Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zanarkand's neighbours (spoilers)

Default Zanarkand's neighbours (spoilers)

Shouldn't the people of Zanarkand notice that they're the only city they have any contact with? Especially a city that has a blitzball franchise. :P

And if I were a resident there, I'd be pretty pissed at Tidus for halting my existance at the end of the game without my permission.

well in X-2 there mention of a war between zanarkand and bevelle so they obviously knew ther wer other cities and the cities that we know might not have been there and ther may hav been other cities which aren't there anymore!? . . . a lot changes in 1000 years.

and, not to flaw ur argument, but it isnt mentioned that zanarkand is isolated from everyone else either!?

peace out

dp

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Tidus' Zanarkand is a dream of the fayth. That Zanarkand is a city in the middle of the ocean somewhere (as shown in the Ultimania, I believe). I'm not referring to the "real" Zanarkand that's a pile of rubble on the far side of Gagazet. :P

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    Shouldn't the people of Zanarkand notice that they're the only city they have any contact with? Especially a city that has a blitzball franchise. :P

And if I were a resident there, I'd be pretty pissed at Tidus for halting my existance at the end of the game without my permission.
    It's like the Matrix; they don't know that they are the only ones because Yu Yevon probably had the Fayth dream that the people did not have a desire to explore the outside world. Even Tidus at the beginning of the game thought he had traveled through time instead of being in a different world (world meaning DZ, not world as in Spira).

Also with the Blitzballers, if you listen closely, Zanarkand has multiple teams, including the Duggles (the opposing team in the intro FMV), which are in Zanarkand conference C. I would venture a guess it works like NFL, but for one city.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 09-25-2006 at 10:03 PM.

So who were those people playing Blitzball against the Abes in the opening cutscene?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    So who were those people playing Blitzball against the Abes in the opening cutscene?
    Check edit; I edited it in before your post.

Ah. Well. That explains that.

Sheltered, aint they?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If you look around Spira, you will see many locations have ruins of a machina city. For example, Besaid island is littered with ruins. The Mi'hen highroad has several too.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with Dream Zanarkand. :P

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dream Zanarkand is based on the thoughts and memories of Zanarkand's inhabitants, right? Those inhabitants would probably remember those other cities' existances, although I don't know where I'm going with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    If you look around Spira, you will see many locations have ruins of a machina city. For example, Besaid island is littered with ruins. The Mi'hen highroad has several too.
    Dream Zanarkand is based on the thoughts and memories of Zanarkand's inhabitants, right? Those inhabitants would probably remember those other cities' existances, although I don't know where I'm going with this one.
    I was thinking about that too.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's likely that even if they remembered them, they willfully rejected the memory, thus preserving the integrity of a lone Zanarkand. Don;t forget that DZ is an actual location in Spira, just far removed.

The opening FMV shows DZ as being a lone city floating in the sea, with miles of sea around them. If you dumbed down the intelligence of the denizens, they would fear the ocean, because people would "get lost," including the case of Jecht, who survived. But like the REAL ocean on Earth, you swim out too far, there's no hope for you.

When Zanarkand was attacked by Bevelle, one can either assume that
    A) they had not existed yet, so the ruins came from a later date
    B) they had already existed, and been destroyed
    C) they were not allied with Zanarkand in the war, thus preserving their intact-ness
    D) Yu Yevon just plain didn't care if they got destroyed, and cared only about Zanarkand

Of course, this could lead to a wild amount of theories about the ruins, which are not mentioned here, but for the sake of argument and sanity, don't blow the fact of the ruins out of proportion. This is where distortions and false theories will come forth (R = U, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    well in X-2 there mention of a war between zanarkand and bevelle so they obviously knew ther wer other cities and the cities that we know might not have been there and ther may hav been other cities which aren't there anymore!? . . . a lot changes in 1000 years.

and, not to flaw ur argument, but it isnt mentioned that zanarkand is isolated from everyone else either!?
    Those changes are irrelevant. DZ was created at the time of the end of the war, which means that no one else could have been involved, unless they happened to suffer a similar fate as Zanarkand. The war originates in FFX as history; FFX-2 tries to make a story out of it.

Yes, the second part of your statement is correct, if you are referring to Dream Zanarkand.

It's too bad R=U is fake though, it makes the story a million times better and a lot deeper. But staying on topic, dreams are always about memories of a sort. These memories don't have to exist to be there. The fayth and Yu Yevon all remember team zanarkand facing other teams, the memory of those teams are still there. That being said, the other teams, I imagine, don't have very good drafts seeing as there's no one else in their memories (probably)

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

I always thought everyone who lived in DZ loved it too much to care about people on the "outside"