Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about Mastering Jobs

I already mastered every job (except mime) for every character in that basement. Then I saved a copy of the file to my PS2 HDD. Now everytime I replay this game and get to Castle Val, I'll load the old file with the jobs mastered, before continuing.

Question:

I've mastered all of the jobs (save Mime), and noticed that when using the Bare job class I now receive many, if not most, of the innate, non-"!" abilities of the other classes, like Swordgrab, M-barrier, Counter, etc. Does anybody know which of the abilities are not possessed by the Bare job class after mastering all of the jobs? Berserk and Two-Handed I know. What about the Thief innates like Caution and Secret, the Blue Mage's Learning, or the Geomancer's sense-trap and no-damage-floor abilities?

IOW, except for perhaps a few circumstances, is there any reason not to be using everyone as Bare?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

No :p. Only if you want to replace the "Item" command with something else. The only ability that isn't automatically activated as bare is berserk, I think.
    AFAIK, bare also gets the best stats from the various jobs too.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?