Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Noob Sayings

lol not really, but it does work as a type of stress relief. Mostly I stay with groups to avoid being an asshole. I'm actually pretty amiable when I'm actually in the PTs and will only occasionally give advice in /tell.

Here's a slightly less bitter story ^^

So I helped some guy get started a while back. I've tried to teach him a lot about the finer points of the game. I've tried telling him that especially at lower levels he should stick to mobs he can kill very easily and very quickly with little down time. Once you're level 5-8 you really need to almost stick to EPs. Depending on your job you can 1-2 shot them and have almost zero downtime etc etc.

Well he keeps telling me that it seems like it's coming in faster when it comes in huge chunks so he keeps fighting EMs and Ts and dying constantly. He's leveled about 5 jobs to 10+ now.

Well, he was in Ghelsba leveling his DRK and ddin't know that Lizards linked. He was chatting with me in /tell while XPing. He told me what happened... he attacked one... they all linked and came to eat him. However, they were lowish EP and he quickly dispatched all 5 and made a fair sum of XP and didn't even have to rest afterward.

He was absolutely amazed at how much XP he'd made in such a short time. I had to say, "I told you so" and we had a good laugh. Instead of dying for the rest of the day he quickly made two more levels and got some farming done in the process.

I love when a lvl 40+ send me tells of hey will you pl me plz :evilking:

I alway get a chuckle outta that
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.