Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: is Sephiroth the best bad guy in the series?

Default sephiroth

no its not! im surprised nobody has agreed with me I think he’s the worst because what he done to Aeris
    I cant think of any other character brutally killing someone like that in the series but hes one of my favourite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    no its not! im surprised nobody has agreed with me I think he’s the worst because what he done to Aeris
    I cant think of any other character brutally killing someone like that in the series but hes one of my favourite characters.
    I think Kefka brutally killed more people than Sephy, what with destroying the world and such.

So Sephiroth was truly a kick ass character. Deep, Dark, Deceptive, Angry, he had all the picture perfect traits of a villian.

Kefka...PLEASE, I have said this many times, he is the most retarded villian ever, when he is taking over the world all I could do was laugh and ask how such a moron took over the world.

Kuja, Valid argument, however, I have yet to finish FF IX.

Seifer, He can't be, he was a puppet of Ultimecia.

Now Ultimecia, thats a villian that took many forms throughout space and time. Because she wanted to take over the world, in ALL time periods, she is a candidate for a good villian, but not the best.

I think its between Kuja and Sephiroth

Kefka-craziest FF villian ever, thats why I love him.
    Last edited by RiseToFall; 09-26-2006 at 06:15 AM.

Sephiroth is a mama's boy.

Kefka...PLEASE, I have said this many times, he is the most retarded villian ever, when he is taking over the world all I could do was laugh and ask how such a moron took over the world.
    Come now, Sephiroth had the ability to summon a super nova that could wipe out the universe in 3 minutes, yet he settled on a big rock that would hit in 7 days.
    Besides, you don't even need to go and defeat him to 'save the world'. It only hits if you go to him. Why bother?

Sephiroth is a good villain, but in my opinion, not the best.
    He have the looks, the music, cool powers, and the mystic(he was misteryous) going for him.
    But he was not the best one, because he don't have everything that make a villain be a good villain.
    He don't have almost any personality(he is evil, arrogant, and that's all), don't have ANY reason to do what he did(after gaining the knowledge of the Lifestream, he knew that he was not a Cetra. But he want to become a God anyway, just because he want more power), and don't have any cool, memorable quotes.
    I think that his look, the music, the mistery, and the fear that everyone feel for him in the game, create an atmosphere around him, that make him cool. And this is why me and many other people like him. But if you remove all of this, and only look to the character itself, you will see that he is not that great.
    Ah, and he have the nostalgic feeling going for him too(he was the first RPG villain for MANY people).

This is my opinion.

Kuja was the best. He distroyed a whole world with one spell. yay!

Plus, He has reasons behind everything he did and kills more people then seph.

Seph killed: 1 Backwater village worth (And some pain in the butt little girl)

Kuja killed: 1 city and a whole world

yay kuja
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Just what is so friggn' cool about the man? He isn't, ok? Just deal with it.

1) He never fought the chars directly until the very end. Before that he always made Jenova fight you. What kind of man sicks his mother on his enemys?

2)He's insane. We all know this, so lets not pussy-foot around it. He's cunningly insane, yes, but the point is he's not mentally stable. And you can't take an insane man seriously.

3)Yeah, sword was nice. But that's the extent of his coolness. He's just another long-haired pretty boy. It seems to me that saving the world means finding the right long-haired pretty boy and beating him up. I mean, what kind of 'cool' man walks around with waist-length hair? Certainly not a secure one.

4)He has major ego problems. He runs around with a shiny sharp piece of metal, clinging to mommy and out to destroy the world. He must be so depressed that he feels he has to destroy the world as well as him self in his suicide attempt.

5)Becoming a god thing is nothing new. (if you've ever read Dragonlance, you know what I'm talking about.)
    (:hourglas: this ring a bell?)

And this is the man that people claim is so cool? Crap, I must be missing something, because he sure doesn't seem that awesome to me. He made gave the bad guy image a twist, sure. But he doesn't deserve even an eighth of the credit that people give him. Sheesh.

(and for crying out loud, somebody oppose me.)
    Last edited by Dragon Mage; 09-26-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default I should sic Hux on all of you for forgetting Seymour.

He was pretty neat. He was an okay villain.

Gotta love that sword...

1) He never fought the chars directly until the very end. Before that he always made Jenova fight you. What kind of man sicks his mother on his enemys?

2)He's insane. We all know this, so lets not pussy-foot around it. He's cunningly insane, yes, but the point is he's not mentally stable. And you can't take an insane man seriously.

3)Yeah, sword was nice. But that's the extent of his coolness. He's just another long-haired pretty boy. It seems to me that saving the world means finding the right long-haired pretty boy and beating him up. I mean, what kind of 'cool' man walks around with waist-length hair? Certainly not a secure one.

4)He has major ego problems. He runs around with a shiny sharp piece of metal, clinging to mommy and out to destroy the world. He must be so depressed that he feels he has to destroy the world as well as him self in his suicide attempt.

5)Becoming a god thing is nothing new. (if you've ever read Dragonlance, you know what I'm talking about.)
    ( this ring a bell?)
    This is just as bad as the people who like him too much, you know.

