Thread: ExP counter

Default ExP counter

I know someone mentioned an experiance per hour counter out there some wheres. If possible can I get a link to it?

I think my party is screwing itself over by going to tougher mobs than chaining the lower lvl ones. But anywayz help would be nice.

The Azaril windower (not sure if it works on other windowers) has a plugin called "EXP Watch" that tracks how often you kill a mob and how much exp you get from it and uses that information to work out EXP/hr.

I dunno much about the ecp counters.

But your exp, you need to consider how much downtime you have on the tougher mobs vs the weaker ones, plus how fast you kill each, and how fast you can pull them.

Typically you get less downtime, and kill faster on weaker ones, and if there's enough pops then the weaker ones are the way to go as long as you can produce higher chains then the tougher ones (and well as long as the weaker ones still are like 100+ish exp per kill >.>*
    This space intentionally left blank.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've found that for the lower levels going after hard mobs is better, due to the overcrowding of most of the areas. But if you can get an open area with a lot of pops of VT mobs then you should stay there.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Just google FFXI Windower and you'll find Azril's Windower pretty quickly and you can get EXP Watch with that. I'm personally a big fan of sticking to lower mobs and killing faster and having use EXP Watch for quite some time I find that it only supports my feeling that this is the overall better XP/hr.

I don't know how many times I've been in a PT, looking at the counter getting 4-8k/hr while killing mobs for less than 100 XP a piece with zero downtime... then someone starts complaining about crap XP. We move to a new camp and spend 5 minutes per mob just to get 200 XP with crazy downtime. After spending some time there I'll look down at my counter to find that we're pulling around 2-3k/hr and sometimes less.

Amazingly everyone is all, "ZOMG XP is soooo much better here!!!!"

Keep in mind that in endgame burn PTs you often see numbers like 60-80 XP per mob. These are the types of PTs that can bring in 15-20k/hr. You can't expect that at low levels but the key is fast killing with little downtime. The only time this doesn't work is if it's an overcrowded area and there simply aren't enough mobs.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That is probably because of the attitude that goes along with killing monsters in experience points parties. I'd rather kill something that gives over two hundred experience points than kill many things that give a hundred experience points.

I say that because it has to do with enjoyment. I like seeing the larger number because it requires less fighting to get to and draws a greater reaction from me.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sometimes I don't mind the downtime between battles because it gives me a chance to go to the bathroom or check the forums.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum