Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1984

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Brave New World is better, scarier, and much more plausable.

The original dyspotian totalitarian state fiction, We, is well worth reading as well.
    Brave New World is absolutely one of my favorite books. Cat's Cradle is very good, too, but I think 1984 is better as a dystopia. The conversation between John and Mustapha Mond is, I think, one of the best I've ever read.
    That's true, the people IN Brave New World aren't actually that unhappy much of the time. So 1984 is probably better for outright suffering, yes.

And that conversation is <333

Edit: And I like Cat's Cradle as well, but is it really dystopian fiction? Seems more post-apocalyptic/drug trip to me.

i think brave new world is made much more believable because the people are forced into happiness with their soma usage.

Well I can see that it wasnt dead on, but I really mean that 1984's themes apply fairly well with what we see on the news. Of course you are all right in the fact that there is no "Big Brother" or thought police, however the privacy issues tie in well with the prevention of Terrorism. I could be totally off, but thats jsut this one's opinion.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.