Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Noob Sayings

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I was asked to Tank as a Taru-taru. :rolleyes2
    Whats wrong with that if you are a tanking job? >>;

Fuego: Lol i get it now....valkurm rocks.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Every rdm I've ever partied with in the dunes meleed and almost never cured. It got to the point where I just stopped inviting them.

Taru's make good tanks! Especially PLD! All that MP!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

As to the 5-1 thing... yup that guy was an idiot. Last time I did 5-1 we did it BRD/RDM, 2xWHM/NIN and won just fine ^^ Odd setups ftw. I have seen some pretty impressive sleeps against undeads (and bats) from RDMs. Although it's nothing near BRD's ability it can be done but I've only really seen it in endgame scenarios. We've got this one sick RDM in our Dynamis shell with his Enfeebling around 340 or some crazy number. He would always say not to expect his sleeps to land but he would land them about 80% of the time on things that are normally only BRD sleepable. Wish I could sleep Aerns with that kinda accuracy ; ;

As to Taru tanks... I actually prefer Taru PLDs because they can last forever. The only time I don't love taru tanks is when fighting something like Spiders (Sickle Slash) or even Dhalmels (Stomping or whatever). Hell, I'm a taru BRD and I tank gods and HNMs lol.

Recent fun with Bune ^^

As for my own story. I was climbing Promyvion ... again (part of the pre-req for doing Apocolypse Nigh at the end of CoP). Some people joined us and were completely naked. When questioned they asked why they even needed gear... ... ...

Sad part is, one has 3 75s and the other has 5 75s. They are both horrible leeches with awful reputations and I'm not sure why they were even allowed to come.

Not so much a funny noob story as a rant. /shrug

ha ha tonight in Valkurm noobs I was playing as drk sub rdm ( I keep blm lvl 4 for a reason)
    anyway the lvl 14 War wanted me to be back up healer.....

I told him I will throw in a cure here or there but get another whm instead

Why are you subbing RDM? @@ The entire reason people sub RDM or WHM to DRK at low lvls is to backup cure(notice not main heal)...

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

actually on carbuncle at lvls 10-20 it is quite common to see a drk sub rdm or whm....mainly for the mp boos (better if it was blm tho). Also if I am tanking I be be like a pally and heal myself then hit the mob with drain.

Plus I like rdm better than whm.....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I once saw a RDM 30 with no subjob searching for a party in Kazaam. After I came back from my party hours later he was still standing in the exact same place with his flag up.

People always look at DRK and DRG as the jobs that attract the most immature people, but in my experience RDM has had the most underqualified people. At least to be a DRK or DRG you need to take another job to level 30, which means you at least know something about how to be effective in the game.

In another Kazaam party I was in we had a WAR who used sword and shield, both of which were around level 14-15 (along with the rest of his armor). To top it off he also used the Defender ability. When he wasn't missing he hit for 0-1 damage. WAR is probably the second worst played job I've seen. As soon as they pull out the sword I know it's going to be trouble.

I think DRK/WHM is a good combination and if I had to level my DRK through the dunes again I would probably /WHM. The spells DRK gets are pretty pathetic at those levels (except maybe drain) and their MP is mostly wasted. Subbing WAR will give a very minimal damage boost at best and voke isn't something a DRK really needs to have.

All around I think WHM is a more party conscious and efficient subjob for DRK in the dunes. DRG would make a good choice from 20-30 for the Attack Bonus JT. Finally at 30, WAR and THF subs become more viable as you get good JTs (Berserk and SA). Either will make for a nice boost to some ridiculous spike damage to make your PTs healer hate you.

EDIT: I have to agree to some extent with Del about RDMs. At lower levels I still see a lot of melee obsessed RDMs wearing horrible gear that does nothing for their job. Of course you probably run into so many bad RDMs because there are so many of them. As I recall, they came in 1st by a decent margin in the last census.

I think one thing that really sets WAR off on the wrong path is that there are no level 1 Great Axes. WAR starts with a Sword and can't even equip a Great Axe until level 5. Newer players are just going to assume that sword is good and probably stick to it. I agree that when I see a WAR whip out a sword I know thing are gonna be bad.
    Last edited by Yeargdribble; 09-25-2006 at 05:31 AM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Using Defender isn't bad when you're tanking though. It would have been ok if his gear wasn't gimped. I play war pretty good. :(
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was bad because I am a Paladin.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Point taken...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaMan View Post
    ok,this ones just absurd and made me wana go watch operah,(the dunes)enjoy.

WHM: Guys, just a heads up I don't have an healing magic, I am going to melee.
    Me: lol that's funny. I'll just main heal (playing along assuming its a
    joke)
    So, the fight starts and I notice the WAR isn't being healed.

Me: wtf dude? Cure him!
    WHM: Dude I don't have any Cure magic I told you!

So I immediatly stop enfeebling, stop meleeing, start curing and the WAR barely lives.

Me: Seriously man, jokes over. We can replace you if you're not going to
    heal!
    WHM: I DON'T HAVE ANY CURE MAGIC!!!

Note: Three exclimation marks makes your point really re-enforced.

Me: Mind telling me why?
    WHM: I'm Shadow Spec^^

I.... ; ;.......(throwing up)
    xD WoW ftw.
    *runs away*

The only noob times I had in FFXI was when this character named "Eleni" started on my server. /sigh ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    WAR is probably the second worst played job I've seen.
    I'll show YOU a bad played WAR! *flexes*

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This one time, this awful n00b kept asking me "Are you alone?" What a freak!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, and this other awful n00b logged into my account and sent 30 PM's with that question to members here.

Yes, this is totally related to FFXI.

had just started the game on the PC. Out in N. Gustaberg leveling War to around 5 or 6 and this other player asked me if I wanted to do a BCNM.

me >> What is a BCNM
    Other >> its a BCNM, you get lots of stuff to make gil
    me >> Sure, what do we do?
    Other >> We wait for a friend of mine and then we go to the BC and kill the beastmen
    me >> Sounds like fun!!!

a few minutes later, his friend shows up, and we form the party, make a <simple> plan, and start to follow this leader.

We come to a campfire thing and there are 3 quadavs walking around it. The leader says we have to wait till the fire lights up to get good drops. We wait, and finally it starts and we proceed to massacure the lowly Quadavs. I think we got some kind of equip or some crap.

Leader >> hope that we get some good gil off of this, I will sell the items and look you up to give you some of the gil.
    me >> sounds good, I need it to buy new equipment.

So that is the story of my first BCNM fight.

<---- nOOb
    Parts of sig removed for being over the filesize limit. Your whole sig can't be over 50KB:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/zaduma/myspace/anel.png[/IMG]-->