Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: is Sephiroth the best bad guy in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Reno~ View Post
    Ryushikaze, They dont accept what your are saying and are not conceeding to you, they in truth cannot be bothered to argue with you anymore, tell me: where does it say that the conceed to what you are saying? do they specificly say "yes Ryushikaze I conceed your point you were right" I mean from where im sitting it looks like your ASSUMEING that they are conceeding when all through you constantly ask for proof. Additionally calling someone who is but 2 years younger then you Child seem's to me like your stamping your foot. oh and for the record I am 23 and therefore not a child.
    Well, a lot of it has to do with the fact that claims have little to no inherent validity without evidence, and the more outrageous a claim is, the more or better evidence it requires to gain validity, so if he cannot provide, then he has by default conceded his claim, whether or not he agrees with me or not.
    Though if you're getting on my case for calling Crystal child, why not his for calling me kid?

Well, Sephiroth is one of those characters who has looks, the power to destroy anything he wants AND he can last more than 5 KotRs. (I mean BOTH of them; Bazziro + Safer) He is basically a God among men who only plans on ruinning the life of a psychotic spikey-haired bastard. He even knows where to kick Cloud what with the whole Aeris-killing thing.

In short, yes, he IS FF's greatest villian.
    I AM MasterX! I am the man who respects himself FAR more than others. I am the person to question when someone is constantly forced to commit crimes. I am the bastard that allows forum law-breaking to occur in front of his very nose.

I am what I am.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MasterX View Post
    Well, Sephiroth is one of those characters who has looks, the power to destroy anything he wants AND he can last more than 5 KotRs. (I mean BOTH of them; Bazziro + Safer) He is basically a God among men who only plans on ruinning the life of a psychotic spikey-haired bastard. He even knows where to kick Cloud what with the whole Aeris-killing thing.

In short, yes, he IS FF\'s greatest villian.
    Emphasis on looks, because that is why he is so overrated.(Bizzaro is more Jenova than Sephiroth.)KoTRs doesn\'t count. Attacks and animations in games don\'t count because Sephy can\'t really blow up the sun; it was just something Square put in to make him look cool. And he needed the Black Materia to summon Meteor.He was NOT a god. In fact, that was what he tried to do in FFVII but was defeated by the FFVII party. He did manage to control about 1/2 of Lifestream, but not all. Villains like Kefka controlled all the magic in the world and Kuja actually succeeded in blowing up a planet.Like it\'s said before, Sephy is a good villain, but nowhere near that of Kefka and Kuja.

whos kefka and kuja ive heard of sephiroth and he looks way cooler, who cares about magic power, yes its strong and all but in a villian or evil person you think of power and strenght, and sephiroth has that look, you cant count on power in the game as thats the developers idea

Kefka is the main Villian of FF VI, Kuja of FF IX

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Though if you're getting on my case for calling Crystal child, why not his for calling me kid?
    well probly because I didnt read it, and coupled with the fact this isnt the only person you have called Child.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu
    Emphasis on looks, because that is why he is so overrated.
    Hell, that's a big part of what makes a good villian. Having an original and striking character image like Sephiroth did made him what he is today.

Str8 Pimpin'

Why some people think that Kuja can blow up a planet? We don't have any prove that he can, and we don't have anyone of SE saying that he can.

I think Kefka was a better villain. Seph was a decent character, though.

Oh yeah, and flaming based on your opinion is pointless and will never solve anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    Hell, that's a big part of what makes a good villian. Having an original and striking character image like Sephiroth did made him what he is today.
    No, looks are a big part of why people like villains more. I know Sephy is a great villain, but it's just that many people only or mainly like him because he looks cool. Looks are what made Sephy popular, but it doesn't make him a great villain. It's like saying a person is a great boyfriend/girlfriend because he/she looks good (though looks are what people might go for).

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    Original? They gave him a black coat, long silver hair, and a big ass sword. That's not very original.

Okay, granted. Bizarro + Safer were more Jenova-esqe kinda bosses, but I forgot to mention why I truely admire Sephiroth. He was invinsible. You have to admit, even in later levels, Cloud could not do to the damned Midgar Zolom what Sephy did in that one run through the plains that first time. He is godlike by normal standards, because (assumingly) he impaled that snake with ease while Cloud being half-dead after any brawl with it. (Unless you kill it BEFORE it uses Beta) He is legendary for his AVERAGE strength, not for his higher forms. There is little proof that Kefka and Kuja hold the same average power Sephiroth holds. (Kefka nearly destroys the planet, but he uses the God Statues to do so.) I'm not saying those guys ain't strong. I'm only saying the are nothing compared to Sephy in terms of strength. Also, look at the past scenario with Sephiroth. He destroyed that dragon in TWO hits. Not even Kuja could do that. Two of Kuja's regular attacks would barely kill off Vivi. If I'm wrong, point out flaws, please. I'm open to debates.
    I AM MasterX! I am the man who respects himself FAR more than others. I am the person to question when someone is constantly forced to commit crimes. I am the bastard that allows forum law-breaking to occur in front of his very nose.

I am what I am.

Default main characters

this was posted by corncracker

Kefka is the main Villian of FF VI, Kuja of FF IX

so your saying sephiroth isnt the main villian in FF7?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterX View Post
    Okay, granted. Bizarro + Safer were more Jenova-esqe kinda bosses, but I forgot to mention why I truely admire Sephiroth. He was invinsible. You have to admit, even in later levels, Cloud could not do to the damned Midgar Zolom what Sephy did in that one run through the plains that first time. He is godlike by normal standards, because (assumingly) he impaled that snake with ease while Cloud being half-dead after any brawl with it. (Unless you kill it BEFORE it uses Beta) He is legendary for his AVERAGE strength, not for his higher forms. There is little proof that Kefka and Kuja hold the same average power Sephiroth holds. (Kefka nearly destroys the planet, but he uses the God Statues to do so.) I'm not saying those guys ain't strong. I'm only saying the are nothing compared to Sephy in terms of strength. Also, look at the past scenario with Sephiroth. He destroyed that dragon in TWO hits. Not even Kuja could do that. Two of Kuja's regular attacks would barely kill off Vivi. If I'm wrong, point out flaws, please. I'm open to debates.
    Kuja is holding back in most fights, including the last, until you piss him off and he outright kills you. Then, later, as his life is running out, he decides to bring you back, then teleports himself, the entire party, and the airship out of the physical manifestation of the collective unconcious and to a relatively safe place.
    He also succesfully planetbusts Terra (Well, BDZ's it at least) and does so casually once he gains the power of trance. He then uses this same power to tear a persisting hole into the collective unconcious as well as shatter the source of all existence (Ironically, it would seem, thus beginning existence unintentionally).

Awww, man. I completely forgot about Kuja's complete elimination of Terra. You'll have to excuse me, I haven't touched FFIX in a while. Technically, this should be in a FFIX forum, but I've got time on my hands.

True, true, Kuja destroys that planet like no other. Plus, know that I think about it...Kuja is quite powerful, but I'm not taking higher forms into account, which means I'm not including Trance as well. What can Kuja do to Terra without Trance. I'm not saying he's not powerful, but his average power should be taken into questioning. His dragon-riding abilities are demonstrated during the game, but his non-trance magic isn't displayed. If so, remind me.

I am what I am.