Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: is Sephiroth the best bad guy in the series?

Default Sephiroths Story

I think Sephiroth is the best villain because of the way he wasn’t to begin with, he was a great soldier who people respected and looked up to and he was so sure of himself but when he found out the truth about what doctor Odin had done it destroyed him he turned to the dark side when he burned down Clouds hometown. But in some ways you can understand him, not him burning down the town but the way he turned and became a villain that’s why I think he’s the best bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    I think Sephiroth is the best villain because of the way he wasn’t to begin with, he was a great soldier who people respected and looked up to and he was so sure of himself but when he found out the truth about what doctor Odin had done it destroyed him he turned to the dark side when he burned down Clouds hometown. But in some ways you can understand him, not him burning down the town but the way he turned and became a villain that’s why I think he’s the best bad guy.
    Dr.Odin? I thought it was hojo?
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

even i dont think sephy was the best! hes a cool character and everything.......i like him, but not as being the best villian
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Which FF Character Are You?

- "Let's Bounce"

Default Would the game work without Sephiroth? and HOJO is another mad scientist

What do u think the game would of been like without Sephiroth? i dont think FF7 would work without him. Your right it was HOJO i got him mixed up with doctor Odin out of Final Fantasy 8 hes another mad scientist!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He is the only FF to (SPOILER)sucessfully destroy a world!

Also he's got the best freaking rants!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah so? You got a point there? He had great rants, his Trance was awesome, and (SPOILER) I destroyed a planet, and killed the ENTIRE party!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    The best baddies is still Kuja or Kefka.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

erm.... no, he didnt, he was in the northern crater the whole time in that place where Cloud goes to when he gives him the Black Materia, the person you saw all those times was Jenova...
    That is exactly what I said. He made is mother fight you! Coolness? I think not.

name on antagonist that isnt insane...
    Any movie/book/game(including FF7) with an evil scientist in it. They're actually very smart and twistedly evil. Not insane, because their ideas are works of geinus.

sorry I may have misinterprated this but are you saying that people that have long hair cant be cool? dont forget that they most likely designed him to be like a goth and admitidly most goths have long hair... I dont have any problem with his image.
    No,no...that's just a steroytype. Long haired people can be cool; my own hair is 2 feet long! (remember, I'm a girl) And not all goths have long hair; just black hair. All of the goths at my school have black hair. Not really long. Spiked, mowhawk, or a bad fight with some scissors, the hair isn't long. I'm just saying that the pretty-boy bad guy's nearly always have long hair and I find that a guy with long, flowing hair does much to make them seem less badas*. (does he brush it everyday!? What shampoo does he use to get that wonderful shine?!) See what I mean?

He never 'clinged' to his 'mummy' his plan was to become a god by bringing in a Meteor which would threaten the life of the planet and when the planets life is threatened the lifestream wells up at that wound, and in order to do that he needed Jenova's help. With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.) And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
    Never clinged to his mommy? What the heck are you saying? He went off to destroy the world to give it back to his mother!!!
    (Wait....destroy...to give back....You see this is where the insanity is coming in and really making things weird!!!)
    A rock that big won't simply wound the planet, it'll kill every living thing on the earth. And by doing that, the planet itself. So it wasn't a very good plan now was it? An asteroid is about the size of a building-the Black Materia finds small drifting planets! If an asteroid wiped dinosuars on this earth, a small planet would, unfailingly, destroy the earth.

With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.)
    Reliying on mommy again...Besides he killed all the other 'clones'. Not that he could really use them for anything; they were just about useless. And he could've just killed cloud and co. to get the materia; he didn't have to control cloud to hand it to him.

And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
    Now there's something I've noticed in all my long years of playing D&D. The wizards really kick as*. In one session, we stumbled upon about 25 ogres. My fighter was having a heck of a time with them. My brother, who has a wizard, flew into the air on the back of a summoned dragon and placed about 8 expanded, enlarged and empowered fireballs on the whole field where the ogres were and all of the fireballs overlapped at a point. The ogres were completley exterminated. One other time, we ran into 14 centaurs. One fireball fried them all, before I even got a chance to draw my sword!! That is pretty amazing. So just because someone has a sword and an evil plan, doesn't make them ulitimately badas* and powerful. Being a wizard/magic-user takes at least as much, if not, far more skill than a fighter/swordsman. Never underestimate the wizard. For that is true strength beyond all the boundries of reality.

