View Poll Results: What weapon got the best power-up mechanics?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ultima Weapon / HP Shout

6 27.27%
  • Missing Score

0 0%
  • Premium Heart

0 0%
  • Princess Guard

0 0%
  • Limited Moon / Venus Gospel

0 0%
  • Conformer

11 50.00%
  • Death Penalty

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Ultimate Weapon mechanics?

Banned

Default Best Ultimate Weapon mechanics?

You know, the strength of the Ultimate Weapons is dependant on different aspects; each weapon's got its own advantages and drawbacks.
    What weapon do you think got the best mechanics?

Ultima Weapon / HP Shout:
    Totally wonderful with high HP, but will suck once your HP gets low

Missing Score:
    Not that great by itself, but rules to heck with lots of AP equipped

Premium Heart:
    Depending on how much the Limit Bar is filled, this weapon = suckiness or ruleness

Princess Guard:
    If your party members are in danger, this weapon will power up lots; it's only got 7 Slots, but you can actually level up Materia with this weapon

Limited Moon / Venus Gospel:
    High MP will guarantee great, wonderful power; low MP will put Red XIII and Cid to shame

Conformer:
    Powers up according to the monsters' Level: the stronger the monster, the stronger Conformer becomes

Death Penalty:
    You'll need to put a damn lot of effort into this one, since it powers up according to the amounts of enemies killed; but once finished, it'll stay at maximum strength, without being dependant on anything at all
    Last edited by Peter_20; 09-17-2006 at 02:45 PM.

I'd put them in this order, most to least useful.

Conformer
    Death Penalty
    Missing Score
    Premium Heart
    Ultima Weapon/HP Shout
    Limited Moon/Venus Gospel
    Princess Guard

Interesting fact #1: As the Conformer's power is based on the enemy's level, it will deal no damage when used against an ally.
    Interesting fact #2: If you kill 65,535 enemies with Vincent, his Death Penalty can kill everything, with the exception of Ruby and Safer S. (needs testing), in one hit.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I like the Conformer because it powers up against stronger enemies. It's also the only weapon that remains powerful when using the Morph command, making it great when Morphing Master Tonberries for Ribbons.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    I like the Conformer because it powers up against stronger enemies. It's also the only weapon that remains powerful when using the Morph command, making it great when Morphing Master Tonberries for Ribbons.
    Conformer also comes in handy in the very place you found it in; the Gelnika. That morph command can lead to stat-padding over there with the Conformer.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless. View Post
    I'd put them in this order, most to least useful.

Conformer
    Death Penalty
    Missing Score
    Premium Heart
    Ultima Weapon/HP Shout
    Limited Moon/Venus Gospel
    Princess Guard

Interesting fact #1: As the Conformer's power is based on the enemy's level, it will deal no damage when used against an ally.
    Interesting fact #2: If you kill 65,535 enemies with Vincent, his Death Penalty can kill everything, with the exception of Ruby and Safer S. (needs testing), in one hit.

so it can kill Emerald?!!!

then how come it cant beet ruby

i) I don't think it's been attempted yet.
    ii) Ruby has Physical and Magical immunity until her tentacles appear.
    iii) Her Def stat is 300 points higher than Emmy's.

oh i didnt know that

Quote Originally Posted by Endless. View Post
    ii) Ruby has Physical and Magical immunity until her tentacles appear.
    Actually, once the tentacles are dead, Ruby's immunity is permanently null and void.

I know... I said that until they appear, she's immune. Once they have appeared, the immunity is removed. This stops you recreating the situation seen in the Emmy fight.

:O proof rocks my socks!!!!?!?!?!11!?1!/1//1!?!?!?!?

i would put death penalty at the top, for the pure reason that it's effect cannot drop like the others. i think premium heart would be at the bottom, i want to be able to use my limit fool!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Death Penalty, without question. It's not that difficult to get Vincent up to 9999 damage per hit, which is consistent no matter what his HP/MP/Limit/Materia. Plus as Endless showed it can do ridiculous damage due to it's damage calculations. Conformer would come next since it does damage based on an enemy's level, which means that higher level enemies take more damage, which is sensible when you consider that, in most cases, higher levels means more HP.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

how does this death penalty instant kill thing work? how does it do over 9999 damage? could someone explain?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    how does this death penalty instant kill thing work? how does it do over 9999 damage? could someone explain?
    Look at his proof of Emerald death youtube video. The responses for that video show the damage calculations, and how the instant kill work.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.