Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: is Sephiroth the best bad guy in the series?

No, because Sephiroth had a strong attatchment to parental figures, so he wouldn't have killed Gestahl because Gestahl had been like a father to Kefka. He would've given him a planet or something, or like, tried to reunite him with a bunch of hooded guys with tatoos, at which point, Gestahl would have just been all like, "Dude, knock it off.", and Sephiroth would've been all like, "Father, don't be angry at me or they might make a straight to DVD feature film involving some guy who turns into me and I'll have a brother who cries all the time despite being a fully grown man."

The way I see it, Sephiroth was insane, but still wanted to do what was right. He was doing what he genuinely believed in his messed up head. He was trying to fix things and make everything right.

Kefka was doing what he thought was wrong. He was killing just to kill. He suceeded in drowing the planet in a sea of explosions, killing most of the people and even sinking the item shop in Mobliz about 73.8% underwater, cutting off all access to the local Dried Meat market. Kefka's wraith unleashed like 10 legendary beasts that are all mega-powerful (unless you've mastered Shoat and Phantom). Kefka made it so that traveling by Chocobo is really impractical because instead of having two main continents, the world was now made up of like 47 continents.

Dancing Mad > One Winged Angel

But you already knew that.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    No, because Sephiroth had a strong attatchment to parental figures, so he wouldn't have killed Gestahl because Gestahl had been like a father to Kefka. He would've given him a planet or something, or like, tried to reunite him with a bunch of hooded guys with tatoos, at which point, Gestahl would have just been all like, "Dude, knock it off.", and Sephiroth would've been all like, "Father, don't be angry at me or they might make a straight to DVD feature film involving some guy who turns into me and I'll have a brother who cries all the time despite being a fully grown man."

The way I see it, Sephiroth was insane, but still wanted to do what was right. He was doing what he genuinely believed in his messed up head. He was trying to fix things and make everything right.

Kefka was doing what he thought was wrong. He was killing just to kill. He suceeded in drowing the planet in a sea of explosions, killing most of the people and even sinking the item shop in Mobliz about 73.8% underwater, cutting off all access to the local Dried Meat market. Kefka's wraith unleashed like 10 legendary beasts that are all mega-powerful (unless you've mastered Shoat and Phantom). Kefka made it so that traveling by Chocobo is really impractical because instead of having two main continents, the world was now made up of like 47 continents.

Dancing Mad > One Winged Angel

But you already knew that.
    Oh so it was an item shop! I was trying to figure out what that was.

Yes I did already know that. And I don't think Kefka did it because he thought it was wrong, Blowing up the planet seemed to be entertaining at the time, because we all know, if Kekfa's not entertained he kills people for entertainment. See: THE DOMA MASSACRE.

Sephiroth killed who got in his way, Kefka likes to kill anything that lives, even grass.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, and he also made the ocean purple.

Yeah, and he made the world map music all lame and with too much organ. It's a good thing that Setzer knew where we could get an airship with the power to change the world map theme to the funky bass driven hotness that it becomes.

In all honesty, I would've accepted the Narshe music as being the new world map music. When I first heard it, I thought, "Wow, this music suits the landscape perfectly. And that Peeper died before I hit him."

I think, and I'll bet Mr. Uematsu thinks too, that his work on FF6 was his best work. I've heard that the Jidoor theme was supposed to be in FF2 or FF3 on the NES, but they didn't need it or something, so it was shelved and put in Jidoor, the westernmost city on the map... NOT!

Yeah, so I don't think Sephiroth is the best bad guy in the series.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

'The Magic House' was indeed an unused track from Final Fantasy II. It still sounded pretty hot on the Famicom too. I think they extended the melody for FFVI, though.

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    Yeah, and he made the world map music all lame and with too much organ. It's a good thing that Setzer knew where we could get an airship with the power to change the world map theme to the funky bass driven hotness that it becomes.

In all honesty, I would've accepted the Narshe music as being the new world map music. When I first heard it, I thought, "Wow, this music suits the landscape perfectly. And that Peeper died before I hit him."

I think, and I'll bet Mr. Uematsu thinks too, that his work on FF6 was his best work. I've heard that the Jidoor theme was supposed to be in FF2 or FF3 on the NES, but they didn't need it or something, so it was shelved and put in Jidoor, the westernmost city on the map... NOT!

Yeah, so I don't think Sephiroth is the best bad guy in the series.
    Yeah Jidoor is fail, it had to get old unused music. =O

Oh and yeah Back on Topic.

ACTUALLY I was thinking now that Chaos is pretty lame, and I don't even remember who the bad guy was in FFVIII..

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    and I don't even remember who the bad guy was in FFVIII..
    Ultimecia... but noone liked her.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

i personally loved Sephiroth! i thought he was the best villain with Kuja not far behind (mainly because Kuja was a more regal, sophisticated version of Sephy with a cooler plan {instead of a big rock he chose to take over the world with eidolons} but sephy wins it for craziness and originality) i rather liked the screw loose seymour because he freaks me out big time..............as for kefka he seemed a bit too much like a corny bond villian especially with the evil laughing......plus looking like a clown acadamy reject doesnt help either.....
    Last edited by Fatal Impurity; 11-13-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Banned

seems as If Spheroth was good guy then badguy I think that makes him cool but thats just me and he was killed once before by Cloud. I think because he came back that makes him cool even if it was just to get owned again the momas boy, and I think a big sword like so would be impracticle.(the game still is fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    and I don't even remember who the bad guy was in FFVIII..
    Ultimecia... but noone liked her.
    Yeah, because no one noted that Evil Edea and Ultimecia are the same person. How ridiculous.

