these elements, there's some hope that this will be the succesful sequel fans hope it will be.

So here's the thing you know: In my judgement (mine, mind you), I didn't bother to look at the game's team at all. A team makes the game, true. But doesn't make the gaming experience. And that's the most important thing. Having fun with a game and enjoying it. Who cares what team made it? As long as the game is enjoyable, it's good. And this is something you can only know for sure when you have played the game. And unless you can time-travel, you (me neither) haven't played this. So no I can't be sure it will suck, but neither can you that it will. Not for 99,9999% at least.

Now, to be honest, you're one of the few this-game-will-suck-and-I'm-sure-of-it people I came across (and I came across quite a few) that actually has a reason to say "This game will suck and I'm (almost) sure of it."
    I'm not very much annoyed by you, rather by the reason to bash this game, but well, at least you had one. It's something different, for a change.
    If you're sure from the beginning that a game will suck because of the people behind it, you're probably going to miss out some good games, I'm afraid.

And to please the admin I give you my excuses for saying you suck, I kinda lost my patience there. So there, I'm really sorry, no jokes. But I still strongly disagree.

Now, I hope this post was acceptable. And it's devided in paragraphs, too.
    Last edited by Elpizo; 12-29-2006 at 08:15 AM.

People > Video Games

:twocents:

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

The gameplay looks good. I could recognize some of the enemies from FFXII (Alraunes, Clay Golems, Cactoids), and Belias and Shemhazai.

And Ba'Gamnan is back?

FFXIV Character

I thought those screens, artwork and propaganda had been out for some time already? Ah, must have been on gamespot. It's still nice to see how the game's shaping up.

i couldn't agree more with Elpizo !!! and admin he really shouldn't apologise since edczxcvbnm had no reasonable reason to diss

anyways i found this clip of ff12 revenant wings lying around
    http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/final-fantas...deo-29740.html

finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

If I have no reasonable reason to diss then no one has no reasonable reason to say anything good about it either. You have not played it therefore you appearantly can't come to any conclusions about how good or bad the game is.

then lets leave it at that

Hellz no I will not leave it at that. This game WILL suck because of the reason I state just like all movies directed by Uwe Boll suck because he is involved with it.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post

the same person who worked on ffx is working on this game aswell.

hreh! ffx was great game, go read the reviews of all reputable game reviewers and players.
    http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/final....html?mode=web

how many people did u predict that will hate this game? according to 20,797 votes from average gamers, 2 percent voted the game as mediocre and below. i say your pretty accurate on your predictions *cough 'puke' cough*.

keep hating man its nice, issues
    Last edited by lufia; 01-03-2007 at 12:59 PM.