Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Noob Sayings

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh! I have one.

When I was a newbie, I saw people shouting for teleports all over the place in Windurst. And one day, I thought, "well if all these people are jetting off to teleports, I'll tag along!" So I joined a party, paid the 500 gil fee, and then the WHM teleports. Everyone but me gets enveloped in flashy lights, and disappear, and I'm just standing there like, "uhhh, hello?"

And it was sad cause the rest of the people in the party were all, "ahaha n00b!" ;_;

mmm i think this applies to all lvls...but many a time they would ask me for D2..and i am a WHM

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Lionx is pretty n00bish, but we love him for the speshal boy that he is. <3

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

alright since everyone else is ratting themself out here is one about me:

When I first started there where a whole bunch of people that ran around with only a 999999999 gil Red Rose in their bazaar.
    So I figured that this must be a hard item to come by and if I ever find one it will be worth a lot..

Well in Jeuno I found the flower seller girl and she sells Red Roses for like 48 gil....thinking I was going to make a huge profit I bout 3 stacks of them and put them for sell in my mules bazaar for 100,000k.....

Oddly enough they never sold

<------Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    At least to be a DRK or DRG you need to take another job to level 30, which means you at least know something about how to be effective in the game.
    Thats how any job should work. To be quite honest, I didnt fully understand how to hold Hate (as a PLD) consistantly until I was around level 38. Once I got the Flash spell I understood the concept of why/when/how to use it. Same with shield bash and sentinel and the occassional cure II. It just takes abit to understand the concept of each job and what they should be doing.

I was once in a party around levels 33-36 with a WHM (which Im actually friends with) that would only heal every once in awhile and spent most of the time meleeing while another player with a ---/WHM acted as the main healer. I didnt say anything but when I was having to cast cureIII's on myself to stay alive (not to keep hate) it got rather annoying.

OK, and im also going to admit something right now....call me a noob all you want but im not up-to-date with the internet/ffxi lingo.

Whats "mt" and "D2" mean?
    Last edited by Darius; 09-30-2006 at 02:13 AM.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Here are three 'noob' tips for you:

1. mt = mistype, when you say something that was meant for someone else.
    2. D2 = Warp II, the blm ability to warp other party members back to home point.
    3. Don't double post.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Lionx is pretty n00bish, but we love him for the speshal boy that he is. <3
    /hump

I think a newb tendency is to run away or run towards something when hate is lost...its funny.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Camping VE today reminded me of this.

I was partying in Valkurm once, not long after I first joined the game. Since I joined at NA launch, that meant I was with a bunch of other NA players new to the game.

We're fighting damselflies, and all of a sudden we see one called the Valkurm Emperor. Unaware of the doom that awaited us, our leader suggested we attacked it.

"Sure, why not?" I said. We proceeded to attack. The battle followed something like this:

"Holy [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]! It just one-shotted the tank!"
    "Run away! Run away!"
    "This thing is insane!"

Then we all died.

I think its funny that most of these newb stories happen in the Valkurm Newbs :rolleyes2 I mean Valkurm Dunes......

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Here's the story of my first ever exp party in FFXI:

I was in the dunes at level 12 and I had my flag up. I got invited to a party, no tell first, just an invite. When I joined I saw the party had 3 other members. One level 14, one level 15, one level 16. They were all melees I think. I was told that you should only have +/- 2 levels in a party but I figured I was new so maybe these guys knew what they were doing. I used the map to find where they were. They were all in some open area by the entrance to La Theine (not a very popular camp I've noticed). When I got there nobody really said anything. I asked what the battle plan was, and then one of them went and provoked a goblin. I was like, ok I guess we're starting, and went to engage the goblin. It proceeded to massacre me (only the two of us were fighting). I quickly warped back to Selbina and tried to run back so I could help out with the battle, which I assumed was what I was supposed to do. On my way another goblin saw me and killed me again. So that was two deaths within 10 minutes of my first party. I began to rethink my choice to play this game, but decided to give it another shot. The next party I got had 1 level differece, a full party with all necessary jobs, and we fought Hill Lizards at a reasonable spot. I'm glad I stuck around.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I was in the mines with this character Eleni. She was helping me get a skull so I could have a subjob. I already had the other two items. While we were in there another of Eleni's friends was deep inside fighting already so she directed us to where she was and we all fought for a bit. During the process we had wandered pretty far from her friend. Eventually a skull popped up and I aquired it. Then Eleni was all like, "Alright, we got it, let's go!" She promptly cast teleport. Little did she know that I hadn't bothered to get the teleport crystal out of La Theine yet so I was left all alone deep in the mines I made it through the dangerous part staying out of sight, only getting in one fight right at the entrance, which I won just barely and everything was wonderful again.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ahhh, I remember that. I'm sorry man. xD

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I was in the mines with this character Eleni. She was helping me get a skull so I could have a subjob. I already had the other two items. While we were in there another of Eleni's friends was deep inside fighting already so she directed us to where she was and we all fought for a bit. During the process we had wandered pretty far from her friend. Eventually a skull popped up and I aquired it. Then Eleni was all like, "Alright, we got it, let's go!" She promptly cast teleport. Little did she know that I hadn't bothered to get the teleport crystal out of La Theine yet so I was left all alone deep in the mines I made it through the dangerous part staying out of sight, only getting in one fight right at the entrance, which I won just barely and everything was wonderful again.
    I'm guessing you were a MNK?

So I've got a confession. I managed to MPK my own XP PT twice last night. I felt noob enough after doing it once but really really stupid after doing it twice. I was only half paying attention and I was closing a SC and out of habit prepared to burst with Bomb Toss. Bomb Toss is AoE (very very small AoE but AoE nonetheless) and I managed to hit some lizards in the vacinity, and they decided to recruit all of their friends and eat the PT.

For someone with so much experience, I'm shocked at myself for having done such a foolish thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Happens to the best of us.

I'll give you guys one simple sentence that's just too funy

"Dude I can pull with fireworks,right?"
    Parts of sig removed for being over the filesize limit. Your whole sig can't be over 50KB:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/zaduma/myspace/anel.png[/IMG]-->