Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Access At Work.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Internet Access At Work.

Excellent. After four and a half years of being stuck in this boring Printing Firm, we finally have Internet access so that we can arse about when there's nothing to do in the afternoon.

Do you have Internet access at Work/School/College? Are you allowed to use it?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Blog Entries

At uni there's computers hooked up everywhere. There's dozens of access labs so I guess probably a fair few hundred computers with internet are at my disposal.

At work, there's the computer in the office which I can quite easily walk in and out of from the kitchen. We're actually not allowed to touch the computer without the shift manager's permission, but we usually do anyway.

We have so many computers at school - heaps. All of them have internet access and you're allowed to use it. Good stuff.

At school we have computers we can use, though usually you can't just get up and use them during class, we have to wait until tutorial/lunch. Plus we have a pesky filter, thereby eliminating 90% of the stuff I would want to do.

At Subway we sell WiFi time, so I guess we have internet. I don't have a laptop though, and it would still cost me money, so I'd just wait. I usually don't have that much free time anyway.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Hi, this is me, at work.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Hi, this is me, at work.

Blog Entries

You guys work so much! In my last school I didn't have internet acess they only gave acess to ppl who were doing reseraches... It sucked!

My job surrounds the computer and I frequently have to use the internet in order to get something done.

So I surf and take care of personal stuff every now and then.

Yeah at school, but I wouldn't use them to come on here or anything. [a] caught by teachers = shame. [b] work, man ;__;!
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

There's internet access at my school but the filter blocks all the good sites, and I can't load up good stuff with proxies.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, there's a wireless network at the school I go to, so I can bring my laptop and be online just about anywhere. Neat. There was an internet connection at my last work place, but there was only one computer and I didn't want anyone there to know that I go to a Final Fantasy fan forum, so I just checked my mail and stuff like that. We weren't allowed to use it during work though, so I rarely used it.

We've got internet access at school, but it's so slow that EoFF isn't worth visiting. In fact, there's hardly anywhere worth visiting, so pathetic is our connection. Consequently, I avoid using the internet at school wherever possible.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

I'm in the computer lab (the best of the three in the building) right now. There's no filter, either. I do have to reinstall MSN and Firefox every day, though.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Hi, this is me, at work.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    I'm in the computer lab (the best of the three in the building) right now. There's no filter, either. I do have to reinstall MSN and Firefox every day, though.
    get a thumb drive and pull GAIM and Firefox off www.portableapps.com

It works so nice