Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate this game >:|

Blog Entries

Don't wanna pay to play then get Guild Wars.

*yawn* I grow weary if this is all you have to offer.

If more whiney people joined the game I wouldn't want to play.

Paying a monthly fee is just fine.

I also love when people try to make a valid argument and state one reason while leaving the rest to vague phrases like 'all the hassle'.

If you don't feel like its worth "all the hassle" go play ***EDIT~ Kingdom hearts*** again and leave us out of your inability to pay 12 bucks a month for a MMORPG that is clearly not a "failure to the FF series" (which you would know if you tried it). But I am not here to beg you.

Peace Out,
    Fue~
    Last edited by Fuego; 09-14-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Let me say this very clearly and simply.

THE PEOPLE THAT SAY THINGS LIKE YOU ARE NOW GET BANNED FROM EoFF!

I've seen it happen a few times now and I know the others have too, so please I am only going to ask you once, don't try to go onto FFXI forums and bash it whether or not you have tried it. It's not polite and only causes drama and noone wants online drama.

If you don't like the game or even the thought of the game just leave it be and don't spam your hatred for it. We enjoy it and just because you don't doesn't mean you have to ruin it for us.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Look, if you want to bash Final Fantasy XI, go do it in a World of Warcraft forum.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Look, if you want to bash Final Fantasy XI, go do it in a World of Warcraft forum.
    Since his beef seems to be with monthly payments rather than the game itself, I think it's a fair bet to say that he'd take issue with WoW as well.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    Since his beef seems to be with monthly payments rather than the game itself, I think it's a fair bet to say that he'd take issue with WoW as well. :p
    This is true. >_>
    Guild Wars forum then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    Since his beef seems to be with monthly payments rather than the game itself, I think it's a fair bet to say that he'd take issue with WoW as well.
    This is true. >_>
    Guild Wars forum then.
    ROFLMFAO !!!!!! :nibbles:+:shoot:=
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by neokeymaster View Post
    no i dont own the game, this is from wat i know and why i dont consider buying it, i dont even consider it a real final fantasy
    its a game not worth it

oh dear....

well, its probably one of the better FF games, the storylines provide IMO a far more depth than FFVII.

and yeah, dont judge it... until you play for a loooonnnng time.

and its a very large game (with stuffs continually added in) so youd expect it to take up at least a couple of GB.

its a game, its worth it, it has Bards and Red Mages n_n-b

edit: and no... he wont get banned for expressing his "current" oppinion.... we arent on a worship site. just a fan site.

Most new games take up 4-8GB's these days. Most MMO's have monthly fees too.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

As one of the biggest advocators of FFXI on this forum since the days of it's earliest tidbits of info, I feel I should say something....that being said I think most everyone covered everything well....EXCEPT!!!! What the fees go towards. >.>

So that being said what does YOUR 12 dollar monthly fee go into?

It goes into the fine 20+ servers, providing us the entertainment of the game, with lot's less lag then many other MMO's out there (SWG comes to mind, with less people in an area, MORE servers then FFXI will EVER have, and STILL had lag out the a@$ on a planet by yourself with no one for light years) If we didn't pay those fine chaps at SE a nominal fee of 12 bucks, we wouldn't have servers.

But WAIT, there's more!

They have to pay the devs to continue to provide us with content for the game. In fact the content they release every month or 2 is probably enough to fill up a normal offline game, considering how much work they put into it.

PLUS there's the dev team that does the system maintenace on the servers, and fixes errors in the games and tests every aspect of the game.

AND the GM team to work on solving players problems and bug that happen on the fly to someone that needs a fast fix. While also dealing with cheaters and botters.

And on top of all that we pay we also get access to a game which have hundreds of times more content then ANY offline game EVER, and will EVER exist. With more play time availability then any other RPG. Heck, I've been playing this game since day one of NA release, (that's 4 years for you whipper-snappers) and I've racked up about 160 days of play time (Note: The timer in FFXI collects your time from the second you long on till you log off, much like in past FF's, but unlike them, the timer converts hours into days. So for me 160ish days of play time is 3840 hours of playing the game)

So needless to say that simple 12 bucks a month is WELL worth the money. This game has the potential to play through that will over shoot every other FF to ever exsist in play time, by entire months of play time over them.

And besides, you also PAY a fee of probably 20 bucks to get online no less. Yet you complain about a game that is easily 20+ games of content molded into one for about 42ish bucks to start up the game.

Geez, people these days just have no sense of economics and value. >.>
    This space intentionally left blank.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

The monthly fee drives away people who arent serious about the game
    jkhkjg

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X
    (that's 4 years for you whipper-snappers)
    God, it's been that long? What the hell have I been doing with my life? =P

Well from my experience the minimal fee only really chases away people less then the age of 15 who can't get jobs, and have an incom of maybe 30 bucks a year from allowances or just grabbing whatever they find on the street. >.>

I've never really understood the debate on the 12 buck fee, there's more fees out there which are higher and worth less. <.<

Besides if he's a young teenager he'll spend that much a day on McDonalds to feed himself for an hour. >.> I know I sure did. <.<
    This space intentionally left blank.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This is true. 12 dollars a month isn't a lot these days. Most people at my age spend more than that on booze per week.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I spend more than $12 a week on liquor (a bottle and a 2 Ltr. sprite go for almost $20)