Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laguna and raine and squall

Default laguna and raine and squall

has anyone else found their names pretty cool?

a rain (raine) over a lagoon (laguna) makes a squall

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandman View Post
    has anyone else found their names pretty cool?

a rain (raine) over a lagoon (laguna) makes a squall
    If that doesn't prove their relation to each other outright, I don't know what does!

O wait, everything else said in the game.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah
    funny......yeh....

i know the whole thing about laguna and raine and squall but dont you think that it is kinda indirect....

Blog Entries

My cousin asked me the same thing how do we know that Squall is Laguna's and Raine's son? I don't remember to hear it on the game... just when Laguna or smbdy else says that he looks like his mother

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's pretty obvious that Squall is the product of Raine and Laguna in the game, in the dialogue. I don't know the quotes by heart, but Laguna does reveal this.

It's pretty obvious that Squall is the product of Raine and Laguna in the game, in the dialogue. I don't know the quotes by heart, but Laguna does reveal this.
    squall doesnt seem to know anythin about it.....and all laguna says is we'll tlak when this is over...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Angel View Post
    My cousin asked me the same thing how do we know that Squall is Laguna's and Raine's son? I don't remember to hear it on the game... just when Laguna or smbdy else says that he looks like his mother
    It is hinted several times throught the game. It is never stated that Laguna is Squall's father, but it is hinted pretty heavily.

I don't think the writers intended anything in the plot to be random. It would be silly to try and argue against Laguna being Squall's father.
    . . . if someone had come and told me . . . that they would leave my life whole, it would have left me cold: several hours or several years of waiting is all the same when you have lost the illusion of being eternal.

-Jean Paul Sartre, "The Wall"

i know its obvious the last time i played through the whole game was a few years ago so i was jus tryin to remember if there was anything where it actually said that laguna was squalls father....i know youd have to be like a complete retard not to...i am tryin to piece together my blotchy memory of the game and i think the part with the orphanage where laguna asks where ellone is....why didnt he say like hey squall...come to daddy....heheheheheheheheh....

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetualBurn View Post
    I don't think the writers intended anything in the plot to be random. It would be silly to try and argue against Laguna being Squall's father.

i believe that theory, but im confused, in the munual it savs that Squall's 19 and Laguna's 29, isnt that kinda wierd, i still thint he's his father but could someone explain that for me.

It's a whole bunch of little things, as I recall.

Stuff like the Moombas recognise people by their blood, and the Moombas call Squall by Laguna's name indicating a relation. The name thing, of course. There are a few more, I just can't remember.
    . . . if someone had come and told me . . . that they would leave my life whole, it would have left me cold: several hours or several years of waiting is all the same when you have lost the illusion of being eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem's_No.1_Fan View Post
    i believe that theory, but im confused, in the munual it savs that Squall's 19 and Laguna's 29, isnt that kinda wierd, i still thint he's his father but could someone explain that for me.
    That's the age of Laguna in the dream sequence/flashback bits. Laguna's much older when Squall meets him in Esther.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem's_No.1_Fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetualBurn View Post

That's his age in the flashbacks.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

oh, right, thanks it makes more sense now

i forgot about the moombas and the blood thing...and perpetual burn do you like jason becker...