Thread: Blue Dragon

Default Blue Dragon

Alright so here are 2 new video's of Mistwalker's Blue Dragon from TGS 06.

Video 1

Video 2

Tell me what you guys think about the game so far. The first video does show actual gameplay so it's easier to judge the game. Also notice how in video 1 Shu's Blue Dragon pretty much transforms into Bahamut and does a Mega Flare sort of move.
    Last edited by RiseToFall; 09-23-2006 at 12:53 AM.

The game looks great!
    As much as I dislike Akira Toriyama's designs, he did a pretty swell job in Blue Dragon, though it could have been better.

For now we can hear in the trailers some of Nobuo Uematsu's music in the game, and I must say it's a sweet sound.
    I don't know if the Boss Theme when they fought the giant robot will be in every boss battle, I wish it will because I liked it a lot.

I love Akira Toriyama's designs and this game looks super! Pity I dont have the Xbox 360 But ex does.

i want it....i buy every rpg for the microsoft systems when they come out.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The graphics are ridiculously beautiful. Dragon Quest VIII was already like a Toriyama cartoon come to life, but this takes it about three steps further.

Unfortunately, the gameplay doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think Lost Odyssey might be the more remarkable of Mistwalker's 360 games, but if Blue Dragon is a fun RPG, I'll probably pick it up. Enchanted Arms has been the only Japanese RPG for the system so far, and it wasn't worth shelling out 60 bucks for. So far, it seems like Sakaguchi will deliver another quality game. How shocking.

Mindblowing graphics and from the Godfather of FF...who's not gonna pick this up?

It certainly looks amazing graphically, and I do enjoy the music a lot, but hopefully there will be some more innovations involving the roles of the dragons and such. The battle system seemed to be typical fare from the gameply video, so hopefully they're just not showing teh really interesing things.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

My japanese is quite limited, so I didn't get to go into any of the intricacies, but I played this today and tried out several of the special abilities. They are truly spectacular. There was one in particular I did where the main character releases the dragon from his shadow, then proceeds to ride it around and attack the guy. I genuinely smiled after I won, and Shu and his Dragon shadow give the thumbs-up. I'm in love with this game.
    I don't particularly care for generic turn based battles, but the story from the little bits i've seen looks pretty decent. Who plays FF for the gameplay anyway.

The game is just gorgeous. It's hard to tell if some of the cutscenes are FMV or In-game, because they look exactly the same.

I can see that this will be more than just running around and random battles. Part of the demo was a flying/shooting stage that's set up much like Panzer Dragoon. I was the only person in my group to get past the shooting stage before the time ran out. (Tip: Use the missles!) I felt special