Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy?

Default Favorite Final Fantasy?

Yea yea i know there has probably been a thousand threads about this:P but im a newb around here and want to see what everyone else thinks:P

personaly i like Final Fantasy 9 the best.although it was one of the easier final fantasy's it was generaly the funnest game to play.there werent so many charecters to follow as some of the other ff's.the game play was great.and also the way your charecters learned magic and skills was really orignal for ff's buy just equiping certain items and then having to ge the ability points to memorize them.there were tons of really cool side games that could keep you playing for litteraly hours.and also quite posibly the coolest FF charecter ever..VIIV!

I better sneak in my answer before people start justifying their own by bashing all the others: X is my favorite.

My favorite is Final Fantasy VIII.

Moogle .........

final fantasy vii is the best ever. never again will the boffins at square will produce such brillience. yes we all know the trancelations were a bit off. but it kicks ass. thats why there bringing out a load of spin off games.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    I think final fantasy vii is the best ever. never again will the boffins at square will produce such brilliance. yes we all know the translations were a bit off. but it kicks ass. thats why they're milking it for all it's worth.

Fixed.

IMO, ff9 is the most enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnie View Post
    final fantasy vii is the best ever. never again will the boffins at square will produce such brillience. yes we all know the trancelations were a bit off. but it kicks ass. thats why there bringing out a load of spin off games.
    Almost everyone that play the series, begun with FFVII. This is why many people like it. FFVII is "better" then the others, ONLY because of the nostalgic feeling. Anyone that is not a FFVII fanboy/fangirl, know this.

And in my opinion, FFIX is the better one.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    Almost everyone that play the series, begun with FFVII. This is why many people like it. FFVII is "better" then the others, ONLY because of the nostalgic feeling. Anyone that is not a FFVII fanboy/fangirl, know this.
    Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like (since we can't really be right or wrong). For example, Final Fantasy IV was the first Final Fantasy I ever played. As such, it holds a special place in my heart, with nostalgic music, characters, and atmosphere. I could very well pick it as my favorite. Why people like or think something is their favorite is entirely up to them. Final Fantasy VII is not the most popular FF for this reason however, there are many other obvious reasons for it's popularity which I'm not repeating again, here.

I don't have much nostalgia with VII, so that proves your point wrong. I like it for other reasons (music, characters, blah blah blah), and I'm not a 'fanboy'. Just because something is liked by a good deal many people (and you honestly can't blame the first FF a deal of people worldwide have played for goodness, being popular!) doesn't mean that it's bad.

Anyway, I can't decide on an ultimate favorite, but FFIII, FFIV, FFVI, and FFVII are all pretty great. I like all the games for multiple reasons, and I find it very hard to dislike games (though I do acknowledge the bad aspects of the games). If I were forced to pick, it'd probably be III or VI though.

Favorite FF thread: # 33,476.

FFI-6 and FFX-2
    Offline/Online

Final Fantasy VI.

FFVI or FFIII

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

My favorites in this order

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Final Fantasy IV
    3. Final Fantasy IX
    4. Final Fantasy I/Final Fantasy III(tied for fourth)
    5. Final Fantasy XI

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Final Fantasy X. Love the characters. Love the backstory of each character and the world of Spira. My second choices would be FInal Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy V.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

My favourite is VI, with VIII as my second.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like (since we can't really be right or wrong). For example, Final Fantasy IV was the first Final Fantasy I ever played. As such, it holds a special place in my heart, with nostalgic music, characters, and atmosphere. I could very well pick it as my favorite. Why people like or think something is their favorite is entirely up to them. Final Fantasy VII is not the most popular FF for this reason however, there are many other obvious reasons for it's popularity which I'm not repeating again, here.
    FFVII is more popular then the others because of the nostalgic feeling. The game have many good things, but the other games of the series have too. So, why VII is more popular then them? Nostalgic feeling.
    You said that you begun the series with IV, and that IV is your favorite. Is the same thing with FFVII and VII fanboys/fangirls.

I don't have much nostalgia with VII, so that proves your point wrong.
    You don't have much nostalgia, because your first was IV, not VII.

I like it for other reasons (music, characters, blah blah blah), and I'm not a 'fanboy'. Just because something is liked by a good deal many people (and you honestly can't blame the first FF a deal of people worldwide have played for goodness, being popular!) doesn't mean that it's bad.
    I NEVER said that FFVII is a bad game. I like FFVII the same way that i like the others. But FFVII was the first FF that the majority of people played, and like you said "Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like" and you are a good example of this(FFIV).

FFVII is a good game, but saying that is better then the others just because is more popular, is a very big BS.