Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: why is vivi more popular than zidane??

Default why is vivi more popular than zidane??

is it just because of the simple fact that he's a black mage?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not only is he a Black Mage (as much as a mascot of the series as a Moogle or Chocobo), but he truly symolizes the main theme of the story, that is, life, and it's memories thereof.

Seems people love to root for the underdog I guess. Plus he was a child character that wasn't smurfing annoying for once.

Maybe bcoz he's small and cute?I dunno...I prefers Zidane...

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

other than the fact that everyone says hes cute and impossible not to like, his personality and his confusion about life and the whole life and death theme that surrounds him makes him interesting. vivi brings up some really good points that you can think about.

zidane has a great backstory and his parts on terra are absolutely brilliant and i think the reason people seem to like vivi more is that they dont really think about the story much. i probably like zidane more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why? Because Vivi is so darn cute. And he waddles. That's enough to win my heart. <3

I just didn't like Zidane that much. I prefer a more tortured and withdrawn hero over the cocky and arrogant ladies' man.

Vivi was a kind-hearted character, but to me he also fit the bill of the character facing the toughest problems - was he even real? Did his actions really count?

I didn't really get too much of a feeling for the characters in FFIX like I have with the others. Something about the silliness of the characters made it hard to feel strongly for them. Not that it wasn't a great game or anything.
    . . . if someone had come and told me . . . that they would leave my life whole, it would have left me cold: several hours or several years of waiting is all the same when you have lost the illusion of being eternal.

-Jean Paul Sartre, "The Wall"

I don´t like Zidane nor Garnet nor Steiner...

Vivi to me represents the true hero of the story plus his farewell speech is very sad

Plus the Black Mage sequence with Vivi is great

Blog Entries

I didn't like Vivi I thought that his eyes were scary and the fact that I couldn't see his face gosh it was horrible but when a friend told me that Zidane was alaways making fun of him and when is all those little Vivi's I though they were so cute... ^^" Anyway it's much better than Quina...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Not only is he a Black Mage (as much as a mascot of the series as a Moogle or Chocobo), but he truly symolizes the main theme of the story, that is, life, and it's memories thereof.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Vivi is a Black Mage, yes, but I don't think that's what makes him so popular. I think it's him being a very tragic character who has a lot of hard times during the game, and you'll feel sorry for him when he's feeling down while thinking about the purpose of life throughout the game.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i guess its tastes in character as well as personality. some people prefer vivis personality to zidanes. not neccasarily because its a better personality, its just because they prefer it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Why? Because Vivi is so darn cute. And he waddles. That's enough to win my heart. <3
    Ditto

I find it very suprising that so many people like Vivi. I, myself, cannot stand him. Zidane and Vivi both are terrible characters, but if I had to choose one or the other I would choose Zidane. Both suck though.

Quina is the best in this game. She simply rules. No way around it.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Vivi seems to be more popular than the game itself. Alot of people dislike FFIX but love Vivi, and others still know who Vivi is without having even played FFIX.