Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: is Sephiroth the best bad guy in the series?

Articles
    Blog Entries

IMO he's one of the best.

He did more evil things than almost any other villain I can think of. Torching a village, wiping out the Shinra building, and leaving the President dead on his chair was crazy. And then he killed Aeris. Sure, X-Death did this before him, but he actually jumped down and impaled her.

Banned

We have come to terms.

I much prefered Kuja to Sephiroth.

Sephiroth had one of the best battle music things ive ever heard and at least he didnt look like a clown and yes he is stupid using a meteor that takes a few days to drop when he has a spell that destroys a whole universe (apart from him somehow) and him normaly with his sword looks cool but the final form of him with the 1 wing looks a bit odd and hes a b*tch to defeat but to me hes my fave coz he was the 1st baddie in an FF game coz VII was my 1st.
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by cHRISTMAS
    :oscar:LET'S US ANALYSIS SEPHIROTH AND KUJA TOGETHER. :oscar:

SEPHIROTH

Sephiroth is a very fillal son as shown:

Sephiroth found his Mama in a run down reactor a few years ago but However, Cloud and his buddies were jealous and killed his Mama..

: MAMA DIED!!!! WAAAAHHH!!!! MAMA!!! GIVE MY MAMA BACK TO ME!!!

: Dun cry, little Sephy.

:Who the smurf are you, bitch?

:I am your fairy god mother, little Sephy and if you call me bitch again I swear I will rip your lungs out.

: SHUDDA BITCH!!! It's not over between him and me, and you are in the way!!!

*SLASH!!!!*

:Remember...Sephy...you must alway...be..be..a good..boy...

*9999*

: Your chocobo brother killed my Mama and you killed my fairy god mama???? NOW I HAVE NO MORE MAMA!!!!!!NOOO!!!!

: And I am going to kill you too!!!!

*I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!*

*DIIIIEEEE SEPHIROTH!!!!!!AND I HATTTTTEEEEEE YOUU TOOO!!*

Now we can see how terrible life had treated Sephiroth but he overcome all the odds!!!

: MAMA.....I want MAMA....

:Ughhh.....Puff..Puff...Forget it Mama's Boy. All your MAMA IS DEAD!!! AND IF SOMEMORE APPEAR, I WILL KILL THEM ALL!!!! I WILL KILL EVERY SINGLE MAMA OF YOURS!!!!!

*SEPHIROTH GATHER ENERGIES!!!!*

: You are sick!!!!!

: I just live in the ASYLUM that's all!!! I am not sick!!!!

*SEPHIROTH GATHER EVEN MORE ENERGIES!!!!*

: GIVE MY MAMAS BACK TO ME!!! YOU SICKO!!!

*SEPHIROTH UNLEASHES HIS ENERGIES!!!!*

WHAT THE SMURF??

*FOR MY MAMAS!!!!!*

*65535*

:...........

: Stay there for me, forever trapped in memories....

In short, Sephiroth is teh 1337 teh haxxor.

good villain? yes...best villain?

GARLAND forever

Please don't bash me, because it's only my first time through, and i'm only near the beginning of disk two, but Sephiroth is soooooo boring. he never battles you, he tells you his plans, and he sends his mom to do his dirty work. what kind of person does that? i much prefer Garland, where theirs some sort of mystery to him, even at the end of the game.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage
    Just what is so friggn' cool about the man? He isn't, ok? Just deal with it.

1) He never fought the chars directly until the very end. Before that he always made Jenova fight you. What kind of man sticks his mother on his enemys?
    erm.... no, he didnt, he was in the northern crater the whole time in that place where Cloud goes to when he gives him the Black Materia, the person you saw all those times was Jenova...

2)He's insane. We all know this, so lets not pussy-foot around it. He's cunningly insane, yes, but the point is he's not mentally stable. And you can't take an insane man seriously.
    name on antagonist that isnt insane...

3)Yeah, sword was nice. But that's the extent of his coolness. He's just another long-haired pretty boy. It seems to me that saving the world means finding the right long-haired pretty boy and beating him up. I mean, what kind of 'cool' man walks around with waist-length hair? Certainly not a secure one.
    sorry I may have misinterprated this but are you saying that people that have long hair cant be cool? dont forget that they most likely designed him to be like a goth and admitidly most goths have long hair... I dont have any problem with his image.

