Thread: "There is no disc in the drive" -CD burning trouble

Default "There is no disc in the drive" -CD burning trouble

Ok, I had to give some friends of mine some of our research via discs, so I went out and got some Memorex CD-RW 12x discs. Had the files ready to write, popped in the disc, went to the CD Wizard, and I get my topic message: "There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a writable CD into drive E:/."

First, thought it was just a messup, so I tried again and the same message came. Thinking it was a faulty disc, tried another one, and got the same thing. With that not working, my friend recommended me use CDR, as I usually use those when placing files anyway. I got the same kind I usually get Memorex CD-R x52 and tried. Again, same message...

At this point, I figure either something is messed up with my drive or my discs don't seem to computw with my computer. It was suggested my drive may be dirty but I can still put other CD's of mine in and it recognizes them properly.

I admit, I don't do a lot of burning, so please excuse me if I'm a bit naive when it comes to this, in case I didn't list something I should have.

Thanks in advance,

-SF

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This happens to me as well and I also don't know why. However, when I try again at some later point in time, it works.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles