Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate this game >:|

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's all about priorities. Do you enjoy getting piss drunk 4 weeks per month, or is 3 times enough, and then being able to play FFXI aswell? I know what my answer is.

Oh, I think he hates it because he can't afford to play it/his mother won't let him, and therefore needs to convince himself that it sucks, and that he doesn't miss out on anything.
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-16-2006 at 04:42 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It's all about priorities. Do you enjoy getting piss drunk 4 weeks per month, or is 3 times enough, and then being able to play FFXI aswell? I know what my answer is.

Oh, I think he hates it because he can't afford to play it/his mother won't let him, and therefore needs to convince himself that it sucks, and that he doesn't miss out on anything.
    ROFLMFAO !!!!!
    That is tooo funny but sooooo taru

Thankfully i am a big boy and can hold a job so i can get piss drunk 4 times a week and afford the 12 buck a month fee ... (if i felt soo inclined) :nibbles: hehe @.@
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

as the people have said....

relating to the money...

and if next you are going to complain that "ur forset to parti" ... ALL of the other FF games out there (except maybe a couple like the really old ones like Adventure or something) have some kinda of party based combat.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Yeah, s'what FFXI is... "LEARNING TO WORK TOGETHOR!!!! *creepy grin*"

k... I scared myself.
    jkhkjg

ok,im gonna tell you something.....ITS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!I used to be skeptical to,until my friend got it. It was cool,and i mow peoples lawns for 20 dollars,i usually do it 2 times a night. i get 40 dollars a night!!!! for canada its 20 dollars,so in a night i can even pay for 2 FF11 accounts!!! hhhhahahaahahahah!!!! but anyways....ya,the monthly fee is no prob
    Too big.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You only have to work 1 hour each month to be able to pay for this game. That's 1 hour out of 720 hours in a month, or 12 hours out of 8640 in a year. Still plenty of stuff to do with the other 8628 hours, like playing FFXI or eating cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Still plenty of stuff to do with the other 8628 hours, like playing FFXI or eating cake.

After eating a bowl of Buffalo Wings

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

You all really don't know how to spend money it only cost me 4.50 for a movie ticket a drink and a bag of popcorn,m I don't play with muy money why pay $7 for the exp[ensive theatre and $4 dollars for a bag of popcorn when you can bring your own drink for 30cents and a 25 cent bag of popcorn and you can go to the $2 or $3 movie theate and for fast food meals I spend no more $3 bucks on myself, just get 2 things off the 99 cent menu and water and you save money.
    $12 a month is too much compared to ho many things I can get with it and I can get a free meal just by picking up free samples. Just ask for a sample at Starbucks and they'll give you a large size for free it's ridiculous when people complain about their price when all they have to do is just ask for a sample.
    $12 way too much for this game when you have to buy the modem and all for your PS2.

Yellow Winged Angel

pharmacists make pretty good money ... at some point there is a line to be drawn between frugal and cheap ... i won't say where that line is, but i make crap as a receptionist and i find $12 (which is definately more than i make in an hour) to be reasonable . (and to let you all know i am a mothu F*^#'n cheap scate !) (i shop at thrift stores and savers) and buy hill country fare at the super market .

But i am too cheap to goto a starbucks and even ask for a sample ... i just don't drink coffee >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You don't have to buy a modem for your PS2, because you can play on a PC. Also, the network adapter for your PS2 is not for FFXI alone. It enables online play for a lot of other games.

12 dollars isn't a lot of money for most people in first world, as you can get a month of FFXI by working 0.5-1 hour. FFXI is even cheaper than WoW, and WoW has like a million more players. 99% of those who are interested in these sorts of games can afford it, the last 1% is of little consequence to the companies.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz' View Post
    You all really don't know how to spend money it only cost me 4.50 for a movie ticket a drink and a bag of popcorn,m I don't play with muy money why pay $7 for the exp[ensive theatre and $4 dollars for a bag of popcorn when you can bring your own drink for 30cents and a 25 cent bag of popcorn and you can go to the $2 or $3 movie theate and for fast food meals I spend no more $3 bucks on myself, just get 2 things off the 99 cent menu and water and you save money.
    $12 a month is too much compared to ho many things I can get with it and I can get a free meal just by picking up free samples. Just ask for a sample at Starbucks and they'll give you a large size for free it's ridiculous when people complain about their price when all they have to do is just ask for a sample.
    $12 way too much for this game when you have to buy the modem and all for your PS2.
    It's called a computer.

Now, just because you use food stamps, buy the cheapest food known to mankind, and go to movie theatres in the ghetto, doesn't mean FFXI isn't worth the price tag of $12.99. Let's not even get into you being a female and just because you eat less than others doesn't mean we don't know "how to spend our money". You honestly think every person who walks into starbucks can get a free sample? They'd go out of business if that were true. You just simply do what others don't do because its cheap and embarassing. You take their work, and you request a sample, which is testing or trying something you have yet to try that they're giving away free for "testers" which, in your case, you've already had it, so you simply just want freebees.

Most jobs give atleast 6.99 or 7.00 per hour, thats 2 hours of work a month minus taxes @14.00 - 2.00 = 12.00, you call that too much and not worth it? What else can you do in 2 hours? See a movie? Point proven. The price should have nothing to do with the game itself, especially when theres already games out there with the same price, if not more, per month and thousands don't mind paying it.

It's called an MMO for a reason as others have stated, you get to interact with the outside world, and to be honest, its no different than paying a monthly fee for internet access, or satelite television, in your examples, you're trying to tell us that we can spend our money in better places when we want our toys to play with, such as internet, satelite TV, cellphone, etc. MMO's are no different, they just require time to sit infront of your computer.

This post isn't meant to be offensive, but in the examples Ashley supplied, they deemed necessary to have my point proven. I apologize to anyone who takes this offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    This post isn't meant to be offensive, but in the examples Ashley supplied, they deemed necessary to have my point proven. I apologize to anyone who takes this offensive.
    /em cheers Khaotic on !

first...i resent all the comments made on me becuase of my previous opinion about the game but ive decided to try it and see for myself whats its like

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No point in reviving old threads, but it's nice that you're going to try out the game.