4)He has major ego problems. He runs around with a shiny sharp piece of metal, clinging to mommy and out to destroy the world. He must be so depressed that he feels he has to destroy the world as well as him self in his suicide attempt.
    He never 'clinged' to his 'mummy' his plan was to become a god by bringing in a Meteor which would threaten the life of the planet and when the planets life is threatened the lifestream wells up at that wound, and in order to do that he needed Jenova's help. With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.) And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.

5)Becoming a god thing is nothing new. (if you've ever read Dragonlance, you know what I'm talking about.)
    (:hourglas: this ring a bell?)
    Not that I want to be picky but dont you mean Dragonlance Legends

And this is the man that people claim is so cool? Crap, I must be missing something, because he sure doesn't seem that awesome to me. He made gave the bad guy image a twist, sure. But he doesn't deserve even an eighth of the credit that people give him. Sheesh.
    I personally think people give him credit because he actully killed a main character, again I may be wrong but thats just my personal opinion

(and for crying out loud, somebody oppose me.)
    You got it

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G3ORGE View Post
    Sephiroth had one of the best battle music things ive ever heard and at least he didnt look like a clown and yes he is stupid using a meteor that takes a few days to drop when he has a spell that destroys a whole universe (apart from him somehow) and him normaly with his sword looks cool but the final form of him with the 1 wing looks a bit odd and hes a b*tch to defeat but to me hes my fave coz he was the 1st baddie in an FF game coz VII was my 1st.
    Sephiroth's plan wasn't to destroy the world.

It was to have an impending threat so harsh that the planet's energy would gather at one point, where he would be waiting.

Which, as he said, did happen. Except it was at Midgar, not the northern crater.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G3ORGE View Post
    Sephiroth's plan wasn't to destroy the world.

It was to have an impending threat so harsh that the planet's energy would gather at one point, where he would be waiting.

Which, as he said, did happen. Except it was at Midgar, not the northern crater.
    But when he takes all the energy the planet dies Buenhagen said lol pretty funny he missed tho lol.
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Please don't bash me, because it's only my first time through, and i'm only near the beginning of disk two, but Sephiroth is soooooo boring. he never battles you, he tells you his plans, and he sends his mom to do his dirty work. what kind of person does that? i much prefer Garland, where theirs some sort of mystery to him, even at the end of the game.
    he cant really battle you anyway because he isnt actually around till after the whirlwind maze and after that i think it makes it better to wait until the final showdown:fencing:

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post
    he cant really battle you anyway because he isnt actually around till after the whirlwind maze and after that i think it makes it better to wait until the final showdown:fencing:
    Yeah, but you have to admit that this was a little disapointing. I mean, everything that you hear about Sephiroth in the begin of the game, is about his power and strenght. Everyone say how powerfull and invincible he was. And then, when you finally meet him, the guy run away during half of the game?! And in the second half he is hiding behind a barrier?!
    Okay, he has good motives to do this, but i think that Square could have made something in the story, to show a little more of Sephiroth's power.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

sephiroth pwns.............jus sayin....its true....

Sephiro this here.

Even though I've never played FF7 I do have a general knowledge of the story and I've seen AC.

He's alright as a villian.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud21zidane16 View Post
    Yeah, but you have to admit that this was a little disapointing. I mean, everything that you hear about Sephiroth in the begin of the game, is about his power and strenght. Everyone say how powerfull and invincible he was. And then, when you finally meet him, the guy run away during half of the game?! And in the second half he is hiding behind a barrier?!
    Okay, he has good motives to do this, but i think that Square could have made something in the story, to show a little more of Sephiroth's power.
    he wasnt running away he was heading to his ultimate goal, your team just happened to be chasing him and second if you had the whole world against you and you could eve fight them or sit and relax behind a safe barrier what would you choose
    but yes i do agree that we couldve of seen more of him, i think the game focused far too much on his past than what his actually like when youre chasing him around the world

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?