Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Relm Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wing(s)

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard of it. Hm, I guess it could be interesting...

Hmm... all it says is it's about "air pirates". I wonder if this will be a full-fledged attempt or a half-assed piece of crap. If it's only starring those two, perhaps it will be an action-RPG in the likeness of the Seiken Densetsu series That would be in the full-fledged attempt book for me.

Maybe I'll get to fly around in an airship collecting spheres license boards while singing pop songs in my free time. J-Pop right into the DS mic! Oh, Square would never do something like that though

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

At least it's not another FFVII spinoff.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I'm quite pleased with the fact that NDS owners get another FF on their handheld. FF III already looks so good, if FF XII: RW can live up to III, I'll be very happy.

Of course, this raises some questions. How will the game be? 3D? 3D with more FMV's than FF III? 2D? 2D-tactics like?
    How will the battle system be (If there even is one, lol)? Like XII's? ATB? Turn Based? tactics? Action based? Somethign else?
    How will the story be? Just a little spin-off with a very poor story? Boring story? Or will they actually try to make this a game that is a worth sequel/prequel, worthy of that FF XII in it's title?
    It's a dangerous subject. SE can completely screw this up, or actually make a very good game. I'm really hoping for the second option. Common SE, you can do it, can't you?

Anotehr thign I'm happy about is that SE appearantly is interested in Nintendo and it's DS. I mean, DoS, IV A, V A, VI A, III DS and now XII: RW? Keep em coming, I would say.

Another source says this game will be similar to FF Tactics

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2862

Earlier AllRPG broke the news that Square-Enix was preparing an RTS/RPG hybrid Mana game for the Nintendo DS titled Heroes of Mana.

It was revealed in the latest Famitsu that Square-Enix is also preparing Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, which will be a tactical role playing game similar to the earlier Final Fantasy Tactics series that we all know and love.

Details are scarce at the moment, and AllRPG will update as soon as we have confirmed some of the rumors!
    Last edited by Crossblades; 09-20-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post

Earlier All RPG broke the news that Square-Enix was preparing an RTS/RPG hybrid Mana game for the Nintendo DS titled Heroes of Mana.

It was revealed in the latest Famitsu that Square-Enix is also preparing Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, which will be a tactical role playing game similar to the earlier Final Fantasy Tactics series that we all know and love.

Details are scarce at the moment, and AllRPG will update as soon as we have confirmed some of the rumors!
    Well, actually, if FF XII: RW is a tactics game, I'm a bit disappointed. It's FF XII, FF XII has ADB, given, that's probably difficult on the DS. Why not make a FF XII a la FF III, good old random battles, world map.

If they make another Tactics game, which I hope they do, I wish it was just a seperate title, not a sequel/prequel to a part of the main series.

Oh what am I talking about?! The game is only confirmed to be in the making, it'll be ages before the first screens arive or to get new info. Tactics, 3D or 2D, I'm getting it, simple as that.

Hmm, do you think a more 3D tactics would be nice? Like, the 3D field is on the top of the DS, showing the actions of the characters, the touchscreen has a top-down view of the battlefield on which you choose where each character goes, what actions it will take, yada yada... I think that would be pretty cool...

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

i would like to See Final Fantasy Tactics: DS: The Lion War myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post

Earlier All RPG broke the news that Square-Enix was preparing an RTS/RPG hybrid Mana game for the Nintendo DS titled Heroes of Mana.

Well, actually, if FF XII: RW is a tactics game, I'm a bit disappointed. It's FF XII, FF XII has ADB, given, that's probably difficult on the DS. Why not make a FF XII a la FF III, good old random battles, world map.

If they make another Tactics game, which I hope they do, I wish it was just a seperate title, not a sequel/prequel to a part of the main series.

Oh what am I talking about?! The game is only confirmed to be in the making, it'll be ages before the first screens arive or to get new info. Tactics, 3D or 2D, I'm getting it, simple as that.

Hmm, do you think a more 3D tactics would be nice? Like, the 3D field is on the top of the DS, showing the actions of the characters, the touchscreen has a top-down view of the battlefield on which you choose where each character goes, what actions it will take, yada yada... I think that would be pretty cool...
    i agree

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    i would like to See Final Fantasy Tactics: DS: The Lion War myself.
    A man after my own heart.

Revenant Wings sounds interesting enough. If it's like FFT, I'll be pretty happy.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Yet another FF game... I remember it used to take years to see one game, now you see 3 every year, if not more.

thats because they have more money and makers now ^^yay

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Yet another FF game... I remember it used to take years to see one game, now you see 3 every year, if not more.
    Yet they can't be bothered to make Chrono 3. Oh well. I'll be happy with a new Tactics style game.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Errrrrgh. Can't they just make ONE Final Fantasy anymore?

Each game is becoming it's own mini-franchise. I wouldn't be surprised to see a standalone "Blitzball Ace XTREME!" released soon.

If this is an SRPG I'm all over it... unless it has laws, laws suck.