And yes, I was talking about the Dragonlance Legends, but it's all Dragonlance nonetheless..

And thank you for opposing me!! Now it's starting to be fun!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for your brother Wizard, would he not have to spend atleast 1 round preparing the spells? A fighter with quick draw could easily interupt the spell if he successfully hit him. Sorry for going off topic.

No. You see the spells are prepared before time and only a little bit, the very end of an otherwise long and complicated spell, need to be said to activate the spell. Thus, with only a few words, a wizard can cast a spell 8 pages long. And if a fighter does manage to hit the wizard, the wizard has to make a concentration check, which failing is very small, since any good wizard invests a lot of ranks into concentration and takes the Combat Magic feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    erm.... no, he didnt, he was in the northern crater the whole time in that place where Cloud goes to when he gives him the Black Materia, the person you saw all those times was Jenova...
    That is exactly what I said. He made is mother fight you! Coolness? I think not.
    That's not his mother. It's not even an entity separate from Sephiroth mentally. It's an extension of himself, sent to do his bidding while he gathered power.

name on antagonist that isnt insane...
    Any movie/book/game(including FF7) with an evil scientist in it. They're actually very smart and twistedly evil. Not insane, because their ideas are works of geinus.
    Genius and insanity are NOT mutually exclusive. Not to say that you are incorrent, but Hojo, for example, was bat[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] loco.

sorry I may have misinterprated this but are you saying that people that have long hair cant be cool? dont forget that they most likely designed him to be like a goth and admitidly most goths have long hair... I dont have any problem with his image.
    No,no...that's just a steroytype. Long haired people can be cool; my own hair is 2 feet long! (remember, I'm a girl) And not all goths have long hair; just black hair. All of the goths at my school have black hair. Not really long. Spiked, mowhawk, or a bad fight with some scissors, the hair isn't long. I'm just saying that the pretty-boy bad guy's nearly always have long hair and I find that a guy with long, flowing hair does much to make them seem less badas*. (does he brush it everyday!? What shampoo does he use to get that wonderful shine?!) See what I mean?
    The man can kill you without mussing his do. That's decently badass.

He never 'clinged' to his 'mummy' his plan was to become a god by bringing in a Meteor which would threaten the life of the planet and when the planets life is threatened the lifestream wells up at that wound, and in order to do that he needed Jenova's help. With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.) And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
    Never clinged to his mommy? What the heck are you saying? He went off to destroy the world to give it back to his mother!!!
    (Wait....destroy...to give back....You see this is where the insanity is coming in and really making things weird!!!)
    A rock that big won't simply wound the planet, it'll kill every living thing on the earth. And by doing that, the planet itself. So it wasn't a very good plan now was it? An asteroid is about the size of a building-the Black Materia finds small drifting planets! If an asteroid wiped dinosuars on this earth, a small planet would, unfailingly, destroy the earth.
    The Dino Killer was larger than Meteor. Meteor was also moving at slower speeds.
    And no, Sephiroth was NOT destroying the world to give it back to his mother. He was doing it for himself. At one point when he thought he was an ancient, he was doing it to revenge the atrocities done to himself and what he thought was his mother, but by the time the game starts, it's all about the Sephy.

With Jenova he had the ability to exert some control over those who have Jenova cell's inside them (like for instance when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Jenova at the Temple.)
    Reliying on mommy again...Besides he killed all the other 'clones'. Not that he could really use them for anything; they were just about useless. And he could've just killed cloud and co. to get the materia; he didn't have to control cloud to hand it to him.
    HE WAS JENOVA'S MIND. JENOVA WAS HIS PUPPET, HIS MINION, HIS TOOL.