Default Kafka v Sephiroth

its seems to be between Kafka and Sephiroth so here is the ultimate question who would win in a straight fight???

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    its seems to be between Kafka and Sephiroth so here is the ultimate question who would win in a straight fight???
    In all honesty Kefka. FFVIHe has the power of the Statues which absorb all magic. He then proceded to absorb the power of the statues which are the source of all magic in FFVI. He downs 6 espers(summons) with 6 attacks. Sephiroth does little to compare to that.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage
    name one antagonist that isnt insane...
    Any movie/book/game(including FF7) with an evil scientist in it. They're actually very smart and twistedly evil. Not insane, because their ideas are works of geinus.
    and so trying to destroy a planet to become a god isnt the work of an insane genius?
    sorry I may have misinterprated this but are you saying that people that have long hair cant be cool? dont forget that they most likely designed him to be like a goth and admitidly most goths have long hair... I dont have any problem with his image.
    No,no...that's just a steroytype. Long haired people can be cool; my own hair is 2 feet long! (remember, I'm a girl) And not all goths have long hair; just black hair. All of the goths at my school have black hair. Not really long. Spiked, mowhawk, or a bad fight with some scissors, the hair isn't long. I'm just saying that the pretty-boy bad guy's nearly always have long hair and I find that a guy with long, flowing hair does much to make them seem less badas*. (does he brush it everyday!? What shampoo does he use to get that wonderful shine?!) See what I mean?
    Well not being a goth myself I wouldnt know much about tgoths but IMO Sephiroth has a very gothic aperance
    He never 'clinged' to his 'mummy' his plan was to become a god by bringing in a Meteor which would threaten the life of the planet and when the planets life is threatened the lifestream wells up at that wound, and in order to do that he needed Jenova's help. With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.) And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
    Never clinged to his mommy? What the heck are you saying? He went off to destroy the world to give it back to his mother!!!
    (Wait....destroy...to give back....You see this is where the insanity is coming in and really making things weird!!!)
    A rock that big won't simply wound the planet, it'll kill every living thing on the earth. And by doing that, the planet itself. So it wasn't a very good plan now was it? An asteroid is about the size of a building-the Black Materia finds small drifting planets! If an asteroid wiped dinosuars on this earth, a small planet would, unfailingly, destroy the earth.
    No I distinctly remember Jenova/Sephiroth saying that it would Threaten the life of the planet no matter what would happen in the real world... this is Final Fantasy after all
    With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.)
    Reliying on mommy again...Besides he killed all the other 'clones'. Not that he could really use them for anything; they were just about useless. And he could've just killed cloud and co. to get the materia; he didn't have to control cloud to hand it to him.
    like Ryushikaze said... Sephiroth wanted to make him suffer.
    And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
    Now there's something I've noticed in all my long years of playing D&D. The wizards really kick as*. In one session, we stumbled upon about 25 ogres. My fighter was having a heck of a time with them. My brother, who has a wizard, flew into the air on the back of a summoned dragon and placed about 8 expanded, enlarged and empowered fireballs on the whole field where the ogres were and all of the fireballs overlapped at a point. The ogres were completley exterminated. One other time, we ran into 14 centaurs. One fireball fried them all, before I even got a chance to draw my sword!! That is pretty amazing. So just because someone has a sword and an evil plan, doesn't make them ulitimately badas* and powerful. Being a wizard/magic-user takes at least as much, if not, far more skill than a fighter/swordsman. Never underestimate the wizard. For that is true strength beyond all the boundries of reality.
    erm did I miss the point where he used SuperNova on your team... or where he summoned a massive meteor to destroy the planet now lets think about that a second one fireball = 14 centaurs, one meteor = one planet aka a shed load of people, its the fact that he doesnt need to use his awesom magical powers to own, he is very versatile.

and so trying to destroy a planet to become a god isnt the work of an insane genius?
    No. It's the work of an insane person. I mean really-becoming a god? That's not even scientific, it's religious. At least in science they have a plausible way to acheive something real...

Well not being a goth myself I wouldnt know much about tgoths but IMO Sephiroth has a very gothic aperance
    *pish*, black clothes, white makeup. Easy. Anyone will look gothic. But Sephiroth actually enjoys what he's doing. Goths don't. It would be insulting him too much to call him a goth.

No I distinctly remember Jenova/Sephiroth saying that it would Threaten the life of the planet no matter what would happen in the real world... this is Final Fantasy after all
    One can be injured, live a while, then eventually die from the wound. And in the time the planet was dying from the wound, Sephiroth could do whatever evil deed he had in mind. I'm not saying that planet destruction would be immiediate-just fatal.

like Ryushikaze said... Sephiroth wanted to make him suffer.
    Include the fact that you couldn't play a game without any characters....that tends to explain why the bad guys never do what would be quick and easy. They always have to go the hard way.

erm did I miss the point where he used SuperNova on your team... or where he summoned a massive meteor to destroy the planet now lets think about that a second one fireball = 14 centaurs, one meteor = one planet aka a shed load of people, its the fact that he doesnt need to use his awesom magical powers to own, he is very versatile.
    To destroy the planet...so you're agreeing with me?

As for the rest of the quote, thank you for proving my point.

For the last line...
    Are you quite sure? If you remember in the flashback, all he did was cast lightning when ever there was a random encounter. The only time you actually saw him use his sword was 1)against the dragon, and 2)on Tifa.
    It seems to me he relied on magic a lot. I could kill a dragon with one short spell, far superior to using a sword, however D&D does not mesh well with the Final Fantasy battle system. The damage counts are way off.