Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorceress Adel strategy

Default Sorceress Adel strategy

I've been thinking a lot on how to beat Adel and i figured out 3 idealistic strategies:

1) Use Cerberus and then cast Float and Shell on everyone, than throw all the GF power on Adel and Rinoa and every once in a while use a Triple Curaga on Rinoa (normally after 2 GF attacks). BTW, u better have Cerberus with a decently big HP because Adel casts Meteor and Smashing Blow the first time at small intervals. Until you use a G-Returner it might be too late.

2) Everything from above, except use all the Aura on Squall (if you have a big strength) because I've noticed that Renzokuken + Rough Divide does more dmg than a GF with all the boosting. After you finish Aura use the GFs. The only difference is that Aura is 20% of the time ineffective.

3) Everything in 1) or 2), except cast shell on Rinoa and Adel shouldn't be able to draw much from her nor you do big dmg with the GFs on her anymore.

In case you're wondering: Float for Quake, Shell for Ultima, Flare, Meteor etc, Holy heals him; and these strategies are for hp-lowers (me: Squall-1916, Zell-1975, Quistis-3120), those with high stats might find this fight easier. One last thing, make sure that one of the characters has Item in case you run out of Curagas. And if any of you have any other suggestions please don't hesitate.
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Or you could just hit her with a couple physical attacks.

1) Use Cerberus and then cast Float and Shell on everyone, than throw all the GF power on Adel and Rinoa and every once in a while use a Triple Curaga on Rinoa (normally after 2 GF attacks). BTW, u better have Cerberus with a decently big HP because Adel casts Meteor and Smashing Blow the first time at small intervals. Until you use a G-Returner it might be too late.
    That may work if your GFs are low leveled but higher powered ones could wipe her out in a single shot possibly. It all depends on your GF's and their levels. I know in my last game I never dared to use my GF's, as they would have killed her instantly.

2) Everything from above, except use all the Aura on Squall (if you have a big strength) because I've noticed that Renzokuken + Rough Divide does more dmg than a GF with all the boosting. After you finish Aura use the GFs. The only difference is that Aura is 20% of the time ineffective.
    The only thing tricky here is Squall's weapon and certainity. Squall's weapon determines what kind of random attack he does next if he manages. Some hit all opponents on screen, so you could hit Rinoa depending upon what attack is used. It may or may not kill her, it depends entirely on which attack goes.

3) Everything in 1) or 2), except cast shell on Rinoa and Adel shouldn't be able to draw much from her nor you do big dmg with the GFs on her anymore.
    I'm not aware if Shell lessens damage done by GF's. I never believed it did anyway. I just would stick to powerful magic, physical attacks, and controlled limits if you ask me but there are alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Or you could just hit her with a couple physical attacks.
    Yeah it works faster and just as well!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Inflict damage. That's my strategy. And Aura works as often as you want it to, just keep tapping the skip-turn button until you get a limit break. Use someone else than Squall though, as he has nasty AoE finishers. Zell is nice.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

just cast cerevrus and auras and leave the rest for the team! don't use Gfs, they don't do anything here! Just use magic or limit breaks it has more effects!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Or you could just hit her with a couple physical attacks = .

Inflict damage. That's my strategy. And Aura works as often as you want it to, just keep tapping the skip-turn button until you get a limit break. Use someone else than Squall though, as he has nasty AoE finishers. Zell is nice.

I just junctioned properly and inflicted insane, game breaking damage.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Dancing Chocobo

I killed her using The End.

Cast haste or a more powerful of the hastega. then summon your strongest GF.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

A lucky Lionheart/A lucky The End/Armageddon Fist combo/Loads of ulse Ammos/Insanely strong physical attacks due to insane junctions.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Remember that you can't kill Rinoa.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

ahm maybe i should have been more specific:
    1. as a sword i have Revolver, if somebody would have told me where to find some pulse ammo i would have jumped directly to Lionheart.
    2. my most powerful GF's are Shiva and Ifrit (lvl 50+) and boosted they inflict 1000+ - 2000+ dmg to Adel and 3000+ to Rinoa.
    3. Squall hase the Highest strength and his limit attacks are renzokuken and rough divide (a total of 5200+ dmg if PERFECT) so i don't hurt Rinoa.
    4. Qusitis has the biggest HP so i use her for healing.
    5. Zell has Ifrit which in my case is more powerful than Shiva.
    6. Shell truly does reduce the dmg of GF magic by almost a half.
    7. As powerful magic I have Ultima, Flare and Holy but Holy heals adel, i don't know about the rest, haven't tried.
    8. It's useless to use Zell and Quistis for phisycal attacks because at them i junctioned into health and elementary defense.
    9. I don't have Hestaga
    and 10. Aura might be useful in triple but for that i need cereberus and since his health is kinda low he keeps dying on me after Adel's Meteor and Smashing Blow (so it's a lucky shot to actually cast cerberus).

In the end while you solve the "problem" I have a question, which blue magic is the most powerful one at Quistis (death magic excluded)?
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

You should have a mix of magic junctioning to your characters ir order to make them almost invencible.