And TBH I think its better to kill people with the skill of a sword then just to blast the away with magic/summons/statues in the game he was a living legend, like Cloud said: Sephiroth's strength is unreal. He is far stronger in reality then any story you might have heard about him.
    Now there's something I've noticed in all my long years of playing D&D. The wizards really kick as*. In one session, we stumbled upon about 25 ogres. My fighter was having a heck of a time with them. My brother, who has a wizard, flew into the air on the back of a summoned dragon and placed about 8 expanded, enlarged and empowered fireballs on the whole field where the ogres were and all of the fireballs overlapped at a point. The ogres were completley exterminated. One other time, we ran into 14 centaurs. One fireball fried them all, before I even got a chance to draw my sword!! That is pretty amazing. So just because someone has a sword and an evil plan, doesn't make them ulitimately badas* and powerful. Being a wizard/magic-user takes at least as much, if not, far more skill than a fighter/swordsman. Never underestimate the wizard. For that is true strength beyond all the boundries of reality.
    Never underestimate the rogue or the monk.
    And Wizards are only as good as the person playing them. I've known MANY a horrible wizard in my day.
    By the by, what about spellblades, eh? Y'know, sword AND sorcery?
    Of course, any mage is only good so long as their spells hold out, and they have a nasty tendency to run out.

And yes, I was talking about the Dragonlance Legends, but it's all Dragonlance nonetheless..
    Yes, one of the lowest powered setting in D&D...

And thank you for opposing me!! Now it's starting to be fun!
    Just getting started. You WILL be knocked down.

No. You see the spells are prepared before time and only a little bit, the very end of an otherwise long and complicated spell, need to be said to activate the spell. Thus, with only a few words, a wizard can cast a spell 8 pages long.
    Requiring at least a standard action (a large chunk of any turn), unless they waste spell slots in order to reduce that casting time.

And if a fighter does manage to hit the wizard, the wizard has to make a concentration check, which failing is very small, since any good wizard invests a lot of ranks into concentration and takes the Combat Magic feat.
    And any good fighter should be able to hit the Wizard enough that the CUMULATIVE concentration check will be an issue.
    Of course, I much prefer the silencing strike. Unless you silented all your spells, a damn waste of spell slots, you have none.
    Last edited by Ryushikaze; 10-03-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    IMO he's one of the best.

He did more evil things than almost any other villain I can think of. Torching a village, wiping out the Shinra building, and leaving the President dead on his chair was crazy. And then he killed Aeris. Sure, X-Death did this before him, but he actually jumped down and impaled her.
    In all honesty, most of the other FF villains carried out more evil acts (and usually eviller acts) then Sephiroth did, the two ones coming immediately to mind being Kefka and Kuja. Now, while I think Sephiroth was one of the best villains because of personality, goals, or power (again, I think Kefka and Kuja beat him), I DO think he was one of the best villains merely for the sake that I thought he was a fairly cool villain.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan
    What do u think the game would of been like without Sephiroth? i dont think FF7 would work without him. Your right it was HOJO i got him mixed up with doctor Odin out of Final Fantasy 8 hes another mad scientist!
    Actually, if memory serves right, Sephiroth wasn't upset with Hojo but Dr. Gast, as it was Gast's writings that he read that allowed Sephiroth an initial idea of what he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco
    He is the only FF to Spoiler: sucessfully destroy a world!

Also he's got the best freaking rants!
    Technically, Kefka DID destroy the world; he didn't completely annihilate it like Kuja did, but he sent it spiralling into such disarray and had destroyed so much of the planet it that he practically had destroyed it. Still, Kuja easily ties with Kefka for my favorite FF villains, and I agree whole-heartedly that Kuja has the best rants of every villain in the series. After about seven years, I still have that rhyme he says at the beginning of disk three stuck in my head.
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Pfffftt... Garland's the best villian. He WILL knock you all down.

Apart from being the first villan I killed (at the grand age of two, thanks to my dearly beloved game-playing father), he was also the very essence of badass. It's too bad he was extremely easy to beat. :(

Default you dont even fight Garland

I think sephiroth was the hardest to beat aswell Kuja was easy i beat him first time as for garland you dont even fight him!