Ever.

that is just awsome

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You sure kicked the crap outta those BCNM monsters.

So a join a PT on my BLU. We've got a RDM/THF who we later find out doesn't have Dispel. WHM doesn't have Erase. PLD is only wearing a handful of pieces of gear. It was the first time for all 3 of them in CN. WHM didn't buy the spell reraise because she saw no need. We wiped several times and had to be raised by a near-by PT.

During out downtime the WHM kept giving the PLD tips about how to play jobs. "PLD get's raise at 50 but that doesn't really make them special. Every job should have raise at 50. At 50 it's a good idea to sub WHM and wear MP gear for melee jobs."

Please kill me.

Eventually, after a wipe the WHM just HP'd and so did the RDM. The went to do the DRG flag quest and didn't even drop the PT. They just talked to each other about what they had to do and told the PT better luck next time. So there were 4 of us lying dead in CN while these two morons did the DRG flag quest. Eventually raises came.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Wow, yeargdribble, I admire the fact you stayed with them for that long. Seriously... I would've left, so fast.

K, so I'm in sea serpent grotto doin stuff (level 47) with my flag up just incase. So I get,

someone: pt?
    Someone invites you to their party.

So I just, accept to see.

Me: Umm... You're level 27.

*disbands*

Next, day:

Someoneelse invites you to their party
    Me: O.o
    *accepts*
    Me: Wtf you're level 30
    *an hour later*
    Someonelese: [foreign words]
    Me: (| I don't understand. |) (| Run away! |) (| Please. |)

So umm yeah, not that funny really. But, the fact I got invites from people just over HALF my level twice is a bit odd. People are insane. How the hell do you get to level 30 and not know that? ;_;
    jkhkjg

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Sigma man's post's take the biscuit i think.

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Wow, yeargdribble, I admire the fact you stayed with them for that long. Seriously... I would've left, so fast.

K, so I'm in sea serpent grotto doin stuff (level 47) with my flag up just incase. So I get,

someone: pt?
    Someone invites you to their party.

So I just, accept to see.

Me: Umm... You're level 27.

*disbands*

Next, day:

Someoneelse invites you to their party
    Me: O.o
    *accepts*
    Me: Wtf you're level 30
    *an hour later*
    Someonelese: [foreign words]
    Me: (| I don't understand. |) (| Run away! |) (| Please. |)

So umm yeah, not that funny really. But, the fact I got invites from people just over HALF my level twice is a bit odd. People are insane. How the hell do you get to level 30 and not know that? ;_;
    LOL,them Japs crack me up.
    Parts of sig removed for being over the filesize limit. Your whole sig can't be over 50KB:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/zaduma/myspace/anel.png[/IMG]-->

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaMan
    LOL,them Japs crack me up.
    I find more often than not that it's NA players that are the biggest dumbasses in game. The worst I ever see from Japanese players is a strict policy against English-speaking parties. It's an elitism thing, and with all the idiot NA players throughout FFXI, I can't really blame them.

That's not to say that all JP players are inherently better. They start as newbs, too. They just seem to learn quicker and be all around more respectful than NA players.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I was asked to Tank as a Taru-taru. :rolleyes2
    the bad part about that? ?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaMan View Post
    had just started the game on the PC. Out in N. Gustaberg leveling War to around 5 or 6 and this other player asked me if I wanted to do a BCNM.

me >> What is a BCNM
    Other >> its a BCNM, you get lots of stuff to make gil
    me >> Sure, what do we do?
    Other >> We wait for a friend of mine and then we go to the BC and kill the beastmen
    me >> Sounds like fun!!!

a few minutes later, his friend shows up, and we form the party, make a <simple> plan, and start to follow this leader.

We come to a campfire thing and there are 3 quadavs walking around it. The leader says we have to wait till the fire lights up to get good drops. We wait, and finally it starts and we proceed to massacure the lowly Quadavs. I think we got some kind of equip or some crap.

Leader >> hope that we get some good gil off of this, I will sell the items and look you up to give you some of the gil.
    me >> sounds good, I need it to buy new equipment.

So that is the story of my first BCNM fight.

<---- nOOb
    That is the best story ever. xD

Grin This one time at band camp :P

I was synthing some Orange juice for myself as we waited for mages to heal and some one to come back ...

*other person* What are you doing?
    *me* Synthing some OJ
    *other person* Whats that ?
    *me* MP refresh effect.
    *other person* How do you do it?
    *me* You have to join the guild and then follow the recipes and as your lvl gets higher you can synth better stuff.
    *other person* Yea, i heard about alchemy, is that a synth?
    *me* Its a craft.
    *other person* whats the difference?
    *me* You join a craft and synth items under it. ie. OJ is a synth under cooking craft ....

It goes on from there ...
    But you get the idea
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think you need to dig a little deeper with your anecdotes, Fuego.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

One time I new noob named Smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I think you need to dig a little deeper with your anecdotes, Fuego.
    This just happened to me, day before yesterday ... no diggin' required
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Alright, I got one. This happened today.

So, I'm in Jeuno, about to head off to Norg to go do the quests to get ninja spell scrolls. I'm walking through Lower Jeuno to check up on the price of rice balls (a not entirely accurate way of measuring Tenshodo fame, as many know), when the following shout pops up in the chat log.

"teleport-mea plz? free"

I'm thinking, all right. He's a desperate newb who probably lacks the gil to pay for a teleport and is looking for someone to take pity on him. Just for [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]s and giggles, I /sea'd his name.

WAR53/SAM26 Galka Rank 1

I was flabbergasted. What kind of level 53 person would still be rank 1? The first thought that popped into my head was gilseller, but it seems very unlikely that one would go shouting in Jeuno for a free teleport. Perhaps it was someone who had just changed their allegience. I pushed that too aside as unlikely; someone who was into the game enough to want to change ranks probably wouldn't be so desperate for a free teleport (the guy had continued to shout this, undetettered by the flat "No," he received in response from some random joe).

I finished checking the price of rice balls and headed to the Kazham airship. After about an hour of playing, I finished gathering most of the scrolls (specifically utsusemi and the other expensive questables), and warped back to Aht Urghan Whitegate. One tele-taru-port and I was in Jeuno (got lucky). I switch jobs to my level 1 NIN and head for the Windurst airship.

When I get to Windurst, I quickly gathered the rest of the equipment I'd require (bronze set) and made my way to the auction house to pick up some other stuff I'd need in the future. That's when I see it.

"can i get warp 2 please?"

Same guy. Apparently he got his teleport-mea, got to Windurst, and now he needs to get back home.

He repeated the shout a few more times, and right before I log off I see the text next to his name:

"2k?"