Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars : Clone Wars

Default Star Wars : Clone Wars

What do you think of the Clone Wars cartoon series? I like it my favorite scene is in season one when Anakin killed the wannabe Sith woman. Anakin kept swinging the Sith Lightsaber like a hammer while the bald woman held up the other red Lightsaber defensively. Images of Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Obi-Wan flashed inside Anakin's mind as he swung the red Lightsaber. Eventually part of the cliff collapsed and the bald woman fell to her death screaming. Anakin stood on top of the cliff he was silent for a moment then he screamed and threw the Sith Lightsaber into the abyss.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 09-20-2006 at 06:40 AM.

yeah if you ask me these were better character development-wise than episode 3

Yep George Lucas didn't explain why Anakin fell to the darkside very well did he? Anakin goes from a well behaved young boy in Episode I to an impudent young man in Episode II very quickly and in Episode III when Padme said "You're a good person don't do this!" Anakin said "I am doing this and I'm doing this for you to protect you." But Anakin can't use Padme as an excuse anymore after that. Because Anakin jumps to conclusions and force chokes Padme when he saw Obi-Wan. And she dies shortly after...But then again there's something else in the Star Wars universe that happens very quickly. When Luke found out that Darth Vader was his father he goes from denial in Episode V to acceptance in Episode VI very quickly. I wish George Lucas would do a cartoon series that takes place in the ten year gap between Episode I and Episode II we might get some more better character development if he did that.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 09-20-2006 at 06:30 AM.

let's make a webcomic about it

About what Anakin falling to the darkside and becoming Darth Vader or about Anakin training to become a Jedi after Episode I?

both...either? i don't care...i just don't have any artistic talent...i'd be totally into writing for it though

I don't have any artistic talent either...By the way which season of the Clone Wars do you like better season one or season two?

hah then we gotta find ourselves a crazy artist...

i would say vol. 1...it had more development between anakin and obiwan

So do you think the Clone Wars is one of the few new age cartoons that's actually good?

yeah....of course. there aren't many modern cartoons that are good, but none of them that i know of take themselves seriously like clone wars...there are good funny ones for sure, but nothing that i have seen that seems remotely grown up otherwise

The Clones Wars were awsome. Way too short though. I personally think they need to make another series which comes between Episode III and IV in the same five minute cartoon style the Clone Wars presented. That would be very cool. Darth Vader would kick ass

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I saw the few Clone Wars episodes that were available for free view on Lucas' site. Those episodes had Yoda knighting Anakin and Grievous' forces invading Coruscant and kidnapping Palpatine. They were quite alright.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The kids like it, but then again, they will watch anything.

I wasn't impressed by the cartoon at all.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Except for Kong : The Animated Series I don't think the children watched that show because it wasn't around for very long. Anyway back to the topic at hand...The only thing I disliked about the Clone Wars was how short, the episodes were in comparison, to other cartoon shows, that are thirty minutes long.

I think the first episode in season one was only about four or five minutes long. The episodes in the Clone Wars were like those tiny local news papers you can get in the mail that are only about ten or fifteen minutes worth of reading.

well were they originally for tv or did they get played somewhere else