I'm just getting REALLY tired of people going on about how awesome he is. I made that post to try to get people to shut up about how much they like him before they even got the chance to say it. Because this thread isn't about that and doesn't need that.

Default Yes I called him Sephy many times, bite me.

Here's what I find tiring: Everybody parading their opinion around like a law. He likes Sephy and wants to say so, he has the right to that just like you have the right to say you don't. There's no reason to look at each other and say "Nobody cares! Keep it to yourself." It's a forum for discussion about Final Fantasy, and you are in the Final Fantasy VII section of the forum in a topic dedicated to liking Sephiroth. What did you expect? "IX is great"?

This is exactly why half the members here don't even bother coming into the lower half of the forum anymore. It's just full of people arguing and saying "This FF is the best, this character is the best, this song is the best, and everybody who thinks otherwise is ignorant of all things and should burn to death." Nobody wants to put up with it.

And that goes for anti-people and pro-people. You like Sephiroth, and that's fine, but he isn't your husband and you don't have to show loyalty to him and hate everything else. Sephy won't feel cheated on if you also like the other villains for what they are.

If you like Kuja, that's fine. But it's the same. Why the obligated loyalty? Do you think Kuja will be pissed if you don't compare other villains to him and find them inferior by default? The characters and villains are different because that makes it interesting. Kefka isn't supposed to be Sephiroth, Sephiroth isn't supposed to be Kuja, and Kuja isn't supposed to be Seymour. I'm not saying you can't have a favorite; it's natural to have a favorite. I'm saying don't pick a favorite and feel obligated to bash all the others.

Just relax...They're games... They are meant to be enjoyed, not studied and picked apart and viewed with a Roger Ebert eye of criticism.

Sephiroth is fine as a villain. So is Edea or Seifer, so is Kuja, so is Seymour... Pick your favorite, but why hate the others?

And the same goes for the flip side. Sure, pick your favorite, but don't pretend like he's the best thing since pickles either. "SEPHY > ALL" is just as annoying as "SEPHY IS EMO and suxx LolLolololol". If you like Sephiroth as a villain that's fine but don't hate Kuja because he's "not Sephiroth" for crying out loud.

In short, let's all just get along It's Final Fantasy not politics. People who justify their opinions by bashing others look just as ridiculous as people who are so wrapped up in fanboy they refuse to hear other's opinions at all. It's all ridiculous. Now look at the kitty and feel at peace and play the games, don't study them. Aww, kitty makes it all better.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Here's what I find tiring: Everybody parading their opinion around like a law. He likes Sephy and wants to say so, he has the right to that just like you have the right to say you don't. There's no reason to look at each other and say "Nobody cares! Keep it to yourself." It's a forum for discussion about Final Fantasy, and you are in the Final Fantasy VII section of the forum in a topic dedicated to liking Sephiroth. What did you expect? "IX is great"?

This is exactly why half the members here don't even bother coming into the lower half of the forum anymore. It's just full of people arguing and saying "This FF is the best, this character is the best, this song is the best, and everybody who thinks otherwise is ignorant of all things and should burn to death." Nobody wants to put up with it.

And that goes for anti-people and pro-people. You like Sephiroth, and that's fine, but he isn't your husband and you don't have to show loyalty to him and hate everything else. Sephy won't feel cheated on if you also like the other villains for what they are.

If you like Kuja, that's fine. But it's the same. Why the obligated loyalty? Do you think Kuja will be pissed if you don't compare other villains to him and find them inferior by default? The characters and villains are different because that makes it interesting. Kefka isn't supposed to be Sephiroth, Sephiroth isn't supposed to be Kuja, and Kuja isn't supposed to be Seymour. I'm not saying you can't have a favorite; it's natural to have a favorite. I'm saying don't pick a favorite and feel obligated to bash all the others.

Just relax...They're games... They are meant to be enjoyed, not studied and picked apart and viewed with a Roger Ebert eye of criticism.

Sephiroth is fine as a villain. So is Edea or Seifer, so is Kuja, so is Seymour... Pick your favorite, but why hate the others?

And the same goes for the flip side. Sure, pick your favorite, but don't pretend like he's the best thing since pickles either. "SEPHY > ALL" is just as annoying as "SEPHY IS EMO and suxx LolLolololol". If you like Sephiroth as a villain that's fine but don't hate Kuja because he's "not Sephiroth" for crying out loud.

In short, let's all just get along It's Final Fantasy not politics. People who justify their opinions by bashing others look just as ridiculous as people who are so wrapped up in fanboy they refuse to hear other's opinions at all. It's all ridiculous. Now look at the kitty and feel at peace and play the games, don't study them. Aww, kitty makes it all better.
    well said Lunar.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie the Dragon Ninja View Post
    I personally think Kuja is the best villain.
    Seconded.
    thirdified.

sephiroth is a good villain but its all about his backstory and past and he really doesn't do much or have personalities and schemes that make him better than the other villains. a great villain but not the best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    Sephiroth is a good character but its all about his backstory and past, and when he become a villain, he really doesn't do much or have personalities and schemes that make him better than the other villains. A great character but not the best villain.
    Fixed for you.

And LunarWeaver, very well said.

Very nice LunarWeaver.