Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2006-2007 season

I've been really into the NFL this season. Maybe because my local team, the Seahawks, are actually doing well and got to the Super Bowl last year (and were ROBBED by penalties and bad ref calls). They've been screwed over by injuries though. So my teams I'm rooting for this year are the Broncos and the Cowboys. They've both been my favorites for a while, even though the Cowboys always seem to lose. But they're both winning this week, and if you ask me, the Broncos may go to the Super Bowl, if they can just beat the Colts. (They lost by a field goal when they played them last )

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Denver is good. If they win tonight, that'll put them behind the Colts for best team in the AFC. Since the Colts always choke eventually, I can see Denver going all the way.

Before LaDainian Tomlinson is done, he will be known as the greatest back in the history of football.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Unless he gets injured, but yeah I agree. Simply amazing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Unless he gets injured, but yeah I agree. Simply amazing.
    And I'll be able to lay claim to him because I go to college in his hometown (Baylor, Waco) and he went to college in my hometown (TCU, Fort Worth).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't even want to know what that means.

To say that the Cowboys/Colts game is a Super Bowl preview is an overstatement (even though the two teams played each other in Super Bowl V, during Tom Landry's heyday). There's no telling how consistent the Cowboys will be throughout the rest of the season, but Tony Romo's performance ever since grabbing the starting job should give them a bit of confidence as they go through the last six games of the season, and possibly into the Playoffs. The Colts, on the other hand...same story as before; they'll choke come playoff time, and even if they do make the Super Bowl for the first time since Super Bowl V, they'll probably choke then.

To say the least, I look at this game as a statement game for the Cowboys; it shows everyone in the league that if the "inconsistent" Cowboys are capable of beating the undefeated Colts, they're certainly capable of beating anyone.

Now as for Mike Vanderjagt...there appears to be rumors that Parcells is growing impatient with him, as he missed two field goals today. My opinion is, I think he was so eager to beat his former team that it kinda clouded his focus.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    To say the least, I look at this game as a statement game for the Cowboys; it shows everyone in the league that if the "inconsistent" Cowboys are capable of beating the undefeated Colts, they're certainly capable of beating anyone.
    At home at least. I'm pretty sure the Colts would have stomped on them in the RCA Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    Now as for Mike Vanderjagt...there appears to be rumors that Parcells is growing impatient with him, as he missed two field goals today. My opinion is, I think he was so eager to beat his former team that it kinda clouded his focus.
    Really? I just think he sucks. He was great in Indy, turning 21-10 leads into 30-10 leads. That's not what he's here for, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Vanderjagt really does suck now. He was really good in Indy, but he seems to have lost all of his ability in the move. But Dallas has been good. I'll wait to see their game in two weeks at NYG before I start calling them "consistent," though.

LT is amazing. The best player in football right now, and if he stays healthy I can definitely see him as the best RB ever.

So there goes Denver tonight. They're not out of it by any means, but San Diego now looks like the team to beat in the AFC. Baltimore also has a nice little win streak going.

I know so far, the MVP talks have basically been a Peyton lock, but I honestly could see LT sneaking up and stealing it from him.

Don't get me wrong, both are having monster seasons, but I think sportscasters have to at least start mentioning LT in future talks.

On Denver, they're still 7-3 and still have one game to go against the Chargers. They really have to win this next game at Kansas City however. Also, I don't think Plummer will keep starting next year. As awesome as he was last year, the old super-inconsistent Plummer is starting to show again. Honestly, Denver's lucky their defense is so damn stingy. Unless he leads them to a superbowl, I think he's done. Me and the rest of Colorado are looking forward to the Cutler era.
    What I've been listening to:

I'm still completely shocked and pissed that Denver lost.

I give up on football until the playoffs now.

Now I gotta find something else to do on Sundays.

Time to go back to composing on my synths!

Blog Entries

LT is freaking awsome. But what about Brees throwing up over 500 yards yesterday. yes they lost but still 500 friggen yards!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Drew Brees is nice. He may actually get the start over Palmer for me in fantasy next week. He's already passed 3000 yards passing. =o

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Drew Brees is a mystery. Everyone thought he was terrible a few years ago but all of a sudden he's taking SD to the playoffs and completely turning around the Saints. Talk about a good learner.