Thread: Bragh!!

Default Bragh!!

Ok today I decieded to try with my friends to do the Sandy Eco Warrior quest...

I had 1 War 1 Drk 1 Whm and 2 Rdm to begin with. Not a bad combo.
    I then consulted a mentor to ask if there was really anything else we needed to prepare and he said you will HAVE TO FORM AN ALLIANCE.

ok so my Drk friend starts sending /tells like crazy and an hour later we have a double alliance formed with 16 people all together.

once we got down to Ordelle caves none of us knew where we were going and to make a long story short....all 16 of us died at least once and we never was able to do the fight....

so what i am asking here is where did we go wrong? Besides the fact we didnt know where we were going.
    and of course any additional pointers would be cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would say that knowing where you were supposed to go would have eliminated a majority of the problems you would have faced.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

What he said...getting lost sucks....getting lost with 16 other people running around with heads chopped off is even worst...

You think people would research beforehand or look it up once lost...but most people are impatient and therefore i say...know everything and keep it in order else death Dx and lots of time/exp/gil wasted.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Never ever ever ever do any type of large quest or mission that involves multiple people without doing your homework first. If you always do your research first it will save you a lot of grief later. When you are doing things like AF quests and request some higher level help only to show up and realize you missed a step in flagging it or don't know where to go you may find yourself stranded and on someone's /blist.

For Eco specifically, you should stay together. People tend to like to play hero and if there are mutliple mobs everyone will try to solo one. Avoid this by having everyone attack the same mob. The faster each mob goes down the less mobs there will be beating on you. I'd suggest /assist macros but considering some of the lesser Dynamis groups can't manage it I would assume that a pick-up PT of low level plays wouldn't have a chance.

Communication needs to be solid and the group really needs to agree to work together. If one person wants to pretend to be a badass or has a bad attitude it's better for the alliance leader to kick that person rather than wait for them to do something stupid like train monsters on the group.

Another note is that you should all gather at the person that reduces your level cap to 20 and let everyone know to get it. The may require several spammings of the chatlog in all caps with calls. It's annoying, but it's far more annoying to have to backtrack because 1 out of 18 people wasn't paying attnetion and didn't receive the cap. If this happens it may be best to drop that person from the alliance. It sounds harsh but like Lionx said.... people are pretty impatient, especially at lower levels. Backtracking will cause people to start dropping out quite often.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ahh, Eco Warrior. Good times.

PS. Is it just me or does no one do these anymore? When I first started playing, I would see shouts for Eco Warrior ALL THE TIME in the starting cities. Haven't seen one shout for this in like a year.

I've also noticed that they are done much more rarely Miriel. Of course, these days there are way faster ways to make 1kish XP and 5k gil without the hassle. Also, it's probably just because there are less newer/lower level NA players.

The main reason i dont go is because i cannot store lvl 20 or under gear via NPC...makes it a hassle.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3