Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Noob Sayings

I'm gonna be leveling a lot through lower zones in the near future so I think I might have a lot of stories coming up ^^

So I'm preparing to level WAR in Qufim today... I wasn't completely prepared so I didn't have my flag up but I got an /tell for an invite anyway. I said I'd PT with them. So the person tells me to put my flag up.

This is one of my pet peeves. /sea all yearg Then just hit invite. No flag needs to be up. But I don't say anything, just put my flag up. I'm running to go get signet and they say for me to stop and come back. I'm thinking, "WTF!?" but apparently they need me to be standing in front of them with my flag up for me to get an invite.

Maybe people not knowing how to use /sea all is why I sometimes stand around looking for an invite. Imagnine if this is the way it always was.

PTguy: Thank god, we've been looking for XXX job for hours.
    Me: WTF? I've been seeking on this job for an hour.
    PTguy: Well, you weren't standing right in front of us
    Me: ...

Okay, so maybe the guy hasn't figured out the mechanics of the game oh well. So I get in the PT and every 30 minutes or so I notice that this person who couldn't even figure out how to invite me is using Melon Pie +1. To me this reeks of gilbuying, but maybe they weren't. Later in the PT this person decides to lecture me about how I'm using crappy food and offers me some Meat Cheifkabobs.

Now I'm using Meat Jerky, which for my level and my base attack is the optimal food. I try to explain this to the guy but he just proceeds to tell me how wrong I am and how if I won't take his advice he'll just shut up... which I let him do.

/sigh

EDIT:

PT I had earlier today. Note the PT spread... 22-26 with mages on top. I ditched soon after it formed.
    Last edited by Yeargdribble; 10-01-2006 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    PTguy: Thank god, we've been looking for XXX job for hours.
    Me: WTF? I've been seeking on this job for an hour.
    PTguy: Well, you weren't standing right in front of us
    Me: ...
    That's so sad
    Parts of sig removed for being over the filesize limit. Your whole sig can't be over 50KB:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/zaduma/myspace/anel.png[/IMG]-->

I was seeking with my taru blm mule, i think i was like 18 at the time, in the dunes and I get an invite after like an hour of waiting. I was like yes finally, and the pt leader told me come to dem,
    "we are going to party in buburimu"
    I didn't think anything of it, cuase I've pt'd there before. so i get to Dem and everyone is in level 1-10 gear and /anon, I didn't think anything of it.
    One of the people in my pt started casting tele-mea and I was like wtf, but again i didn't think anything of it. when mea went off and i realized that i was the only one that got tele'd and i was booted from the party. so i'm sitting there thinking,
    "ah hell i can't belive I fell for that."
    It didn't end with that, this galka walks up to me and says can you help me kill this thing over here it's a tough to me, he was like level 14 or something, so i said yeah why not, i'm a nice guy ><. so we get over to the mob and he decides to link a bunch of other mobs after i've almost killed it and i die and he said,
    "wtf why did you die," he was dead too.
    I said "um you just linked like ten other mobs."
    anyways an hour or so later I log back onto my main, and see both the galka and the guy in jueno and they were in the same ls. >< that is my most n00bish moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KawaiiUzume View Post
    One of the people in my pt started casting tele-mea and I was like wtf, but again i didn't think anything of it. when mea went off and i realized that i was the only one that got tele'd and i was booted from the party. so i'm sitting there thinking,
    That's just mean
    Parts of sig removed for being over the filesize limit. Your whole sig can't be over 50KB:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/zaduma/myspace/anel.png[/IMG]-->

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I would consider my noob accomplishment to be the hundreds of times I passed on Beastman Seals before some nice guy told me their purpose.

I think an entire LS would now be on my black list for that

Any way noob moment of the night.

lvl 19 in the dunes pt spread 17-19 not to bad. We are doing just fine on pulling snips and gobs. The only thing I didnt like was the WAR seemed like he was taking way to much damage and using up my mp to cure him...

Well somebody gets the bright idea "hey lets go pull pugs for massive exp"
    I am thinking no we are doning just fine on snips and gobs that and I doubt I can keep the cures on pugs...so i say "Man yesterday my main tank was one shot by a pug...I dont think its such a good idea"

Well to make a long story short the idiot newb pulls while i had 60% mp....wipe out.

Then after we get a raise and weak wears off I say "NO MORE PUGS" just then the newb again pulls another pug for another wipe out.

Turns out I lost more exp in those two wipe outs than what I gained with the snips and gobs I got pissed at them and left.

NO PUGS WITHOUT PL

Pugs should be fine by that level stretch unless your tank is lvl 17...if it was just even 1 lvl difference it will make a difference, but unless your tank is the weakest member i dont see whats wrong with pugs at that lvl range.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

When I first started playing and I had finally unlocked PLD, I was lvl 14 in the Dunes and I passed 2 players. One was dead and the other /tells me: "Hey PLD can you raise my friend?"

And then last night, I was in the citadel with a pt of 48-50. This is about me of course. So I was about to level to 51 and I had 140 tnl. We killed a beetle for 205xp and I didnt level. So I was thinking about it really hard and I saw I only needed 1 xp to level up. So im sitting there saying: "Wow, 1xp tnl! OMG." We kill some bats just for a handful of xp so I can level (everyone was gonna log after I leveled) and I still dont level. So I asked them why im not getting to 51 and they ask me if Ive done Maat's quest yet. I had no idea there was a level cap and no I never did Maat's quest. *smacks forehead*

So now today ill be doing that quest. Ugh...
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

I am not sure those are called {noob sayings} but .....

I was in the pty at the CN .. like lvl 42-44.. when I got there pty members are looking for 6th member which was a healer...and didn't have luck to find one on the lvl range... then all of the sudden one of the pty member says " Is 32 whm ok ? " and rest of us replied "no." ..... and .. she said "why not ? "

Another time, I was seeking pty as lvl 15 whm... and got pty invite in Dunes... I accept invite and they were lvl 9-11.... so I told them that I will leave this pty because I would kill the exp.. Pty leader says, " I will pay you 30,000gil if you can pl us till we are around lvl 11."
    I am not sure if he mistelled or not.... but I left pty anyways

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KawaiiUzume View Post
    Um. That's not even possible is it? At the very least, the WHM would have been teleported with you. <_<

It is possible to not be teleported even as the WHM by simply not having the gate crystal. My wife has observed RMT selling teleports in Jeuno using this method. They apparently have 42+ WHMs (often without subs) with zero gate crystals so thy never leave when they sell teleports.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. :o

this morning i was on my mule knobs standing at the AH and i had some one walk up to me and /shout will u give me some gil knobs !

at first i thought this was one of my mates playing a trick on me ...
    so i /laugh < t >

He/she got mad and /shout Y R U laffing at me ?!?!?!

... but it wasn't ....

... then i laughed even harder
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Well I got my WAR to 40 and noticed the PTs getting better and better. So now I'm back in Qufim leveling my THF.

I get into a PT with two members who are obviously in the same LS.

One is a 21WAR/8MNK using a Great Sword. He rests after every battle instead of holding onto his TP.

His friend is a RDM/BLM who is our main healer. He spends more time meleeing than anything else. He didn't bother to cast protect on anyone including the tank.

I'm pulling and he bitches at me that I shouldn't pull until we've rested 100% to full after every mob. Apparently, everyone should rest to full, including all of the melees and the tank (WAR/MNK). Apparently this is why her friend (the gimpsubbed WAR) rests every time.

/sigh

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do you stick with these parties on purpose to recant them here?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum